THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Zombi, 14. Juni 2005.

1. Zombi

Zombi W:O:A Metalmaster

To get back you must reverse the instructions.

2. satriomaiden

satriomaiden W:O:A Metalhead

Dear metalheads

nice to read this one, it's very helpful for me to see my first wacken this year.
    ma name is satrio from Indonesia, maybe you're more familiar with Bali Island than Indonesia, aren't you?. I'm from Solucite Metal Concert an event Organizer of Metal Concert in Indonesia, so far we had successfully held the show for Kreator, Dragon Force and Helloween here. The metalheads in Jakarta-Indonesia are awesome indeed.

see you guys around....waaacckkkeeeennn....

3. Lionzz

Lionzz W:O:A Metalhead

Hi, I'm staying in a Hotel in Wacken this year with my wife.
    The problem is, I still don't have the reservation and the only two good options (Itzehoe and Bad Bramstedt) don't have vacancies.
    So I'm thinking of staying in another city (like Heide or Bokel or Nortof) and taking cabs to and from the festival site. What do you guys think? Is it possible to take cabs? Is it too expensive?
    Thank you very much!

4. LXE

LXE W:O:A Metalhead

I wouldn't

For the money and time your going to waste trying to take cabs, just to not have to sleep in a tent, you'd probably find it well worth it to rent one of the campers they are offering this year (if they aren't all sold out already).

Taxies aren't cheap.

You're better off camping. Pretty much everyone I've ever known who has had to stay at a hotel outside of Wacken, has regretted the decision after the fact due to the hassel of traveling to it nightly.

5. Feicht

Feicht Newbie

Where to camp

Didn't know where else to put this question. This will be my second WOA, but this year I'm a little confused on the camping arrangements. Last year I hitched a ride with some German friends and camped with their group, but this year it will just be myself and an American friend.

Am I to believe we just camp right near where the shuttle bus drops us off? (I've never taken this bus, since last year we were in my friend's car). And if so do we just kind of set up camp wherever there's open space?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked 33932084098 times, I just want to be absolutely sure when I get there :) My friend basically took care of everything last year and I was just along for the ride, but this year I'm "in charge" as it were...

6. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

just get to the camp ground and put your tent where you want to ;)

7. Feicht

Feicht Newbie

Sounds good to me :)

Is it correct that this campground is mostly for international people too? I.e., people that didn't drive there?

8. Feicht

Feicht Newbie

I have another question... I just noticed that Wacken sells tents on their website... is there any chance that they would sell them at the festival too? I'd hate to risk it, but the way it stands now my friend and I will be buying a tent in Switzerland the day before, and I'm wary of how much that would cost.

9. Sam Przyborowski

Sam Przyborowski W:O:A Metalhead

They do sell them there. Not sure where...may be the Wacken Info Office..

10. Feicht

Feicht Newbie

Interesting... I guess I'd just be afraid to show up and they ran out of them or something. But I also don't need to buy some 200 euro tent in Switzerland, either. Hmmm...

11. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

www.wacken.com then WOA merchandise. Don't know where exactly, but you'll find it there.

If not www.metaltix.de or was it www.metaltix.com?

Edit Piaf zegt: Both

12. Feicht

Feicht Newbie

Right I know you can order them online, I just didn't know if they'd actually have them at the festival too. Didn't look last year :)

13. lifesadream

lifesadream W:O:A Metalhead

I think I read somewhere on the website that you can order outdoor stuff online and pick them up at the wacken office.

14. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

Correct!

15. Feicht

Feicht Newbie

Oh damn! How do I do that, that would be convenient as hell! :)

(Not that I trust metaltix.com after my debacle last year mind you, but I guess it would be worth a shot.)

Diese Seite empfehlen