• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Where have you been?

At home :p There's a lot going on and a lot to think about but I don't want to. I did/have been spending a considerable amount of time trying to learn foreign languages all at once (Italian, German, Welsh and Swedish) so that's taken time away from the forum. That got a bit much so I decided to drop Welsh.

Reaktionen: perfectmansions

perfectmansions

28 Okt. 2014
Staffordshire, England
At home :p There's a lot going on and a lot to think about but I don't want to. I did/have been spending a considerable amount of time trying to learn foreign languages all at once (Italian, German, Welsh and Swedish) so that's taken time away from the forum. That got a bit much so I decided to drop Welsh.

Welsh is a pretty hard language to learn! I was born there :D

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

I'm spending a lot of time on japanese, so I know how it feels.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Welsh is a pretty hard language to learn! I was born there :D
I like the fact that the written language is almost completely phonetic, and there are loads of borrowed nouns. Other than that, my brain hurts a lot when I try to learn it. My favourite phrase so far is "dw i wedi blino" which is true just a little too often. :p

Reaktionen: perfectmansions

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
It's pretty common to learn an Asian language in Australian schools. However, most kids don't learn it long enough to retain it.

I guess it's common because your trade partners are mostly asian right?
Over here we learn english german and french.
And yeah I only really mastered English and Dutch because I don't/didn't use the other languages enough in real life.

smf4ever

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
and.... much to our embarrassment.. here in the US.. we learn English (depending on where.. poorly)... and that is it.. always some options for barely conversational additional language (like Spanish, French or German), which most forget all of within 3 years of being out of school.

'Merica!!!!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I guess it's common because your trade partners are mostly asian right?
Over here we learn english german and french.
And yeah I only really mastered English and Dutch because I don't/didn't use the other languages enough in real life.
Same here of course, but I managed to use all 4 of them, though not always on a daily basis. But it sometimes makes it easier to communicate, though not always! I still have some barriers to French. Mainly of my view of Belgium. I am a unitary Belgian.