• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Morphinechild78

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Nov. 2009
ON THE EDGE OF INSANITY

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
i grew up listening to Sabbath, Deep purple & Rainbow .. but Savatage was the first Metal band that i really got into and made me want to listen to more Metal ..

It was the same for me, but add Aerosmith and Ted Nugent, then I heard Judas Priest and that was a WOW! experience. Led Zeppelin and Sabbath did that for me as well, but when I heard priest it was like WOW!. Sabbath Zeppelin and Priest changed my life and to a slightly lesser effect Deep Purple.

Morphinechild78

2 Nov. 2009
ON THE EDGE OF INSANITY
I've had number one bands in the past, but most of those have changed their style to a sound I don't care for as much so they've fallen from my number one spot.

yeah i know what u mean .. just like Metallica and some other bands ...
i would have loved if Savatage would still continue making new albums .. but maybe stopping while they are still good is better than making bad albums ...

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
yeah i know what u mean .. just like Metallica and some other bands ...
i would have loved if Savatage would still continue making new albums .. but maybe stopping while they are still good is better than making bad albums ...

Yeah I think you're right about that as afar as Savatage are concerned. And yep, Metallica were one of those bands I considered a fave of mine. Then after And justice For All they went down hill. Maiden is a band that were brilliant, then had a slump with several weak albums, then came back strong again. The same for Saxon. So it is possible for a band to turn it around.

Morphinechild78

2 Nov. 2009
ON THE EDGE OF INSANITY
It was the same for me, but add Aerosmith and Ted Nugent, then I heard Judas Priest and that was a WOW! experience. Led Zeppelin and Sabbath did that for me as well, but when I heard priest it was like WOW!. Sabbath Zeppelin and Priest changed my life and to a slightly lesser effect Deep Purple.

after Savatage i was hooked on Metal .. and just wanted more, thats when i started going back to the basics and listening to Sabbath more and from their moved to Deep Purple, Judas Priest and also Zeppelin ..
listening to all of these great bands was a wow moment to me ...

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
Queensryche is another, though they've never reached the brilliance of Mindcrime again, and doubtfully ever will. But at least they improved after a few weak albums.

Morphinechild78

2 Nov. 2009
ON THE EDGE OF INSANITY
Yeah I think you're right about that as afar as Savatage are concerned. And yep, Metallica were one of those bands I considered a fave of mine. Then after And justice For All they went down hill. Maiden is a band that were brilliant, then had a slump with several weak albums, then came back strong again. The same for Saxon. So it is possible for a band to turn it around.

hope the guys in Metallica start getting their act together and go back to how they were .. think there is still hope for them

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
after Savatage i was hooked on Metal .. and just wanted more, thats when i started going back to the basics and listening to Sabbath more and from their moved to Deep Purple, Judas Priest and also Zeppelin ..
listening to all of these great bands was a wow moment to me ...

That's Very cool! My first exposure to this music was Led Zeppelin when i was 9 or 10 years old. My then teenaged brother was into them and played their records. When I heard "Heartbreaker" and 'Whole Lotta Love" I was hearing music that changed my life forever. I just loved those songs. Then about a year later I heard Black Sabbath Iron Man at a friend's house and it was like HOLY SHIT play that again, and again! From then on I was never to be the same again. A high school friend of mine who was from texas lent me his Judas Priest Sad Wings of Destiny album and that was it, the final piece of the puzzle was in place and I was a metal crazed person from then on!

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
hope the guys in Metallica start getting their act together and go back to how they were .. think there is still hope for them

Yeah who knows. it is possible. The thing is they first have to really want to make music like that again. They have to feel it again, get the passion for REAL metal again. Can or will they ever do that? That remains the big question. I'd rather they play what they really feel than try to make the album they think we all want if it's not what they like. If it's forced or not truly what they want to do, it will show and the album wont be good, IMO.

Morphinechild78

2 Nov. 2009
ON THE EDGE OF INSANITY
That's Very cool! My first exposure to this music was Led Zeppelin when i was 9 or 10 years old. My then teenaged brother was into them and played their records. When I heard "Heartbreaker" and 'Whole Lotta Love" I was hearing music that changed my life forever. I just loved those songs. Then about a year later I heard Black Sabbath Iron Man at a friend's house and it was like HOLY SHIT play that again, and again! From then on I was never to be the same again. A high school friend of mine who was from texas lent me his Judas Priest Sad Wings of Destiny album and that was it, the final piece of the puzzle was in place and I was a metal crazed person from then on!

:D its like there was something missing and Metal music filled that space and it became a big part of who i am and the way i think and act .. can never go back to the way i was before metal .. not that i want to anyways :)

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
:D its like there was something missing and Metal music filled that space and it became a big part of who i am and the way i think and act .. can never go back to the way i was before metal .. not that i want to anyways :)

I fell the same way. Though i respect others choices and taste, I feel like everyone else (no metal fans) are really missing on something great. And the sad part is to everyone else, we're the strange ones, the people who like something odd.