THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

CyberianK

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Juli 2022
@cxm
The weather forecast is looking very good. It will not be a deep mud Wacken. I am certain you will have no issue driving. As last guy said even if you would have issues there are peoples helping. Sometimes in light mud which is all that we will get even 10 metalheads pushing can be enough.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Updated.

Unfortunately the Deutschlandticket is not mentioned. I have/Zombi has reached the limit of 10,000 characters.

Therefore I'll put it here.

The DEUTSCHLANDTICKET is a subscription travel card, which allows you to freely travel with ALL regional transport (RB, RE, IRE trains, trams/streetcars, U-Bahn, S-Bahn, buses) within Germany, and this from the 1st day of any month (for instance: 1 January, 1 July...) until the last day of that same month! (e.g. 31 January, 28 (29) February, 30 June...).
The card can be bought ONLINE only, but it can be a bit difficult if you're from outside of Germany (and decide to stay a month or a bit shorter). Best way: The BREMEN TRANSPORT AUTHORITY makes it fairly easy to buy one. (pay per credit card)
However, you do NOT want to forget to UNSUBSCRIBE it before the 10th of each month! If you do forget, it'll cost another €49 again!
Do not forget that 1 August is IN the Wacken week. If you need one for August, be prepared to do so before, or.. try it to do online in Wacken.

Bremer Verkehrsverbund: Bremen Transport Authority: https://www.vbn.de/en/tickets/translate-to-english-ticket-apps (ticket apps, in English)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
And one IMPORTANT thing for those who drive by (own/rental) car, coming from Hamburg! (But I reckon, also coming from Denmark)

THE EXIT "Wacken/Schenefeld" WILL BE CLOSED! PLEASE FOLLOW THE SIGNS "WACKEN OPEN AIR" AS SOON AS YOU SEE THEM! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT FOLLOW YOUR GPS/NAVIGATION APP, AS SOON AS YOU SEE THE W;O;A SIGNS!!!