Anti-Cradle of Tits

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

JonB666

13 Apr. 2002
Liverpool,England
Website besuchen
LOL

I see there has been no more replies. That quote says it all. They sound more proud of their T-shirt company and the fact that they appeared in a "style" magazine.

You can't really come back from a comment like that. I would expect most metal fans to be sickened by this.

I feel sorry for Dani.

He used to have a band and now he has a business.

JonB666

13 Apr. 2002
Liverpool,England
Website besuchen
Cradle of Money

Nothing is going to be resolved anyway. They won't get kicked off the bill, unfortunately. I have my opinion, which I believe is right and everyone has their own. I see merchandise around and hear their music and make up my own mind. I believe that they have sold out. The quote from the site confirms it for me. As for the business comment, most bands I know are bands first then a business. the first comment you read on their website is about their t-shirt company.

Money before music?

I'm not going to convert any fans...sorry , consumers, all I can do is give my opinion.

I admit they have a great way of selling their image, but it's because of that I don't respect them.

^witchfinder^

W:O:A Metalhead
well they certainly wont be kicked off the bill just cos you and a few others dont like them

while i respect your opinion ...and i do agree with some of it
i think your comments about kicking them off the bill were un called for

there are/and will be bands on the bill i dont like ...but what gives me the right to say they should be kicked off the bill ? NONE
if i dont like a band i dont buy there cd's and i dont go and watch them ....just like tv if i dont like a program i turn it off ..not complain about it

so can we please STFU about cradle of filth being kicked off the bill
everyone is entitled to think or express opinions on bands they like or dislike but is there any need to go as far as saying a certain band should be kicked off the bill (again with exception of nu metal) :)

JonB666

13 Apr. 2002
Liverpool,England
Website besuchen
I didn't actually say they should be kicked off the bill. I would be happy if they were but I respect people's opinions and I would never say that. Would I construct an intelligent arguement and then say something to contradict it.

"An opinion is like an arse, everyone has one and they're not all nice"

filth

23 Dez. 2002
Dundee, Scotland
www.cradle-of-fear.com
dont worry about it mate just crap humour on my part.

Anyway we know ure not a fan of COF, who is it you wish to see at wacken, im also wanting to see Sentenced, Malevolent Creation, Dark Angel, kataklysm and maybe extreme noise terror.

JonB666

13 Apr. 2002
Liverpool,England
Website besuchen
I'm there to see Iced Earth mainly. I also can't wait to see Nile, Sentenced, Kataklysm, Malevolent Creation, Lordi, Running Wild, Eidolon and of course Diamond Head.

Sorry if it seemed I was having a go but when I say to people I like metal they say bands like CoF, Slipknot, Mudvayne and Korn. And it annoys me.

I tell them I like Nile, Iced Earth, Amon Amarth, Manowar and am greeted with blank faces.

Sorry:)

Yoni

26 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
My opinion....

CoF should not play Wacken, because Wacken is a Metal festival. CoF are not a 'band'...they are a business, and put image before music. There are two reasons why REAL Metal fans find them abhorent.
Wacken sells out every year, so why do they need to put bands like CoF on? Lots of watered down/accessible Metal bands (ie - those on Nuclear Blast, for example) play Wacken every year. I think this line up so far has a bad balance. Fukk, last year I went to Wacken to see Candlemass, Primordial, Sabbat, Metalucifer...That was it, pretty much. Why? Because the line up in general is full of bands that dont appeal to me (Power Metal bands), or bands that are for people who will listen to them for a few years, and jump on the next trend...whether it be Salsa or Rap.
I'm sure lots of people are with me here....MORE REAL BLACK METAL ON THE LINE UP! For example, Watain, Bestial Mockery, Gospel of the Horns, Nifelheim, Morrigan.....

FUCK CoF

filth

23 Dez. 2002
Dundee, Scotland
www.cradle-of-fear.com
Originally posted by Yoni
My opinion....

CoF should not play Wacken, because Wacken is a Metal festival. CoF are not a 'band'...they are a business, and put image before music. There are two reasons why REAL Metal fans find them abhorent.
Wacken sells out every year, so why do they need to put bands like CoF on? Lots of watered down/accessible Metal bands (ie - those on Nuclear Blast, for example) play Wacken every year. I think this line up so far has a bad balance. Fukk, last year I went to Wacken to see Candlemass, Primordial, Sabbat, Metalucifer...That was it, pretty much. Why? Because the line up in general is full of bands that dont appeal to me (Power Metal bands), or bands that are for people who will listen to them for a few years, and jump on the next trend...whether it be Salsa or Rap.
I'm sure lots of people are with me here....MORE REAL BLACK METAL ON THE LINE UP! For example, Watain, Bestial Mockery, Gospel of the Horns, Nifelheim, Morrigan.....

FUCK CoF

Ive been into metal for about 12 years (im 23) and 6 of those years I have been a Cradle Of Filth fan, what bandwagon do you think im gonna jump on then ???

JonB666

13 Apr. 2002
Liverpool,England
Website besuchen
I don't like them or respect them but people have the right to listen to what they want. Where this not so, we would ALL be listening to Kylie Minogue or rap.

So they are Commercial black metal. So the music ain't that good, so they sell more t-shirts than records. So they played Ozz-fest alongside slipknot and linkin park.

If someone was saying "Iced Earth are shit" then I know I would argue my point as much as these people are argueing for CoF.

I don't understand why people like them, but I respect people enough to not be offensive.

I'll just voice my opinions at the festival, and NO-ONE can tell me to shut up, Fascism died long ago.

SWAMPIG

14 Dez. 2002
Blackburn UK
www.geocities.com
to be an artist you need to provoke a reaction if your art provokes no reaction then you fail as an artist Cradle of Filth ARE good artistes they sound good look good and provoke feeling wether good or bad. Its art you all have an opinion you therefore have intelligence be sorry for those opinionless people!!