Hat das W:O:A seinen Zenit überschritten?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
Sieh das mal nicht auf alt/jung begrenzt, eher auf alte/neue Leute einfach.

Da ist ganz viel dran! Ein Festival steht und fällt mit dem Camp! Und über zwei Jahrzehnte ändert sich ein Camp unweigerlich. Bin ja auch schon seit '97 dabei, und von unserem Camp aus den ersten Jahren ist außer mir keiner mehr auf dem Wacken. Ich hab aber irgendwann gemerkt, dass es wichtig ist, neue Leute mit an Bord zu holen. Und die letzten paar Jahre würde ich sagen, wir haben das beste Camp, das wir je hatten! :)

Hirnschlacht

14 Mai 2007
Oumpfgard
Da ist ganz viel dran! Ein Festival steht und fällt mit dem Camp! Und über zwei Jahrzehnte ändert sich ein Camp unweigerlich. Bin ja auch schon seit '97 dabei, und von unserem Camp aus den ersten Jahren ist außer mir keiner mehr auf dem Wacken. Ich hab aber irgendwann gemerkt, dass es wichtig ist, neue Leute mit an Bord zu holen. Und die letzten paar Jahre würde ich sagen, wir haben das beste Camp, das wir je hatten! :)

Hölle ja! Ohne dieses Camp wäre ich dieses Jahr wohl auch nicht dabei gewesen!

Aber diese Crew ist einfach großartig! :D

Commitment to excellence!

Oh und was freue ich mich auf Moonsorrow! :D

Doc Rock

Master of the Wind einer Dirne
27 Jan. 2011
Göttingen
wo fahrt Ihr zu Moonsorrow?
Bin in Hamburg dabei

Die beiden Saufbolde treffen sich in Hannover :D

Genau, Hirni und ich sind in Hannover dabei. Schade, hätte Dich gern mal kennen gelernt!

Ohja! Weißt du schon, ob du vorher vorbei kommen kannst? Es warten 1,5l Captain Morgan auf dich. :ugly:

Bei den Konditionen werde ich zusehen, dass ich vorher noch bei euch vorbei kommen kann. ;) Habs aber noch nicht im Detail geplant.

Sag mal, wäre zur Not bei euch auch für noch eine weitere Person Platz? Der Kai überlegt, noch einen Kumpel mitzubringen. Alternativ spielen die beiden aber auch mit dem Gedanken, bis zum ersten Zug am Morgen durchzufeiern. :D

Hirnschlacht

14 Mai 2007
Oumpfgard
Genau, Hirni und ich sind in Hannover dabei. Schade, hätte Dich gern mal kennen gelernt!

Bei den Konditionen werde ich zusehen, dass ich vorher noch bei euch vorbei kommen kann. ;) Habs aber noch nicht im Detail geplant.

Sag mal, wäre zur Not bei euch auch für noch eine weitere Person Platz? Der Kai überlegt, noch einen Kumpel mitzubringen. Alternativ spielen die beiden aber auch mit dem Gedanken, bis zum ersten Zug am Morgen durchzufeiern. :D

Guck mal in dein Threema rein! :o

Brom

24 Dez. 2016
Hamburg
Unfortunately my German isn't yet good enough to make a huge forum posts, but I got the point of this topic.

I agree that it feels that W.O.A might be going down after its zenith.

I bought the tickets for Wacken 2017 with my wife and I was really looking forward for it cause it should be our first visit to W.O.A.
But with every new advent-calendar day and new bands, my excitement got weaker and weaker.
And now, after the kinda "big bands" were announced today, I'm very disappointed.
The lineup, to my taste, is absolutely weak - combination of old-fart one-hit-song bands (which are called old-school for marketing purposes) and no-name uninspiring modern underground.

Maybe it's just my taste, but somehow this lineup manages to have lots of weaker (IMHO) bands of the genre.
I mean, having Kreator is cool, but then instead of Sodom/Destruction we get alcos from Tankard. Instead of Annihilator, that forgot how to play thrash, and Flotsam, that never knew how to play it, why not to invite Onslaught and Testament, that were always kicking serious ass.
Then I ask myself why Kärbholz and Emil Bulls were selected if there are bands like Betontod, Berliner Weisse, Callejon, Caliban?
Of course there are famous bands like Europe and Status Quo, but, honestly, when speaking about such old farts, why not calling for Def Leppard, Dokken, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, John Fogerty?
Then we have death/thrash representative in a face of 7th Liga Witchery. Jeezz, there are Legion of the Damned, Dew-Scented, Hatesphere - aren't they more interesting?
Also, why not celebrating 40 years of punk with bands like The Exploited and Misfits? Nope, there are cheaper replacements.
And I can continue on and on...

I understand that it's impossible to build lineup that will be cool for everyone, and I wasn't expecting this.
I understand that this might be my personal preferences speaking.
But I have a feeling that I'm not the only one with such opinion.
I recently heard on some Hamburg radio channel the advertisement that was inviting people to buy tickets for WOA - no wonder noone buys them, because this line up for such price, in my opinion, is a rip off.

I would be happy to sell those tickets, but I'm afraid it will not be easy to do, because I'll be not the only one trying to do this, and there will be not so many people wanting to buy the ticket.

Does anyone still believe that it's possible to sell around 60k tickets in a day, and then miraculously not sell remaining 10k tickets in next 4 months?
Wacken managers clearly have some financial problems, so they had to book lots of average bands just to fill the spots, and this is sad.

I know this sounds harsh and I'll probably get lots of angry replies from Wacken die-hard fans, but I really wish to Wacken Team success and keep on going!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Nickolaus

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Aug. 2010
Köln
www.facebook.com

Indeed.
I prefer Annihilator over Onslaught and Testament every day, I discovered Witchery as a very cool blackened thrash Band I will definitely watch in Wacken and Europe and Status Quo are big bands I am really looking forward to.

And calling Alice Cooper an old-fart is very ignorant

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Unfortunately my German isn't yet good enough to make a huge forum posts, but I got the point of this topic.

I agree that it feels that W.O.A might be going down after its zenith.

I bought the tickets for Wacken 2017 with my wife and I was really looking forward for it cause it should be our first visit to W.O.A.
But with every new advent-calendar day and new bands, my excitement got weaker and weaker.
And now, after the kinda "big bands" were announced today, I'm very disappointed.
The lineup, to my taste, is absolutely weak - combination of old-fart one-hit-song bands (which are called old-school for marketing purposes) and no-name uninspiring modern underground.
I'll have to agree with you so far, but I do however have some remarks to make, which I will do so below. 'Cause there are some discrepancies.
Maybe it's just my taste, but somehow this lineup manages to have lots of weaker (IMHO) bands of the genre.
I mean, having Kreator is cool, but then instead of Sodom/Destruction we get alcos from Tankard. Instead of Annihilator, that forgot how to play thrash, and Flotsam, that never knew how to play it, why not to invite Onslaught and Testament, that were always kicking serious ass.
Then I ask myself why Kärbholz and Emil Bulls were selected if there are bands like Betontod, Berliner Weisse, Callejon, Caliban?
Of course there are famous bands like Europe and Status Quo, but, honestly, when speaking about such old farts, why not calling for Def Leppard, Dokken, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, John Fogerty?
Those bands you call "low" quality bands, and then name "better" ones, aren't always better, you know! I mean, I've seen ZZ Top playing in Hellfest last year, and boy, did I look forward to see then! However, as the show took place, I got very VERY disappointed! Gibbons and co were playing on routine mode, not interacting with the public, only thing he could say was "YEAH!" and so on.
Sodom have been on Wacken on numerous occasions, and one always complaines that there's always "those same bands" on Wacken, so, in the time, they try NOT to have the same bands, you're complaing!? Gotta know what you want!
And calling bands "old farts", because they have ade themselves a name in the (metal) scene is shortminded. If it weren't for these bands, Metal might not even have existed as it is today! Every band gets its inspiration from another band! That's nothing new, that's been like this for centuries!
Then we have death/thrash representative in a face of 7th Liga Witchery. Jeezz, there are Legion of the Damned, Dew-Scented, Hatesphere - aren't they more interesting?
Also, why not celebrating 40 years of punk with bands like The Exploited and Misfits? Nope, there are cheaper replacements.
And I can continue on and on...
Eh, what now? Now all of a sudden older bands? Or am I missing something? :confused:
I understand that it's impossible to build lineup that will be cool for everyone, and I wasn't expecting this.
But I have a feeling that I'm not the only one with such opinion.
I recently heard on some Hamburg radio channel the advertisement that was inviting people to buy tickets for WOA - no wonder noone buys them, because this line up for such price, in my opinion, is a rip off.
It is your opinoin. Nothing more. That's right. Like I heard others (here as well, may I add) that like this year's line up. (OK, my German is good enough to read/understand it, which might make it easier for me. And I'm not a Germanophone either!))
I would be happy to sell those tickets, but I'm afraid it will not be easy to do, because I'll be not the only one trying to do this, and there will be not so many people wanting to buy the ticket.

Does anyone still believe that it's possible to sell around 60k tickets in a day, and then miraculously not sell remaining 10k tickets in next 4 months?
Wacken managers clearly have some financial problems, so they had to book lots of average bands just to fill the spots, and this is sad.

I know this sounds harsh and I'll probably get lots of angry replies from Wacken die-hard fans, but I really wish to Wacken Team success and keep on going!

If you want to sell your ticket(s), that's your choice. It is possible through either the Flohmarkt (in German) or on the Flea Market (in English). And I can tell you, people do succeed in selling them. As long as you play by the rules. :)
So you see, nothing to worry about!

Hardrockstorm

W:O:A Metalmaster
18 Nov. 2011
Hamburg/Langenhorn
Die Ticketverkäufe lassen die These zumindest zu! - Ich selbst habe da keine klare Meinung zu, ich frage mich aber, ob die nur die Preiserhöhung dafür zuständig ist, dass das WOA im Oktober noch nicht ausverkauft ist.
Vielleicht liegt es aber auch daran, dass das wirkliche Stammpublikum gar nicht so groß ist und die Touristen so langsam das Interesse verlieren, da es nur 1-2 Jahre ganz witzig ist dich dort zu besaufen, aber keine echte Bindung da ist, die auf Jahre hält. Zusätzlich haben die "truen" Metaller keine Lust mehr, aufgrund zunehmender Komerzialisierung etc., so dass auf Dauer nur eine Kerngruppe überbleibt, die vielleicht kleiner ist, als angenommen und natürlich auch einer Fluktuation unterliegt.

Mein Gedankengang stützt sicher eher auf einen langfristigen Blick (10-20) Jahre. Vor allem, weil es immer weniger ganz große Headliner wie Maiden, Priest etc. geben wird.

Somit gibt es für die Zukunft (auf 10-20 Jahre) für mich 3 Optionen:
- der späte Sold-Out hat keinen wirklichen Effekt auf das Festival und es wird auch auf Jahre hin weiter ausverkauft bleiben, nur eben später
- das Festival wird Probleme haben die Tickets zu verkaufen und wird irgendwann schließen, da sie Probleme haben, sich zu verkleinern
-Die Besucherzahlen gehen langfristig leicht zurück, aber es wird eine Kerngruppe (von vllt 40 - 60.000 Leuten) geben und das Festival verkleinert sich entsprechend

Wichtig: Ich will nicht durch ein verzögerten Sold Out den Teufel an die Wand malen. Bestimmt nicht! Aber etwas über die Zukunft zu sinnieren, finde ich ziemlich spannend und bin gespannt auf eure Meinungen;)

Das,daß W:O:A in Zukunft Probleme bekommt, weil alteingesessene Bands wie Priest oder Maiden irgendwann Schluß machen, glaube ich nicht.In die Lücken stoßen dann andere rein.Das Publikum bleibt ja auch nicht auf alle Ewigkeit gleich.Auch hier findet der Verjüngungsprozess ständig statt.

Sold out...sicher ist der erhöhte Preiß ein Faktor.Aber eben nur einer.Viele Gründe machen das aus.Ich schätze auch mal das etliche Ebay Profi Abzocker durch das schlechte Wetter der letzten 2 Jahre immens auf die Nase gefallen sind und dementsprechend noch ihre Wunden lecken.Da waren schon ein paar bei, die auf Tickets sitzengeblieben sind oder mit erheblichen Verlust verkaufen mussten.

Der absolut treue Besucherstamm,der definitiv jährlich nach Wacken kommt,egal welche Bands spielen,egal welches Wetter angesagt ist,macht vieleicht ein Drittel des Kontingents aus.Wenn überhaupt...schwer zu schätzen,mehr aber m.M nach auf keinen Fall.