>>>GOOD NEWS<<<

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
are you kidding ?

man, I used to give some credits to your words, but now you lose all credibility.

concerning Primordial, they rock. no doubt about that. great singer.

Looooool consider that a mistype man I was on a role an not all with it haha! i have some obituary albums actually though I must say i dont have them in my DM section for some reason on my pc they're filed under Doom :s my mistake lol! - although in all honesty a lot of their stuff sounds to me more like thrash/dm rather than ya typical dm ......that said i'd probably put kreator down for thrash from the live stuff i've seen lol

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
Trying to sum up last years bm/dm bands, I actually see no difference to this year. Even now 3 month before the festival

At the Gates
Carcass
Ensiferum
Gorgoroth
Grave
Lord Belial
Nifelheim
Obituary
Watain

Amon Amarth
Borknagar
Einherjer
Endstille
Enslaved
Napalm Death
Kampfar
Sarke

Man, this year nothing can compare with such huge band as Carcass. Also there is no old school death metal as at 08' - Obituary and Grave. Also you forgot Job For a Cowbay which gave facesmashing performance of brutality.

And its "just" 5 metalcore bands this year. I mean - 6 too much, but it shows the emphases: Its quite the same, noticing that we have to face another 3 or 4.
Where do you see 5 metalcore bands? I see only 3: BFMV, BMTH and Calejjon (or whatever the name is).

slayerizer

10 Feb. 2003
www.slayersaves.com
Man, this year nothing can compare with such huge band as Carcass. Also there is no old school death metal as at 08' - Obituary and Grave. Also you forgot Job For a Cowbay which gave facesmashing performance of brutality.

Where do you see 5 metalcore bands? I see only 3: BFMV, BMTH and Calejjon (or whatever the name is).

You both forgot MASSACRE from last year which is both death metal and old school! There you go....also they were one of the best bands of 2008 IMO!

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
You both forgot MASSACRE from last year which is both death metal and old school! There you go....also they were one of the best bands of 2008 IMO!

Indeed, I missed that one. But it's nothing compared to 2006 line-up. That year I was running like mad among stages, because I wanted to see everything. Just check out those names: Aborted, Arch Enemy, Atheist, Battlelore, Caliban, Carnivore, Desperados, Ektomorf, Emperor, Fear Factory, Ministry, Morbid Angel, Finntroll, Six Feet Under, Soulfly, Vreid, Wintersun. That was a line-up worth a 20 anniversary.

Stoffel1337

30 Okt. 2007
NRW
At the Gates - not bm/dm

Ehm....does you drunk to much mate?!?!?

At the Gates should NOT BE DEATH METAL?!??! what the fuck?!?!

At the Gates are one of the BEST death Metal bands out there (ok not more...cause last show last year *cry*)

At the Gates are the precursors of Melodic Death metal! And they are 100% Death Metal!

And to the Comparison of the Death/Black Bands from 2008 to 2009 - sick?!?

The Bands in 2008 were real great! Many great acts of Death and Black Metal!

Obituary , At the Gates , Carcass and Gorgoroth - These 4 Bands on his own are real oldschool Acts!

And this Year? Jeah we have Amon Amarth....first to say is that they play EVERYWHERE!!!
And they are Death Metal? lol! Okay..they play death metal...but for kids!
The riffs are softer than parts of Power Metal Bands , and this shall be Death?!? hahaha compare this to Obituary , Cannibal Corpse or something other...you will see - its Death Metal for the Viking/Pagan Kids , cause of the Lyrics and the softer (but for them harder) riffing.

2009 are not ONE real big Death/Black Metal Band confirmed.

Napalm Death....In their Oldschool times they was real good Grindcore! Without discussion! But...what do they produce today? It have nothing to do with Grindcore!
Then Kampfar...hahaha another Band for the Pagan/Viking Kids.
Endstille...jeah our music is such annoying that we have to slaughter pigs on our concerts - we are the most blasphemic and frostbitten Band ever!!!
Sarke....a sideproject of Darkthrone...nice....its the 20th Wacken Open Air , and the only thing we need to confirm is a SIDE project?!? I laughed!

The only Band from the Death/Black fraction wich is worth to say its good , is Einherjer. Ok they are Viking Metal too , but i´ve neverd heard of a Pagan/Viking-Kid who listened to them...they are to rought for them.

So now we can compare this in a short way.

2008 --->>> Obituary , At the Gates , Carcass , Gorgoroth , Massacre and Grave as great Acts
2000 --->>> Einherjer (not real Death/Black metal)

and sorry for my bad english -.- i´ve always hated the grammatic =D

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY

At the Gates are one of the BEST death Metal bands out there (ok not more...cause last show last year *cry*)

At the Gates are the precursors of Melodic Death metal! And they are 100% Death Metal!

Obituary , At the Gates , Carcass and Gorgoroth - These 4 Bands on his own are real oldschool Acts!

And this Year? Jeah we have Amon Amarth....first to say is that they play EVERYWHERE!!!
The riffs are softer than parts of Power Metal Bands , and this shall be Death?!? hahaha compare this to Obituary , Cannibal Corpse or something other...you will see - its Death Metal for the Viking/Pagan Kids , cause of the Lyrics and the softer (but for them harder) riffing.

Napalm Death....In their Oldschool times they was real good Grindcore! Without discussion! But...what do they produce today? It have nothing to do with Grindcore!
Endstille...jeah our music is such annoying that we have to slaughter pigs on our concerts - we are the most blasphemic and frostbitten Band ever!!!
Sarke....a sideproject of Darkthrone...nice....its the 20th Wacken Open Air , and the only thing we need to confirm is a SIDE project?!? I laughed!

The only Band from the Death/Black fraction wich is worth to say its good , is Einherjer. Ok they are Viking Metal too , but i´ve neverd heard of a Pagan/Viking-Kid who listened to them...they are to rought for them.

2008 --->>> Obituary , At the Gates , Carcass , Gorgoroth , Massacre and Grave as great Acts

That's it. Concerning Sarke, how can you make an event with a band who just relesead their debut album?. They are making their fame only on the name of Nocturno Culto, but the thing is that they deserve to play on the WET stage and I'm pretty sure they won't.
The other point is that I'm really pissed with those Pagan/vikings/ holders of plastic swords bands and emo core pussys
It seems like metal changes, and not in the wright way as far as i'm concerned.

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008

Unfortunately I didn't see their show, but it seems like I didn't miss anything. Actually you're right...they played Death Metal. Maybe somehow Melodic Death Metal. But THE precursor of it? No...maybe one of them...

Yep, right man.

Oh my fucking god - shut the fuck up. Amon Amarth is Viking Metal, I also don't really like the last 2 records, but they were good and the stuff before was awesome! They are a traditional Wacken-Band and have the right to play...
You really think those kiddies care about the lyrics? I'd guess they neither understand the sense of them nor the words at all.
Of course they might be softer than Cannibal Corpse, but you cannot compare American Death Metal to Swedish Viking/ Melodic Death Metal. That's like comparing Dragonforce and Saxon.

Sarke....
a sideproject of Darkthrone...nice....its the 20th Wacken Open Air , and the only thing we need to confirm is a SIDE project?!? I laughed!

One can also start arguing about "good" music, but I dislike it either.

But I never heard such a bullshit about Kampfar - a kiddi-band? Never! Especially if you say Einherjer is too rough for kiddies:D Kampfar is much harder. Nervertheless I have never seen ANY kid listening to one of them.

And if you don't like Endstille you should rather not complain - they are the most extreme act on the Billing. And if you're crying for harder stuff you should NEVER complain about them. I'd even guess you don't understand this kind of music...

But with Sarke you're damn right. Darkthrone, the legend would have fittet much better than this project of which I had never heard before. When they were announced there was not even one song of them on youtube:D

Don't be offended...but this is ridiculous.

All in all you're right- 2008 had better and harder acts. Let's hope for some good stuff in the tent.

Stoffel1337

30 Okt. 2007
NRW
And if you don't like Endstille you should rather not complain - they are the most extreme act on the Billing. And if you're crying for harder stuff you should NEVER complain about them. I'd even guess you don't understand this kind of music...

Ok it have much to do with your personal view of this Music - But...please set Endstille in a comparison against e.g. Marduk or 1349.....but ok its a thing of personal viewing.

And to the part that i dont like AmonAmArsch....i´ve saw them live and they were very disapointing (at the Full of Hate in Cologne). In my opinion AA are NOT death Metal , they are viking metal ok - but this ends in a senseless discussion of Genres - Stop here!

In fact of the LineUp and the failed communication , wacken has died for me - Many will like it now , but not me. Hope to see you at better festivals!

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Ok it have much to do with your personal view of this Music - But...please set Endstille in a comparison against e.g. Marduk or 1349.....but ok its a thing of personal viewing.

And to the part that i dont like AmonAmArsch....i´ve saw them live and they were very disapointing (at the Full of Hate in Cologne). In my opinion AA are NOT death Metal , they are viking metal ok - but this ends in a senseless discussion of Genres - Stop here!

In fact of the LineUp and the failed communication , wacken has died for me - Many will like it now , but not me. Hope to see you at better festivals!

I was not trying to compare them to any other stuff - they are just an extreme act. And this is what should not be in a fucking minority on Wacken. It's your part if you like them or not - but at least adding some extreme bands would be the right choice.

I've never seen Amon Amarth really live myself, but I'm looking very forward to it. They don't play Death Metal, that's clearly right, it is in fact Viking Metal - maybe with some other elements. But what you admit is that they have a huge fanbase - also in real metal-community! ;)
I hope there will still be some good stuff for you be added!

Stoffel1337

30 Okt. 2007
NRW
I was not trying to compare them to any other stuff - they are just an extreme act. And this is what should not be in a fucking minority on Wacken. It's your part if you like them or not - but at least adding some extreme bands would be the right choice.

I've never seen Amon Amarth really live myself, but I'm looking very forward to it. They don't play Death Metal, that's clearly right, it is in fact Viking Metal - maybe with some other elements. But what you admit is that they have a huge fanbase - also in real metal-community! ;)
I hope there will still be some good stuff for you be added!

Would be great =P But i lose my hope with any new confirmation : -/