THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

DaveAus

W:O:A Metalhead
3 März 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks guys. This thread has been awesome. See ya for my first Wacken 2008. Cheers Zombie, Quark, Agresionispower, Carpathian, Gnoff and others. See ya at the bar. You've been a great help. If there's any changes from Hamburg to Wacken please let us know.
Cheers
You've all been a great help.
Dave

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Thanks guys. This thread has been awesome. See ya for my first Wacken 2008. Cheers Zombie, Quark, Agresionispower, Carpathian, Gnoff and others. See ya at the bar. You've been a great help. If there's any changes from Hamburg to Wacken please let us know.
Cheers
Dave

You'll have to swing by Göteborg, Sweden, since I'm not going to WOA this year ;)

But I'll buy ya a beer if you turn up here ;)

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Cheers
Dave

I'll be there,too.This'll be my 3rd Wacken.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Cheers
Dave

I'll charge you a beer!

BTW, be aware (if you go to Altona) that simetimes it is a regional train from DB and sometimes from "Nord-Ost-See-Bahn". (North-East-Sea-Railways)
Both run to Itzehoe, and both are accessable with the same trainticket you buy.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I decided to fly into Dusseldorf which is nonstop from Atlanta and spend a day there and tuesday head up to Hamburg by train.

A small tip: If you know when you'll return (to Düsseldorf) try to book your train ride as soon as possible!!! Preferably 89 days before your return date (the max. time limit)
www.bahn.de (on the right top, you'll see a German flag, change the language thre.)

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
Do train tickets sell out or is it cheaper? Wasn't really focusing on buying train tickets until I arrived or when it gets closer to the trip.

rehakles0407

2 Aug. 2007
Oh yeah... check this AWESOME sticky out!! BABY!!!

Also please inform me of any mistakes and I will correct them. also, I tend to write in a rather longwinded way. Please tell me if it's not clear enough.

Important Links are below.

From the airport Lübeck - Hamburg City:
Thanks to Carpathian Wolf for extra info!

For passengers of Ryanair an airport bus will take you from Lübeck Airport to Hamburg ZOB (large busstation located right next to the Main Trainstation, you can't miss it) This bus will be there specifically timed to your arrival. Try not to miss it. The journey lasts 1:15h and costs 8.00 euros.

IMPORTANT: As Carpathian Wolf can tell you, on both arrival and departure it is important to get to the RyanAir buses EARLY. You DO NOT want to miss them as they do not run often.

If you are not going to take the Ryanair bus to Hamburg, then you will need to get a bus (the no.6) to the railway station. It lasts about 30min. Then the train station is about two minutes away (there should be signs pointing to where it is). Then take a train from Lubeck to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof which is the main station in Hamburg. Should be about under 10 euros if Carpathian Wolf remembers correctly. ;)

Hi, this is an offer for all groups the arrived in Lübeck-Blankensee with Ryanair.

If you take the way with bus-train-bus you need 6 hours and all costs additional are the same as you take a minibus (up to 8 people) from lübeck-blankensee to wacken direct. Time for this ride is 1.45 h

For prices and reservations (possible in both direction) call +491772786571 or send email to andreashagenow@gmx.de

Good festival 2008!!

nas110

22 Apr. 2008
Okay, so I have figured out how to get there, now what about the way back? Is there any way I can get to Hamburg on a bus or something directly after the fest? I was considering leaving maybe a little early but I don't want to miss At the Gates or Carcass...