• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I'll use a Dutch word here.
It's called "graaiflatie".
Raising prices, KNOWING people will buy it anyway.

yup.

To me the metal scene is awesome because we respect people regardless of who you are, who you fancy to date or how rich you are.
If you listen to metal, you're me comrade. These kinds of separate areas for people who are willing, and most importantly ABLE to pay are something that go against everything I personally think the metal scene should stand for.

StrungOut84

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2016
Gander, Canada
yup.

To me the metal scene is awesome because we respect people regardless of who you are, who you fancy to date or how rich you are.
If you listen to metal, you're me comrade. These kinds of separate areas for people who are willing, and most importantly ABLE to pay are something that go against everything I personally think the metal scene should stand for.
Well said, exactly my thought, I feel like it goes against the whole metal "mentality".

Reaktionen: agresionpower

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Unfortunately there's a demand for it. So, as organisations you'd be crazy, not to forfill this demand! After all, it is money!

But those VIP areas are boring. Been there, done that.

(OK, if you've volunteered for said organisations, I think it's a decent thing to do.)

BO1977

10 Juni 2019
I beg to differ.

As long as Wacken is sold out, Wacken United does not matter.

However, what happens if not all Wacken tickets are sold out? The “sold out” tag on the Webpage is not a god given fact, see e.g. the ticket numbers for Rock am Ring this year.

To put this into perspective: The turnover for 300 day-passes (~100€ each) and 500 4-day-passes (400€ each) for Wacken Divided, I’m sorry I mean Wacken United, is in the order of 233 k€. This additional turnover vanishes as soon as ~780 tickets for 300€ are not sold.

Thus, if a small market is served at the expense of the bulk of customers (and not everyone is happy wiht the development of the festival, see above), the latter being the cash cow of the festival, the total turnover, and typically also the profit, may go down drastically.

So serving every demand is not always the way to go 😊

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I beg to differ.

As long as Wacken is sold out, Wacken United does not matter.

However, what happens if not all Wacken tickets are sold out? The “sold out” tag on the Webpage is not a god given fact, see e.g. the ticket numbers for Rock am Ring this year.

To put this into perspective: The turnover for 300 day-passes (~100€ each) and 500 4-day-passes (400€ each) for Wacken Divided, I’m sorry I mean Wacken United, is in the order of 233 k€. This additional turnover vanishes as soon as ~780 tickets for 300€ are not sold.

Thus, if a small market is served at the expense of the bulk of customers (and not everyone is happy wiht the development of the festival, see above), the latter being the cash cow of the festival, the total turnover, and typically also the profit, may go down drastically.

So serving every demand is not always the way to go 😊
Er, it's an UPGRADE!
This means, you need a, let's say, a normal ticket 🎟 to start with!
It is not a subsidiary batch of tickets!

I can understand that for PROFESSIONALS, they do no longer want to give tickets for free, but 99€/day or 389€(?) for all days is a bit over the top. Especially if you "open" it for all people.
And, in my own experience, this VIP area isn't that existing! It's just a place where you can find more peace, so you can work under calm circumstances. You rarely get to see any artists.

And it seems that there's no alcohol for sale either! Plus the prices of the food/drink packages are exorbitant as well!

I know one thing: I'm not going to pay any $, €, £, ¥, ₩, CHF or whatever, for this "service".
If access is offered to me, I'll take it, if not, makes no difference.

BO1977

10 Juni 2019
Well regarding "Er, it's an UPGRADE!" as you see in the text above, I have been talking about an additional turnover :)

We are talking about two different topics here, you are mentioning your personal experience while I am questioning the approach as such.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Well regarding "Er, it's an UPGRADE!" as you see in the text above, I have been talking about an additional turnover :)

We are talking about two different topics here, you are mentioning your personal experience while I am questioning the approach as such.
I think, we both agree that it's useless. Except for professionals like journalists etc.

For us... doesn't make any sense.

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
I always loved that Wacken didn’t have a VIP tickets. Also kind of crazy to me how much the prices have gone up. When I started to going to Wacken, the tickets were less than 200 € and now they are 300 €. Would be crazy to put another 300 € to get access to some VIP area.

I hope this doesn’t take away from other stuff (tho with how much it costs, definitely shouldn’t) like having enough seating scattered around the festival area.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I always loved that Wacken didn’t have a VIP tickets. Also kind of crazy to me how much the prices have gone up. When I started to going to Wacken, the tickets were less than 200 € and now they are 300 €. Would be crazy to put another 300 € to get access to some VIP area.

I hope this doesn’t take away from other stuff (tho with how much it costs, definitely shouldn’t) like having enough seating scattered around the festival area.
Apart from being unnecessary, I honestly don't think it'll "cost" anything on the normal side. This is just a way to get more €€€$$$, but for services on the infied/camping etc. should be the same!

But unfortunately, we've lost contact with @Wacken-Jasper because he's got another function within the W:O:A organisation. (nonetheless I'll tag him here anyways) He's here from time to time, but way less than in other years!
A replacement has not yet been found. (I'll candidate if needed! :ugly: )

Darkfang

Reaktionen: Quark

Darkfang

Apart from being unnecessary, I honestly don't think it'll "cost" anything on the normal side. This is just a way to get more €€€$$$, but for services on the infied/camping etc. should be the same!
That's was I said to StrungOut84. If people are willing to purchase this to help fund the whole festival, cool. The music industries took a massive hit during covid. Some band will stop touring before it's not as profitable as before.. sad ..