THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

satriomaiden

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Apr. 2008
Dear metalheads

nice to read this one, it's very helpful for me to see my first wacken this year.
ma name is satrio from Indonesia, maybe you're more familiar with Bali Island than Indonesia, aren't you?. I'm from Solucite Metal Concert an event Organizer of Metal Concert in Indonesia, so far we had successfully held the show for Kreator, Dragon Force and Helloween here. The metalheads in Jakarta-Indonesia are awesome indeed.

see you guys around....waaacckkkeeeennn....

Thanks guys. This thread has been awesome. See ya for my first Wacken 2008. Cheers Zombie, Quark, Agresionispower, Carpathian, Gnoff and others. See ya at the bar. You've been a great help. If there's any changes from Hamburg to Wacken please let us know.
Cheers
You've all been a great help.
Dave

Lionzz

9 Aug. 2007
Hi, I'm staying in a Hotel in Wacken this year with my wife.
The problem is, I still don't have the reservation and the only two good options (Itzehoe and Bad Bramstedt) don't have vacancies.
So I'm thinking of staying in another city (like Heide or Bokel or Nortof) and taking cabs to and from the festival site. What do you guys think? Is it possible to take cabs? Is it too expensive?
Thank you very much!

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
I wouldn't

For the money and time your going to waste trying to take cabs, just to not have to sleep in a tent, you'd probably find it well worth it to rent one of the campers they are offering this year (if they aren't all sold out already).

Taxies aren't cheap.

You're better off camping. Pretty much everyone I've ever known who has had to stay at a hotel outside of Wacken, has regretted the decision after the fact due to the hassel of traveling to it nightly.

Feicht

7 Juni 2008
Sandusky
Where to camp

Didn't know where else to put this question. This will be my second WOA, but this year I'm a little confused on the camping arrangements. Last year I hitched a ride with some German friends and camped with their group, but this year it will just be myself and an American friend.

Am I to believe we just camp right near where the shuttle bus drops us off? (I've never taken this bus, since last year we were in my friend's car). And if so do we just kind of set up camp wherever there's open space?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked 33932084098 times, I just want to be absolutely sure when I get there :) My friend basically took care of everything last year and I was just along for the ride, but this year I'm "in charge" as it were...

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Didn't know where else to put this question. This will be my second WOA, but this year I'm a little confused on the camping arrangements. Last year I hitched a ride with some German friends and camped with their group, but this year it will just be myself and an American friend.

Am I to believe we just camp right near where the shuttle bus drops us off? (I've never taken this bus, since last year we were in my friend's car). And if so do we just kind of set up camp wherever there's open space?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked 33932084098 times, I just want to be absolutely sure when I get there :) My friend basically took care of everything last year and I was just along for the ride, but this year I'm "in charge" as it were...

just get to the camp ground and put your tent where you want to ;)

Feicht

7 Juni 2008
Sandusky
Sounds good to me :)

Is it correct that this campground is mostly for international people too? I.e., people that didn't drive there?

Feicht

7 Juni 2008
Sandusky
I have another question... I just noticed that Wacken sells tents on their website... is there any chance that they would sell them at the festival too? I'd hate to risk it, but the way it stands now my friend and I will be buying a tent in Switzerland the day before, and I'm wary of how much that would cost.

Feicht

7 Juni 2008
Sandusky
Oh damn! How do I do that, that would be convenient as hell! :)

(Not that I trust metaltix.com after my debacle last year mind you, but I guess it would be worth a shot.)