Stupid people part 2

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

catlash

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
LooseCannon schrieb:
Everytime Pat Robertson opens his mouth,something stupid comes out.
Indeed. and here is another-though not from Pat Robertson:

MSNBC.com

Woman forfeits friend for free tank of gas
She leaves companion at gas station as deposit after fill-up, never returns

Reuters
Updated: 12:34 a.m. CT May 18, 2006

BERLIN - A German woman left her friend as a deposit at a gas station because she did not have enough cash to pay for her gasoline, police said Wednesday.

"She didn't have enough money to pay the bill, so her friend stayed behind as a human deposit while she went to withdraw cash," said a spokesman for police in the southern town of Münchberg. "Unfortunately, the woman did not return."

Two hours after the 20-year-old driver left, the gas station called the police, who interrogated the stranded "deposit" before releasing her. Police are investigating the driver on suspicion of fraud.

Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
Stupid People are on a Press run today!:
MSNBC.com

A case for the lawn ranger
Thief steals California homeowner’s front yard — sod, shrubs and sprinklers

The Associated Press
Updated: 1:24 p.m. CT May 18, 2006

ADELANTO, Calif. - It was a sod story for a Mojave Desert homeowner whose entire front yard — grass, bushes and sprinklers — was hauled away by a thief.

The homeowner telephoned law officials to report the yard in front of his under-construction home was gone, sheriff's spokeswoman Staci Johnson said Tuesday.

Witnesses told the homeowner they saw the thief taking the sod, plants and irrigation system to a nearby residence, Johnson said.

David Roger Bowers, 34, was arrested at the home and booked for investigation of grand theft and possession of stolen property, the sheriff's spokeswoman said.

The landscaping materials were returned to the victim.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

© 2006 MSNBC.com

And in this one it is hard to say who the most stupid ones are. At first glance it would be the cop but if couple is not telling the whole story it could maybe be them too:

Couple arrested for trespassing hire attorney, plan to sue the city
PDF | Email
Stephen Janis, The Examiner
May 18, 2006 7:00 AM (2 days ago)

BALTIMORE - The Virginia couple arrested Saturday for trespassing after getting lost trying to find Interstate 95 have retained an attorney and plan to sue the city.

“In view of what’s happened, it’s a given,” said Dale Anstine, an attorney in York, Pa., who is representing the family. “I personally know these people; they are good kids. I think the conduct of this police officer is beyond outrageous.”

Llara Brook, 20, and her boyfriend, Josh Kelly, 22, traveled from Chantilly, Va., to Baltimore to see an Orioles game Saturday. The couple stopped in the 800 block of Bridgeview Drive in Cherry Hill to ask a Baltimore Housing Police Officer, Natalie Preston, for directions. Brook said the officer was blunt: “You found your way in. You can find your way out.”

After writing a citation for failure to obey a stop sign — a ticket Kelly disputes — the officer told them to leave. Confused, the couple drove about “40 feet” and stopped.

“We still didn’t know how to get out,” Kelly said.

But Preston pulled up behind them and arrested Kelly and Brook for “trespassing,” according to the ticket.

Anstine said he was currently “gathering information about the incident” and expected to file a lawsuit in “two or three months.”

Matt Jablow, a spokesman for the police department, said the incident is “under investigation.”

The police report contradicts the couple’s story, stating that Kelly was “argumentative” and refused to give the officer’s pen back after signing the citation for failure to stop.

Margaret Burns, spokeswoman for the State’s Attorney’s Office, said her office declined to prosecute the couple based on the arresting documents. “There are thousand of cases like this being thrown out every month,” Burns said. “In the month of February, we threw out 902 cases; in March, we threw out over 1,200 cases — that means 70 cases a day.”

Burns said “nuisance arrests” waste city resources that could be better used to fight violent crime. “Somewhere within the Police Department there is a policy or directive to increase the number of arrests, or crime has gone up,” she said. “The officer spent hours on this case; it’s a waste of her time.”

Jablow said there is no policy to increase arrests. “Crime is down significantly this month,” he said.

Meredith Curtis, spokeswoman for the American Civil Liberties Union, said the case is part of a larger trend. “This is the latest, most egregious example of what has been demonstrated to be a pattern of illegal arrests,” she said.

Curtis said that even though the charges were dropped, the couple will have a permanent record that can be expunged only if they agree not to sue. “It’s ridiculous and also unconstitutional.”

sjanis@baltimoreexaminer.com

Examiner

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
catlash schrieb:
And in this one it is hard to say who the most stupid ones are. At first glance it would be the cop but if couple is not telling the whole story it could maybe be them too:

Couple arrested for trespassing hire attorney, plan to sue the city
PDF | Email
Stephen Janis, The Examiner
May 18, 2006 7:00 AM (2 days ago)

BALTIMORE - The Virginia couple arrested Saturday for trespassing after getting lost trying to find Interstate 95 have retained an attorney and plan to sue the city.

“In view of what’s happened, it’s a given,” said Dale Anstine, an attorney in York, Pa., who is representing the family. “I personally know these people; they are good kids. I think the conduct of this police officer is beyond outrageous.”

Llara Brook, 20, and her boyfriend, Josh Kelly, 22, traveled from Chantilly, Va., to Baltimore to see an Orioles game Saturday. The couple stopped in the 800 block of Bridgeview Drive in Cherry Hill to ask a Baltimore Housing Police Officer, Natalie Preston, for directions. Brook said the officer was blunt: “You found your way in. You can find your way out.”

After writing a citation for failure to obey a stop sign — a ticket Kelly disputes — the officer told them to leave. Confused, the couple drove about “40 feet” and stopped.

“We still didn’t know how to get out,” Kelly said.

But Preston pulled up behind them and arrested Kelly and Brook for “trespassing,” according to the ticket.

Anstine said he was currently “gathering information about the incident” and expected to file a lawsuit in “two or three months.”

Matt Jablow, a spokesman for the police department, said the incident is “under investigation.”

The police report contradicts the couple’s story, stating that Kelly was “argumentative” and refused to give the officer’s pen back after signing the citation for failure to stop.

Margaret Burns, spokeswoman for the State’s Attorney’s Office, said her office declined to prosecute the couple based on the arresting documents. “There are thousand of cases like this being thrown out every month,” Burns said. “In the month of February, we threw out 902 cases; in March, we threw out over 1,200 cases — that means 70 cases a day.”

Burns said “nuisance arrests” waste city resources that could be better used to fight violent crime. “Somewhere within the Police Department there is a policy or directive to increase the number of arrests, or crime has gone up,” she said. “The officer spent hours on this case; it’s a waste of her time.”

Jablow said there is no policy to increase arrests. “Crime is down significantly this month,” he said.

Meredith Curtis, spokeswoman for the American Civil Liberties Union, said the case is part of a larger trend. “This is the latest, most egregious example of what has been demonstrated to be a pattern of illegal arrests,” she said.

Curtis said that even though the charges were dropped, the couple will have a permanent record that can be expunged only if they agree not to sue. “It’s ridiculous and also unconstitutional.”

sjanis@baltimoreexaminer.com

Examiner

They(the police & Baltimore Mayor Martin O'Mally) keep telling the media that there isn't a quota system,but there is.

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
After much discussion Chris and I decided this belonged to this thread-even if it is a first hand experience.
I just got back from spending a long and wonderful weekend with him in Baltimore. He took me to see his dad which I know took a lot but meant as much to me. I mean bad blood or not that is part of what makes my Darlin' the man I love and it felt like something I needed to do.
The bad blood part is he was a bad dad and a bad husband-abuse that still deeply affects Chris.
And I understand this. I was briefly in an abusive marriage. I used to joke wryly that he did everything but cheat on me and then found he was doing that too-with a 17 year old! This abuse hit home rather deeply for me too. It has left me super sensitive and jumpy in areas and at times I normally never was. It has left me with a permanent though thankfully only occasionally hindering injury that is not just emotional. I also have a bit of scarred emotions from the fact that no 'women and children' shelter ever paid attention to me-one even tellling me I needed to be near death in a hospital for them to help. Long story short we both know first hand how evil abusers are.
Well, so I get back to work after returning from Baltimore. Loving my Darlin' so I cannot wait to tell my co workers and friends of my adventures in 'Balamar'. I talk to one lady I refer to as Christian Woman (CW from here on). I tell her of my visit with Chris' dad. She acts stunned-"Only about ten minutes?? If Chris is that important to youo wouldn't you want to spend more time?" she asks. I tell her that was more than enough time. She asks why so I briefly tell her what I Cliff Noted through above. CW "But still ten minutes? People can change. He just has to understand what he is doing and why it is wrong. Enlighten him." (her code for lead him to a church) Okay...you DO NOT tell a survivor of abuse that abusers can change and all one needs with them is paitence, love and understanding!! That crock of shit would have gotten me killed!! So, seething with fury inside, I try as hard as I can, for benefit of work, to be civil. I explain to her that I have first hand experience, (an earlier relationship was filled with mental abuse but that is pablum compared to the one I described) that I have had friends go through the same and that do to researched fueled by my experience I have run across statistics that prove that abusers suddenly realizing their wrongs and changing forever does and can happen but that it is the exception to the rule. I tell her this. She ACTUALLY TELLS ME "I don't pay attention to statistic crap."!!!! I am getting very furious at her but again trying to keep my cool. I tell her statistics are fact and her denial makes it none the les so. I them ask if she herself has ever lived through abuse. CW comes back at me with "I've know friends that were abused too and their abusers did change. I have seen it." I repeat my question as all those clouds in her ears apparently made it hard to hear. She says no. Me "Well, I have! I and Chris have both seen it first hand, experienced it! You CANNOT sit here, having not experienced abuse, and tell an abuse survivor that load of crap!" Before I REALLY blew my stack, and possibly got myself fired, I retreated to my office. But fuuuuuuck!!! Can a person REALLY be THAT unsympathetic to someone that has SEEN how evil a person can be, has begged and pleaded and bawled for them to stop, has told said abuser they were huting them and yet the abuse continued that? These abusers KNEW what pain they were causing and guess what?? They did not fucking care for anything BUT themselves! NO ONE can help people like that! (mine came from a devout Catholic family so being active in church is NOT a solution like the naively foolish CW thinks!)

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
MetalCommando schrieb:
that's Christians for you
I guess you are right. An old friend/'brother' of mine hates them because of his overwhelming experience with people that can change the world just because they are christian. I know some that ARE what I call true christian and ARE very nice plus MY path in life is against honest and true hatred so I try hard not to hate them myself. But sometimes it is really hard. :confused: :rolleyes:

catlash

21 Nov. 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
And now, under 'How to Effectively Raise More Sheeple'....

(found under ESPN.com, concerning American High School Football)

Updated: May 25, 2006, 5:20 PM ET
Coaches face suspension for wins of 50-plus pointsAssocaited Press

HARTFORD, Conn. -- High school football coaches in Connecticut will have to be good sports this fall -- or risk a suspension.

The football committee of the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, which governs high school sports, is adopting a "score management" policy that will suspend coaches whose teams win by more than 50 points.

A rout is considered an unsportsmanlike infraction and the coach of the offending team will be disqualified from coaching the next game, said Tony Mosa, assistant executive director of the Cheshire, Conn.-based conference.

"We were concerned with any coach running up the game. There's no need for it," Mosa said. "This is something that we really have been discussing for the last couple of years. There were a number of games that were played where the difference of scores were 60 points or more. It's not focused on any one particular person."

Some have dubbed it the "Jack Cochran rule," after the New London High football coach, who logged four wins of more than 50 points last year. In New London's 60-0 rout of Tourtelotte/Ellis Tech, Cochran enraged the Tourtelotte bench by calling a timeout just before halftime. Tourtelotte's coach was arrested on breach of peace charges after police say he struck a security guard and an assistant New London coach.

Leo Facchini, New London's athletic director, called it unfair to single out his coach.

Facchini said he and Cochran tried to pull in the reins during New London's 90-0 drubbing of Griswold last season by trying to get both sides and the timekeeper to agree to run a continuous clock.

Some states, including Iowa, continuously run the game clock in the second half if a team has a 35-point lead. The Connecticut committee rejected a similar proposal because members thought it would unfairly cut into backups' playing time.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
catlash schrieb:
After much discussion Chris and I decided this belonged to this thread-even if it is a first hand experience.
I just got back from spending a long and wonderful weekend with him in Baltimore. He took me to see his dad which I know took a lot but meant as much to me. I mean bad blood or not that is part of what makes my Darlin' the man I love and it felt like something I needed to do.
The bad blood part is he was a bad dad and a bad husband-abuse that still deeply affects Chris.
And I understand this. I was briefly in an abusive marriage. I used to joke wryly that he did everything but cheat on me and then found he was doing that too-with a 17 year old! This abuse hit home rather deeply for me too. It has left me super sensitive and jumpy in areas and at times I normally never was. It has left me with a permanent though thankfully only occasionally hindering injury that is not just emotional. I also have a bit of scarred emotions from the fact that no 'women and children' shelter ever paid attention to me-one even tellling me I needed to be near death in a hospital for them to help. Long story short we both know first hand how evil abusers are.
Well, so I get back to work after returning from Baltimore. Loving my Darlin' so I cannot wait to tell my co workers and friends of my adventures in 'Balamar'. I talk to one lady I refer to as Christian Woman (CW from here on). I tell her of my visit with Chris' dad. She acts stunned-"Only about ten minutes?? If Chris is that important to youo wouldn't you want to spend more time?" she asks. I tell her that was more than enough time. She asks why so I briefly tell her what I Cliff Noted through above. CW "But still ten minutes? People can change. He just has to understand what he is doing and why it is wrong. Enlighten him." (her code for lead him to a church) Okay...you DO NOT tell a survivor of abuse that abusers can change and all one needs with them is paitence, love and understanding!! That crock of shit would have gotten me killed!! So, seething with fury inside, I try as hard as I can, for benefit of work, to be civil. I explain to her that I have first hand experience, (an earlier relationship was filled with mental abuse but that is pablum compared to the one I described) that I have had friends go through the same and that do to researched fueled by my experience I have run across statistics that prove that abusers suddenly realizing their wrongs and changing forever does and can happen but that it is the exception to the rule. I tell her this. She ACTUALLY TELLS ME "I don't pay attention to statistic crap."!!!! I am getting very furious at her but again trying to keep my cool. I tell her statistics are fact and her denial makes it none the les so. I them ask if she herself has ever lived through abuse. CW comes back at me with "I've know friends that were abused too and their abusers did change. I have seen it." I repeat my question as all those clouds in her ears apparently made it hard to hear. She says no. Me "Well, I have! I and Chris have both seen it first hand, experienced it! You CANNOT sit here, having not experienced abuse, and tell an abuse survivor that load of crap!" Before I REALLY blew my stack, and possibly got myself fired, I retreated to my office. But fuuuuuuck!!! Can a person REALLY be THAT unsympathetic to someone that has SEEN how evil a person can be, has begged and pleaded and bawled for them to stop, has told said abuser they were huting them and yet the abuse continued that? These abusers KNEW what pain they were causing and guess what?? They did not fucking care for anything BUT themselves! NO ONE can help people like that! (mine came from a devout Catholic family so being active in church is NOT a solution like the naively foolish CW thinks!)

I will be there in 2 weeks & I'll get in this BUNT'S(a combination of Bitch & Cunt) face & say,"you have ANYTHING to say about me or my family,say it to me".

This has angered me beyond belief.CL also told me about how my mom should be there for him,also.My dad's hobby was drinking & beating his wife & kids(the night we left him,he threw my sis against the washing machine).He had a stroke 3 years ago(can't move his right side & his speech is very limited) & I visit him on his b-day (2 days before mine),Father's Day, & Christmas.All he gets are holiday/b-day cards.

My sister has never visited him(he now never wants to see her).

I can't wait to see this Bunt.