THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
-R4- schrieb:
i've question about the shuttle-buses

i've seen the shuttle-buses (and L14) of the past year and i've noticed that there are not many buses.. so i was wondering if there was/will be enough space for all

i wouldnt want to miss the flight-back to italy, cause if it will happen i'll have not money to come back and i'll have to live in hamburg forever :D
if you go early enough, it'll work. If not, you'll be packed like sardines in a tin can. But there will be 6 or s.t. busses back to the Itzehoe station, so you'll manage to get back. (this is one bus every 10 minutes)

Purge

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2006
Chester, UK
www.last.fm
Hi,
This will be my second time to Wacken but i'm having a few problems. I went last time (2004) with a coach company (Argon fucking events...) and even though it was a fucking awful experience (30+ hours on the coach...the drivers got lost twice!) it had the bonus that everything was sorted out before we left the UK.
This year i've so far received my tickets and booked flights but i'm a bit confused about the whole camping arrangement.

- I have to get a connecting flight from Manchester to London, the connections have an hour between them so it would be pointles putting stuff in cargo hold, i'm only taking what i can carry as hand luggage. My tent is far too heavy so i was going to buy one from Wacken. I'll be arriving thursday afternoon so do any of you know, based on previous years, if the info office will still have tents left?
It says on the shop page that you can pay for it now and pick it up in Wacken, but when i went through the checkout process it just seemed to want to send it to my house, which is pointless... :confused:

- I have a 3 day ticket. Last time the ticket stated it was a festival and camping ticket, this year it's in German so i can't tell... I'm guessing that i just have to but the full metal bag thing and i can camp, right?

- One last thing. My flight back is sunday evening, will the buses to the airtport still run on sunday. If not, how much is a taxi from Hamburg to Hamburg airport?

Thanks for writing the guide by the way! That was most of my questions answered before i asked them!

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Purge schrieb:
- I have a 3 day ticket. Last time the ticket stated it was a festival and camping ticket, this year it's in German so i can't tell... I'm guessing that i just have to but the full metal bag thing and i can camp, right?
That's right. You need the festival ticket and then you have to buy the full metal bag when you arrive.
Can't really help you with the other questions, though.

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Purge schrieb:
- One last thing. My flight back is sunday evening, will the buses to the airtport still run on sunday. If not, how much is a taxi from Hamburg to Hamburg airport?

both the Airport Express from the Main station and the other busses/subways will be running on sunday. If you still want to take a taxi, it would cost about 20 euros from the center of hamburg.

Kate answered the other question. I honestly have no idea about the tent situation though...

Purge

13 Mai 2006
Chester, UK
www.last.fm
Cheers for the answers! Put my mind at ease a bit. Guess i'll just have to wing the tent thing...going to see if i can get a small lightweight one, if not i'll hope and pray they have some at the info centre!

Thanks again!

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Purge schrieb:
Cheers for the answers! Put my mind at ease a bit. Guess i'll just have to wing the tent thing...going to see if i can get a small lightweight one, if not i'll hope and pray they have some at the info centre!

Thanks again!

alternative solution: seduce someone that has a tent and sleep with him/her

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Purge

13 Mai 2006
Chester, UK
www.last.fm
Zombi schrieb:
alternative solution: seduce someone that has a tent and sleep with him/her

LOL! Don't think my girlfriend would be too appreciative of that...especially as she'd still have nowhere to sleep... ;)

I actually can't believe what's happening with my flights at the moment though. My booking has disappeared from the site where i ordered them! Do i still have a plane ride or do i have to bleedin' walk to Wacken now....? Fuckers...

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Purge schrieb:
LOL! Don't think my girlfriend would be too appreciative of that...especially as she'd still have nowhere to sleep... ;)

I actually can't believe what's happening with my flights at the moment though. My booking has disappeared from the site where i ordered them! Do i still have a plane ride or do i have to bleedin' walk to Wacken now....? Fuckers...
Ask the air company.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Huldran schrieb:
BTW, where exactly am I supposed to obtain this?
At the entrance, or at the wristband booth, or elsewhere?

Any clue?

[couldn't find the exact info on the homepage]
as far as I know it's at the place where you had to pay for the parking tickets...or something like that...or at the entrance to the camping area...well, at least NOT at the wristband booth as this would give you the opportunity to get onto the campgrounds without a FMB.

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
Kate McGee schrieb:
as far as I know it's at the place where you had to pay for the parking tickets...or something like that...or at the entrance to the camping area...well, at least NOT at the wristband booth as this would give you the opportunity to get onto the campgrounds without a FMB.
I think, the entrance then... as parking is definitely not applicable to me :D