Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Guallamalla

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Aug. 2008
Cheydinhal

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
This latest interview, where one of the organizers says they are in talks with Manowar, Saxon and Metallica, is quite confusing.

First of all, some time ago they said they had it all arranged, the line-up complete and everything taken care of. Now they say they are still in negotiations?!

Second, booking Metallica with only a 5 month anticipation? Something is definitely not right. Who would in their perfect mind try to book one of the world's most requested bands with only 5 months?! Unless they have it all arranged, i somehow can't see Metallica playing or booking 3 shows in a row (30,31 and 1)...

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
This latest interview, where one of the organizers says they are in talks with Manowar, Saxon and Metallica, is quite confusing.

First of all, some time ago they said they had it all arranged, the line-up complete and everything taken care of. Now they say they are still in negotiations?!

Second, booking Metallica with only a 5 month anticipation? Something is definitely not right. Who would in their perfect mind try to book one of the world's most requested bands with only 5 months?! Unless they have it all arranged, i somehow can't see Metallica playing or booking 3 shows in a row (30,31 and 1)...

I wouldn't say that they could have problems with playing 3 shows in a row. Metallica is, as you correctly say, one of the most requested bands in the world and they are probably as professional as nobody else. They could take this for sure ;)

But the other points, that you mentioned are totally correct. How can they tell to be ready and don't even know the Top-Act 7 Months later? How can they do that? The hardest thing is in my opinion to say "Well....we've been talking to Metallica some days now and we'll try to get them for 2009. If we can't, well do so for 2010. But we're not even sure if we can get them for any show. But Manowar could be! Or we'll try to commercialize it and geht Slipknot...."

I would really like to know what the status-quo is. Many bands announce to be in negotiations, and very few bands are announced to play.

The only thing I can certainly say is: This sucks ass.

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
"Well....we've been talking to Metallica some days now and we'll try to get them for 2009. If we can't, well do so for 2010. But we're not even sure if we can get them for any show. But Manowar could be! Or we'll try to commercialize it and geht Slipknot...."

If that's the correct translation for it (I read it in Blabbermouth, probably translated in google or something), then i guess the negotiations with Metallica failed.

Why? Because the European tour was finished some time ago and then, in the last days of February, an Irish date comes out of nowhere. They only announced the date (August 1st) on that time, not even the venue, the support bands or tickets. And later the venue even changed...

So I guess they were in talks and Metallica were slated to play August 1st (?).

About the rest, why are they teasing with bands like Slipknot if they don't need to sell more tickets? And Manowar...that's a direct attack to Hellfest saying "we have them too". Oh well, Wacken is already sold out, there's no need for games... :mad:

Chaosweaver

26 Aug. 2007
SB
About the rest, why are they teasing with bands like Slipknot if they don't need to sell more tickets? And Manowar...that's a direct attack to Hellfest saying "we have them too". Oh well, Wacken is already sold out, there's no need for games... :mad:

Well, I think there's alreadya more people in wacken who would like to see Slipknot than you and I would think.. I don't mean that in a negative way, I think there's many metalheads who started out with bands like Slipknot and still like them. Still I'd prefer not to see them at Wacken..

And Manowar are playing Metalway too, they're not only playing Hellfest. So why not?