Who's going to WACKEN 2010 from Canada or the US?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
We drove last year, and it really is a nightmare leaving...took us 7 hours to clear Germany and we were driving all the way back to Greece! Flying this year!

In 2006, I went by car with my wife. (she drove)
It took us 4hrs to get from Wacken to Münster, and that was all the way at nornmal speed till Hamburg.
Like I said, if you leave before 8am, there shouldn't be a problem. (but I have to admit, this was 3 yrs ago)

In 2007 we took the bus at around 7am. No probs either getting onto it.
Same in 2008.

And this year the taxi drove us smoothly to Itzehoe station. €30 for a single trip. (in my opinion it was acceptable)

But it also took me 8hrs to get from Wacken to Cologne in 2005 or 06. Missed the last train to Eindhoven, and had to make a detour via Liège (and have me picked up there)

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
We drove last year, and it really is a nightmare leaving...took us 7 hours to clear Germany and we were driving all the way back to Greece! Flying this year!

we probably passed each other several hundred times on the way out! :p

even flying, you still have to make it to the airport.

the thought of having to get up by 7 am sucks especially on the last night when im just starting to crash by 6 am. i seriously had no idea it would be that bad leaving. grrrr

do you mean helfest open air, or headbangers open air?

so far headbangers.. hellfest (in france ?)is too early in the year. i couldnt make both.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
did i tell you all that i saw there were plenty of tickets being sold by people right outside of wacken for as low at 25 dollars during wacken? by several diff people. there seems to be plenty of spare tickets for sale somehow there. not just that but last minute theres people selling seemingly a large amount of tickets on ebay for around 50-80 $. (still much cheaper than the original price). im not worried about not having a ticket incase i do decide to go in the end. i dont think the line-up this year is really anything better than last year at this point, (i guess theyre still adding though).
anyway i dont know about HOA cause i havent been there to see how it "operates" in comparison but i think theres always tickets floating around. in worse case scenario you may have to pay MORE if theyre limited but they ARE around. every fest ive been to thus far, ive been offered to buy a ticket by someone and usually at a lower price. if you really want it you can find it.