THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
so I live in the middle of holland, how do I get to wacken?

:p

Get to Charleroi (or Brussels South Airport) and take any Ryanair flight to wherever. Change there, and try to get to Hamburg. If you don't succeed in doing so, change again, and repeat this step.

Then, take the ICE to München. Once you get there, go back via Berlin to Itzehoe. Take any bus you like to Hamburg (if there are any) Then take the IC back to Itzehoe and try to find the shuttle.

Once in the shuttle, you can relax. You'll be in Wacken!

:D

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Get to Charleroi (or Brussels South Airport) and take any Ryanair flight to wherever. Change there, and try to get to Hamburg. If you don't succeed in doing so, change again, and repeat this step.

Then, take the ICE to München. Once you get there, go back via Berlin to Itzehoe. Take any bus you like to Hamburg (if there are any) Then take the IC back to Itzehoe and try to find the shuttle.

Once in the shuttle, you can relax. You'll be in Wacken!

:D

thnx a lot :D

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Help Please!

I plan to attend WOA 2008 with my Nephew. We will both be traveling to Wacken from Hawaii and need to get lodging and ground transportation lined up. A location in Itzehoe near or semi near the shuttle bus stop would be great. Does anyone have any recomendations? The only thing stopping us from attending is lodging, once that is taken care of, we will be there! If anyone attending the festival has a place to share near the shuttles or the festival, we would be glad to share the expenses. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I plan to attend WOA 2008 with my Nephew. We will both be traveling to Wacken from Hawaii and need to get lodging and ground transportation lined up. A location in Itzehoe near or semi near the shuttle bus stop would be great. Does anyone have any recomendations? The only thing stopping us from attending is lodging, once that is taken care of, we will be there! If anyone attending the festival has a place to share near the shuttles or the festival, we would be glad to share the expenses. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

you can buy a tent at wacken and camp with all the other 72500 people...
ground transportation, just go with public transport and the shutlebus (see the first post in the thread)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Er, Zombi.

Why is the Metal Train not mentioned in this (semi) definitive guide to Wacken?

Just a question.

Runs from Stuttgart to Itzehoe without any change. Buses run from both Zürich HB and München Hbf to Stuttgart, where you can get on the Metal Train.

Just a suggestion. (link is included)

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Er, Zombi.

Why is the Metal Train not mentioned in this (semi) definitive guide to Wacken?

Just a question.

I guess it's because nobody of the people who contributed to this thread ever used the metal train.
And as this thread is mainly for foreigners it is relatively unlikely that any of them first travels to Stuttgart and then gets on the metal train. Most just fly to Lübeck or Hamburg and need help for the rest of the trip to Wacken.