• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Beefcake the Mighty

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Dez. 2009
The boonies, Manitioba Canada
Ah okay... go to Metalcamp then. They're showing the world cup final there. Should be funny to watch the Europeans go crazy. :D

And not that I mind being called "dude", but just for info, I'm female. :o

I call everybody "dude", even my mom. I have a work contract that requires me to stay here until the last week of July, unfortunately.

I want to be one of those people going crazy!

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
and yea it's in the middle of nowhere...Sometimes it's excellent just because there's nature all around, but then you realize that you're in a desolate soul sucking place. Rough for somebody who's grown up in the city.

I could imagine... lived in middle of nowhereland a few months ago for school, it was fricken 5-6hrs to drive to the nearest decent metal show, and the car broke down before I even got out of the state. :rolleyes: Now I'm back 45mins from one of the best metal venues in the south, at least.

Beefcake the Mighty

9 Dez. 2009
I could imagine... lived in middle of nowhereland a few months ago for school, it was fricken 5-6hrs to drive to the nearest decent metal show, and the car broke down before I even got out of the state. :rolleyes: Now I'm back 45mins from one of the best metal venues in the south, at least.

Well it's not like Winnipeg (the biggest city in my province) has many metal shows to begin with, but I feel you.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
You just crushed my hopes and dreams in a single swoop, you harlot. jk

That kind of sucks then. I'm going to miss the running of the bulls, that big tomato fight and now a big soccer match.

There's a soccer cup at Wacken usually though... groups of 5 or so people. Might see if I can get a team together, but that idea crashed and burned last year, plus I'm not yet 100% I'm going this year.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Why didn't you just ask random dudes to play? Just bat your eyelashes like chicks do.

How many times have you been to Wacken? Just last year or what? Spending too much money on other festivals/travel to go this year?

Random dudes? Doubt that'd work. :D

Last year was my first time overseas, yea. I'm just currently unemployed and can't afford to do anything if I don't get a job soon.

Beefcake the Mighty

9 Dez. 2009
We get a decent amount here, Atlanta's probably the best place in the south, but unfortunately a lot of good tours skip the south completely. Which sucks a lot.

Atlanta is probably 5 times larger than Winnipeg, hence more shows. It's usually only the bigger more mainstream bands that make their way through my neck of the woods (Lamb of God, Slayer, Megadeth, etc). Behemoth actually came last month but I couldn't go. Lamesauce....

Beefcake the Mighty

9 Dez. 2009
Random dudes? Doubt that'd work. :D

Last year was my first time overseas, yea. I'm just currently unemployed and can't afford to do anything if I don't get a job soon.

How wouldn't it work? seems like most people on the board are random dudes at one point in time...

Be a peeler for awhile. You'll make a couple grand every weekend! or are you still in school?