Who's going to WACKEN 2010 from Canada or the US?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
I'm from Winnipeg , Canada and this will be my first time at Wacken. First time in Europe too. I've been watching a bunch of fan filmed Youtube vids of the festival and I can't imagine how awesome it's going to be. Looking forward to meeting a ton of fellow Metalheads!

Athena

4 Jan. 2010
USA
Congrats to the last two posters who decided to go to Wacken for the first time this summer. A friend and I went to Wacken 2009 (on the recommendation from another metalhead who said "YOU MUST GO!" ;-) What can I say...it was one of the best experiences/trips ever! As soon as I could, I bought a ticket for Wacken 2010....the line-up is awesome, isn't it? As I've told people though, the experience is so much more than just the music - it is truly amazing....a metal marathon so to speak. All the people we met were so great - I speak some German but really didn't need to use it since virtually everyone we met spoke excellent English. I was actually surprised there weren't more Americans there. There were a few at our hotel and we met some guys from Minnesota and that was about it! Whenever I meet new people at metal shows here (Chicago), I try to convince them to go to Wacken since it is so fantastic. Most people seem to know about it, but think it will be too expensive, etc. My friend and I did spend a fair amount of money on the trip, but it was DEFINITELY worth every penny. We also stayed in a hotel near Wacken which was expensive, but we weren't into the camping idea.

If you can, definitely try to combine Wacken with other travel before or after. My friend and I went to Sweden afterward last summer and this summer will go to Norway the week before Wacken.

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
but it was DEFINITELY worth every penny. We also stayed in a hotel near Wacken which was expensive, but we weren't into the camping idea.

what fun is it without the whole camping experience?? i cant imagine having left the fest to go back to a hotel every night.

to anyone going for the first time: DO NOT STAY IN A HOTEL. get dirty, drunk and stay in a tent like everyone else.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
what fun is it without the whole camping experience?? i cant imagine having left the fest to go back to a hotel every night.

to anyone going for the first time: DO NOT STAY IN A HOTEL. get dirty, drunk and stay in a tent like everyone else.

Seriously. Every year people ask about hotels. But really, the festival itself is only half the experience. Honestly, I've had more fun in the camping grounds then I've ever had in the actual festival areas.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts

I think I had more fun at the campground than I did watching the bands. I don't think I could be paid to stay in a hotel.

Athena

4 Jan. 2010
USA

lol - well, I guess I'm a wuss for not wanting to camp, but to be honest, I never liked camping ;-) Also, I am female and so is the friend I went with last year, and we just thought it would be easier to stay in a hotel. We did check out the campgrounds just to see what it was like, and for the people that were into that, it seemed great and a lot of fun. My big question to the campers is this - how do you get any sleep? It seems like it would be hard between the noise, sleeping in a tent (yeah I know, I'm a wimp who prefers a bed ;-) and the cold (I was surprised how cold it got at night).

The one change I'm making this summer is staying in Itzehoe rather than Bad Bramstedt, since Itzehoe is closer and there are more transfer options (we took a transfer bus to and from Wacken and the hotel in BB via Metal Travel -there was just one time leaving (around noon so we missed the first couple of bands) and then coming back (around 3:30 am). If you wanted to take a cab, it was really expensive. I understand there are more transfer options available from Itzehoe, plus a cab ride is cheaper.

Anyway, to each his/her own regarding the camping vs. hotel - whatever you feel more comfortable with is the way to go...