Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Summoned

14 Nov. 2008
POLAND
www.myspace.com
there are only few people who has complains. most fans will not sell the tickets.

btw. tickets are sold, so who cares? a person who paid 130 euros for entrance will go to wacken nobody want to loose money.

so i will not expect any big band. maybe a few

Skeksis

11 Feb. 2009
I don't get most of the complaints about this years line-up. Sure there are alot of shit bands and at the moment the line up is pretty mediocre, but there are more bands to be announced and there also are good bands.

Amon Amarth
Borknagar
Einherjer
Heaven And Hell
Kampfar
Korpiklaani
Motörhead
Nevermore
Sarke
Testament
Tracedawn
Turisas
Whiplash

Seriously, that's not bad. I hate bfmv, dragonforce, volbeat and alot of other bands that are officially and inofficially confirmed, but I expect there also will come more good bands. So I doubt it's really going to be that bad overall.

MetalHeinz

24 März 2009
Aachen
We are group of approximately 50 people, huge Wacken fans. I'm personally a Wacken resident since 2002. But this year something happened to the organization of the fest. It's freaking 20th anniversary and yet I see almost no major acts, very few interesting bands!
It's like "we already sold out, so we can bring any crappy bands we want - they'll buy it" attitude. People are already willing to sell their Wacken tickets on the web in order to go to another festivals: Metal camp, Summer breeze, Hellfest. What is wrong with you, people? Are you trying intentionally to get rid of the fans and kill this legend called Wacken?
Think fast because you have bunch of pissed off customers over here.
/signed by every word

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
Another metal fan really disappointed by this year's line-up.

Of course I know :
- the line-up is not complete, 30+ bands are missing
- bmfv and a few other catastrophic acts won't ruin the fest, that's free time to get beers, etc...
- we already have a few great bands like Napalm Death, Motorhead, Testament.
- bla bla bla

That being said, I totally agree with those saying that the fest is going to suck this year. Look at other fests (Hellfest, ... even Graspop rocks more than WOA) ! And this is a fuckin 20 years anniversary !

But my main concern is the lack of communication from the staff : I imagine they are very busy trying to confirm the last bands (Manowar... haha... hmmm... Saxon... oh my god... please, no...), but couldn't they say a word or two about the date of the final line-up announcement ?

What the hell is going on ? I mean Hell is exactly what should be going on this summer. But for now, I don't see that happening...

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Yeah! Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Korn... :p Of course there's a lot of good bands, as always, but they're playing the minor slots.

The thing is people from UK for instance come to W:O:A to see true metal and black metal as the stage names suggest! Now if I wanna see slipknot/metallica/marlyin Manson etc i'l stay in UK where they play Download festival regularly I think metallica headlined it 3times already in 9years! an slipknot have played 3-4 Download Fests I think? It has ruined my faith in W:O:A this year. I am really hoping they're not gonna sell out an turn it into just "ANOTHER MAINSTREAM METAL FESTIVAL" I understand they have to make a profit etc but they can sell wacken out ....could sell wacken out based on reputation in the past now they're dangerously close to loosing this. Like Download in the UK for several years it sold out before full line up was announced but the last years it hasn't infact last year less than 75% of tickets where sold an they where giving away free weekend camping tickets to everyone at the door! *I know cos me an my entire camping party where given them!*

Sure the line up has many good bands in it so far:
Amon Amarth
Borknagar
Einherjer
Heaven And Hell
In Flames
Kampfar
Korpiklaani
Lacuna Coil
Motörhead
Machine Head
Nevermore
Tracedawn
Turisas

But why not have the bands people are requesting most in the band requests section??????

Wintersun/Norther/Finntroll/Ensiferum (dont care that they played last year they owned!)
Immortal - over 6000votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blind Guardian
Equilibrium (dont even know who they are but clearly people want them!?!)
Eluveitie

I jus dont get it..... lastly W:O:A slogon "Faster Harder Louder" erm..... so far Download in UK has W:O:A beat there... now i'm not goin Download cos I know it will suck unless maiden play it lol an I dont wanna see slipknot headline or Def Leppard... I want the W:O:A bands listed above.... but my point is the legendary cult metal festival that is Wacken is being beaten at its own slogon by a mainstream metal fest with a penchant for emo music...... please lets hope that they turn it around and make it the best 20th anniversary they can! :) an with anyluck it will sell out for them again early and they can book many more good bands for 2010!!!

Ok to sum up my little rant, I'm not saying wacken is gonna be bad, it wont be bad, it will be great just if they wanna avoid all these complaints and the people who've been going for several years or more keep coming, they need to look at what has been working for them for the last 20years! Wacken has its legendary international status because of its underground and diverse line ups, if it becomes just like hellfest or download UK or Download USA or something then it will quickly loose this reputation, people are fickle! and allegiances change the organisers can't rely on people going / buying tickets "just because its wacken" like many do their patience will only last so long!

Stil either way for now I am stil l looking forward to seeing all the bands I mentioned and drinking nice german beer in the sun with my friends! :D

Chaosweaver

26 Aug. 2007
SB
I understand your point, but I meant Grapop with my last post.. I think it's pretty much the same as Download and those other, newer Fests in Europe.

Parkground Dancer

2 März 2009
Vosswinkel
Yanos 666really brought it to the point.
As I said I still have hope(I know it sounds stupid:D)

I think now we´re all complaining,but when we sit at the camping ground drinking Beer with Friends and so on,we won´t give a fuck about the line-up anymore.

The bands I really wanna see are :Volbeat,MH,WOJ,Amon,Korpiklaani,Turisas,IF,KoS and Testament

hope for The Black Dahlia Murder to be confirmed and the always brutal Corpse

Metal-Thor

6 März 2009
Valhalla, Iceland
Wacken has its legendary international status because of its underground and diverse line ups, if it becomes just like hellfest or download UK or Download USA or something then it will quickly loose this reputation,

I would actually put Hellfest pretty much in the same category as Wacken, as Hellfest is booking a lot of the more exciting underground bands, and even though they have some of the bigger mainstream acts as well, you can't take the other thing away from them. Download on the other hand is a much bigger trend-ridden festival.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
I would actually put Hellfest pretty much in the same category as Wacken, as Hellfest is booking a lot of the more exciting underground bands, and even though they have some of the bigger mainstream acts as well, you can't take the other thing away from them. Download on the other hand is a much bigger trend-ridden festival.

Definitely see your point there, though Hellfest I've heard (i haven't been so I can't say this with any authority) has problems with bad sound etc like many festivals. Wacken however always has crystal clear sound (well mostly). Hellfest I will admit the line up looks pretty intense, but looking back over past wacken line ups i'm sure it can be beaten.

Download is certainly totally trend-driven an finally in the last years its come back and bit them in the ass! that and the riots that have occurred there before in 2006 it was pretty bad with wrecked camp sites massive fires and riot police using gas and sticks to sort out mobs of rampaging idiots, for me that ruined Download I go to a festival to chill out see good bands an have a lot of beer with my friends and Wacken is just the best place for this! I dont wanna be running from people vbeating people up an burnign things or running from the police who think cos i'm there I must be involved! Y'know in 2006 allegedly 3girls where raped during the riots! it was that bad! totally disguting!

Wacken is much more a clean and friendly festival. I have made new friends each time i have gone and kept in touch with them over the net, it is where the true metal people who embrace the culture do tend to go, its just a shame that the faith of regular attendee's is being tested at the moment, but admit it all of us going are gonna love it!!!

In Flames/Amon Amarth/Epica/Gwar/Machine Head/ Motorhead whoever you like, if your watching them with 30-50 thousand metal fans cheering them on, your mates with you and a 24/7 party atsmosphere in sunny germany with as much Beck's as you can drink! mead on tap and no one but metalheads all around you..... how can you not love it! ;)

Wacken I think with its history an the fans that go is about being a metalhead and the atsmosphere there always brings that out in the people... well so far it does, hopefully it will continue too :D

Jordan

25 März 2009
Right right, maybe I shouldn't say the fest is going to suck this year, that's probably excessive.

But I really fear it's not going to be as good as it could be for a 20 years anniversary. It has a strong organisation (that younger fest like hellfest don't have yet), good bands announced, etc..

But this is WOA's 20 anniversary : we can't just have a "good" fest or a "decent" one. We need absolute craziness, hell on earth, a fest that will be remembered for ages.

To achieve that, it really misses a few major acts (no, Manowar is by no way a major act), and moreover, it misses communication from the staff.

Anyway, we all know this thread is just a way to kill time, waiting for the announcement that will relieve us all... (or maybe not)