Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MartinAU

1 Apr. 2009
I'm sure you will get a great show mate and it will deffo be worth it in the end :cool:

i've gone over from the UK a few times an i'm yet to regret it once. They can't pleasse everyone an they do the best they can, the line up is pretty good though so far, an 30+ more bands to come I'm sure it'l be something special ;)

No doubt it will be insane weekend, a handful of the bands in the line up so far have toured Australia within the last year or so and have been amazing.

I'm doing the trip solo, so anybody who is keen for beers meet me at the bar.

Jordan

W:O:A Metalhead
25 März 2009
To get drunk ? That depends.
If I have better things to do (like watching a good band), yes, I need a good reason...

WOA ticket : 130€
Bus trip to Germany : 140€
Getting bored three days in a row because of this uninteresting line-up : priceless...

Hail & Grill

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Aug. 2008
Metallien/Provinz Power
"Drunk" is a word that covers a variety of statuses you enter when drinking alcohol. At Festivals im trying to keep my blood-alcohol at a certain level. Stimulated, but still selfaware(at least till the last band I want to see).

So I´m alyways under the influence of ethanols at festivals.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
MArtin AU, i'm sure even going solo you will leave with a bunch of new friends! seems to have been the way every year for me. tho I've always gone with my gf anyways. Propping up a table in the beer garden between bands you wanna see is always a good idea, they had a Bavarian dark beer there an it is gorgeous!!! no idea what it was called but I went back for seconds and thirds several times ;)

As for needing a reason to get drunk....

You're in Germany, at a metal festival, surrounded by everything metal, and a plentiful supply of good beer..... what more possible reason could you need to not be drinking?!?!

I for one will be (like hail&grill said) keeping a steady supply of alcohol in my system so i'm am merrily merry for the whole festival but acn watch bands as I like without missing anything!

As for the line up not justifying the inflated price from what I've read (interviews from Tom Jensen) a lot of the money is on iomproving the actual site as they have the lease for another 15years still, they've improved irrigation so if it rains we dont get bogged down, revamped the power grid for the site so more electricity is available for stages and stalls etc. So you will be getting your monies worth in the increased quality of the festival. As for the line up so far it aint bad and there's so many more bands to be announced that there will be some great ones I'm sure. like they had said there's big suprises to come an I@ve heard headliners, so whose saying man'o'war an immortal wont get added or gamma ray who've self confirmed?! and so what if the bands playing are a mix of '05 '06 '07 those where amazing line ups :p

Either way i'm confident all the 70'000 going will have a blast! I'd lay money on it infact if your up for a bet lol ;)

Now I jus need to get a flag for me camp ...... any suggestions?!

WACKENWOLF

27 März 2009
Saxon.......I give up!!!!

OK.....weeks of waiting.....weeks of growing discontent....weeks of growing speculation....has Wacken got something major up its sleeve?...HELL YES!!!!!
Its fuckin Saxon!!!!
Oh ...My...God...is that it?...is this the final insult.?
What next AFI?......Fall Out Boy?.....REO Fuckin Speedwagon????
Wacken beware.Look what happened to Download in the UK.....a decent metal/rock fest that was headlined last year by The Offspring!!!
I know Saxon are Wacken fav's...i've seen em at Wacken myself...but they are metal cabaret these days surely?
These are the sort of bands i expect at Wacken..... VRIED,TAAKE,HATESPHERE,COBALT,MORBID ANGEL,KREATOR,VADER,GOJIRA,1349,CANNIBAL CORPSE,ENSLAVED,SLAYER,SATYRICON,CANDLEMASS......
I bet most of these could and would play Wacken if approached.....
Wacken org....check this list and give me a job!!!

Guallamalla

19 Aug. 2008
Cheydinhal
Wacken beware.Look what happened to Download in the UK.....a decent metal/rock fest that was headlined last year by The Offspring!!!
I know Saxon are Wacken fav's...i've seen em at Wacken myself...but they are metal cabaret these days surely?

I don't really get your complaint. What do you mean by metal cabaret? And why do you compare them to Fallout Boy and the Offspring?
I mean I don't like or listen to Saxon myself, but they were somehow expected and typical for a WOA, so I'm feeling rather indifferent...

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
OK.....weeks of waiting.....weeks of growing discontent....weeks of growing speculation....has Wacken got something major up its sleeve?...HELL YES!!!!!
Its fuckin Saxon!!!!
These are the sort of bands i expect at Wacken..... VRIED,TAAKE,HATESPHERE,COBALT,MORBID ANGEL,KREATOR,VADER,GOJIRA,1349,CANNIBAL CORPSE,ENSLAVED,SLAYER,SATYRICON,CANDLEMASS......

Oh shut up. No-one's making you go if you don't like it...

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Its fuckin Saxon!!!!

I'm not quite sure if you should compare Saxon to this bullshit, cuz they are of the greatest NWOBHM-bands...in my opinion way better that Maiden.

But you're actually right that those bands would fit to Wacken much better that many of the confirmed bands.