• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
by the time we can go out as we could before we might have some new high speed train links in europe :ugly:
Well, speaking of which, the new ICNG has arrived in NL! And part of it, has to go to Belgium as well! (3 current trains, 1,500V=, 3,000V= and 25kV~!
They should ride 200km/h within NL! (which is fast enough for us, as it's a relatively small country)

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Well, speaking of which, the new ICNG has arrived in NL! And part of it, has to go to Belgium as well! (3 current trains, 1,500V=, 3,000V= and 25kV~!
They should ride 200km/h within NL! (which is fast enough for us, as it's a relatively small country)

200km/h is fine if you have to stop every 5 to 10 minutes.
But a train from amsterdam to brussels that only stops in rotterdam and antwerp could go at higher speeds.
The shinkansen trains that you can take with the japan rail pas stops about every 10 minutes and go at speeds of around 300km/h.

I guess my trips to Japan are turning me into a train geeks too :ugly:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
200km/h is fine if you have to stop every 5 to 10 minutes.
But a train from amsterdam to brussels that only stops in rotterdam and antwerp could go at higher speeds.
The shinkansen trains that you can take with the japan rail pas stops about every 10 minutes and go at speeds of around 300km/h.

I guess my trips to Japan are turning me into a train geeks too :ugly:
The problem isn't speed, the problem is distance between two cities! (Stops)
It's not useful to go 300km/h if in 5 minutes you have to make a full stop again! Hence the 80km/h between Amsterdam and Schiphol Airport. And between Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam, the 300km/h is rarely used! It takes the train too much time to get that speed, and to break in order to stop again. One of the reasons why Eurostar trains do not stop in Antwerp C. Just Brussels Midi/South, Rotterdam C. and Amsterdam C. (Much to the dislike of the mayor of Antwerp)

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
The problem isn't speed, the problem is distance between two cities! (Stops)
It's not useful to go 300km/h if in 5 minutes you have to make a full stop again! Hence the 80km/h between Amsterdam and Schiphol Airport. And between Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam, the 300km/h is rarely used! It takes the train too much time to get that speed, and to break in order to stop again. One of the reasons why Eurostar trains do not stop in Antwerp C. Just Brussels Midi/South, Rotterdam C. and Amsterdam C. (Much to the dislike of the mayor of Antwerp)

The shinkansen between tokyo and nagoya stops 12 times between within just under 2 hours. the distance is about 400km. But in between stops it goes up to 300km/h.
I don't see why we wouldn't be able to do the same if we have would have the right materials.

*disclaimer, not all shinkansen make that many stops, but the ones that do also travel at 300km/h

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
The shinkansen between tokyo and nagoya stops 12 times between within just under 2 hours. the distance is about 400km. But in between stops it goes up to 300km/h.
I don't see why we wouldn't be able to do the same if we have would have the right materials.

*disclaimer, not all shinkansen make that many stops, but the ones that do also travel at 300km/h
Don't hold me too much on the technics, but one reason is the curves in the track. Now, I do not know how that works in Japan, but in NL, the curves are rather present. (starting at Hoofddorp opstal until Rotterdam N/W) and then there's a lot of curves near the border, where the train has to slow down. (no tilting trains in NL, I do not know about the (French) TGV/Thalys and Eurostar). In Antwerp Luchtbal until Brussels South, it's conventional track. (3,000V=), after Brussels South, it's a straight line to France, with a small Y just after the border (one part direction Paris, the other part direction Lille Europe/UK)

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Don't hold me too much on the technics, but one reason is the curves in the track. Now, I do not know how that works in Japan, but in NL, the curves are rather present. (starting at Hoofddorp opstal until Rotterdam N/W) and then there's a lot of curves near the border, where the train has to slow down. (no tilting trains in NL, I do not know about the (French) TGV/Thalys and Eurostar). In Antwerp Luchtbal until Brussels South, it's conventional track. (3,000V=), after Brussels South, it's a straight line to France, with a small Y just after the border (one part direction Paris, the other part direction Lille Europe/UK)

that would actually make sense.
In japan I sometimes look at my phone for a while and then when I'm looking outside the world is on a weird edge.
turns out the train entered one of the edged curves while going 300km/h. you don't notice it unless you look outside :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
that would actually make sense.
In japan I sometimes look at my phone for a while and then when I'm looking outside the world is on a weird edge.
turns out the train entered one of the edged curves while going 300km/h. you don't notice it unless you look outside :D
And with "our" classic trains, there's no tilting. The SBB CFF FFS and FS (resp. Swiss and Italian national railways) have tilting cars and/or trains.
And LGV in France are relatively straight lined. I've seen it when I went from Lille to Nantes.