• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
guess it'll be awhile until I have a chance to meet you, then :[
I dunno what Wacken will be like by then... from what I've heard, it's been going downhill. sooo hopefully it'll still be worth going to by then.

That's true, too bad we could not meat this year. I hope that Wacken will be as fun as it was for me in 2003. The crowd was about 40K then, much nicer. And the billing was fantastic that year. I like about 25 of the bands this year, so I will have no problem seeing bands that I like almost all the way through without a break.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Yep money always is the THE issue. But with a year to plan now, that is sufficient time to save. At your age with no husband, kids, house etc. It's the perfect time to take a long European trek! I wish I could do that.

yep, that's my main advantage... that, and no bills, either. :D
only problem I can see is that it'll be right before starting college... I'd bet my parents would want me saving for that. :rolleyes:

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
That's true, too bad we could not meat this year. I hope that Wacken will be as fun as it was for me in 2003. The crowd was about 40K then, much nicer. And the billing was fantastic that year. I like about 25 of the bands this year, so I will have no problem seeing bands that I like almost all the way through without a break.

yea, I liked a lot of this year's bands as well, but there were a lot of bad ones as well *ahem*metalcore*ahem* :D

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
:D:D:D
I can imagine.
plus, it'll be cool when he gets back...
"hey, why weren't you here the first few days of school?"
"I was at Wacken."
most metal excuse EVER :D

Oh yes! :D Though he will have a bunch of work to catch up on. He told my brother in law that he will do it, gave his word he would make it all up. I hope the festival lives up to his expectations. I am the one who got him interested in going in the first place. SO I'm the one to blame. :cool:

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Oh yes! :D Though he will have a bunch of work to catch up on. He told my brother in law that he will do it, gave his word he would make it all up. I hope the festival lives up to his expectations. I am the one who got him interested in going in the first place. SO I'm the one to blame. :cool:

well Wacken is supposedly THE metal party of the world... I doubt he'll be disappointed. :D

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
yep, that's my main advantage... that, and no bills, either. :D
only problem I can see is that it'll be right before starting college... I'd bet my parents would want me saving for that. :rolleyes:

Well true,they would. But just make it a "once in a life time" adventure before buckling down for 4 or more years of serious college studies. And you can and would take in some great sites and gain a great worldly experience. Sell them on the European tour side of it, not so much the "Metal" part of it. I am speaking as what a parent would want to hear that is. Sell them on the educational value.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

808Metal

30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
It was so cool of Sipy to offer to lend you the money to help you get there this year. She was very generous to do that as you know. What a cool person. And of coure Quark also, he really was doing what he could to help you out. Good people both of them.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Well true,they would. But just make it a "once in a life time" adventure before buckling down for 4 or more years of serious college studies. And you can and would take in some great sites and gain a great worldly experience. Sell them on the European tour side of it, not so much the "Metal" part of it. I am speaking as wahat a parent would want to hear that is. Sell them on the educational value.

true, I would think so.
there's some countries I really want to visit, just because, which wouldn't have anything to do with metal...
Spain, just because I took three years of Spanish, and that would be kind of cool
France, for Paris, etc :D
Italy, since I hear it's beautiful, and also I have a friend who got some really neat stuff shopping there.
Finland and Norway, more of just because :D
etc. :p