Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Astrum

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
took a big english flag last year but wound up wearing it round me neck carryin it about to wave while maiden played the trooper! I think some people there didn't like the english though :s
Hehe, you should have seen a look at the face of the arabs at "Lebanon falaphel" food stand back at 2006 during the war, when we paraded in front of the with our Israeli flag.

WACKENWOLF

27 März 2009
Hey Astrum,
We should meet up at the Black Stage during the festival and watch.......er..........???????

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Hehe, you should have seen a look at the face of the arabs at "Lebanon falaphel" food stand back at 2006 during the war, when we paraded in front of the with our Israeli flag.

Lol i can imagine!!! For some reason I find that pretty funny though, cos i dont understand how people automatically judge someone jus because of where they come from. everyone is only a person, an you can't judge them until you know what type of person they are as an individual.

Pumpkinhead

25 Feb. 2009
Ekhmmm, so far from the truth. Just check out billing for the last 5-7 years. Ok, heavy/hard rock always have considerate percentage of the line-up, but only enough to fill up the True Metal stage. That's why you have True and Black stages. Black goes for extreme metal as trash, black and death.

eeeehm - I still think it's true! look how the festival established itself in the past and look what bands played the black stage the last couple of years! sure there are a lot of black/death bands, I'm neither blind nor deaf, but bands like STS, corvus corax, apokalyptische reiter (who I do not consider as a black band anymore), as well as goth bands (lacuna coil) or weird bands (dir en grey) played the black stage TOO...even turbonegro played black stage, and they're so far away from black/death like karel gott from metal...

please, confirm some death/black bands, no problem with it (opposite, I really like it), but stick to your roots - saxon is perfect, now gamma ray is still to come as well as other great bands!

it's the mixture that makes wacken so great, but still it is a heavy metal festival - and please keep up to that, almost every other metal-festival in germany (exept bang your head!!! and rockhard) is more extreme metal oriented. so I'm glad wacken sticks to its roots and completes its billing with extreme stuff - stay like that!!

Hail & Grill

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Aug. 2008
Metallien/Provinz Power
Its not that flag I seen one year that says "the only thing we fear is running out of beer!" is it? I seen that flag an thought "yes this is me!"

took a big english flag last year but wound up wearing it round me neck carryin it about to wave while maiden played the trooper! I think some people there didn't like the english though :s

What you mean about the violence?

No, that was not my flag. My flag shows a beer mug on a blue background. Here is a picture I found:
bier.jpg

Well, the violence (or vandalism) seems to increase. Tents get raided when you are not around, stealing at the festival - that stuff.
It would be a sad thing if some pricks destroy the mast and it crushes a car or something else.

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
Don't get me wrong, I love Saxon. When I read the news today about the warm-up i thought they would again be playing in Horst a few days before the festival and was already getting excited but...well Ok.
But how many old-school-bands are left to be announced? What's comming next? Yeah, Whitesnake and Scorpions are missing. I like old-school, really, but this is being assimilated to a retirement home.

I WANT MY HEAD TO BE NECESSARILIY BANGED!

WACKENWOLF

27 März 2009
After several days, the addition of our old friends Saxon to the line-up seems to be kept pretty quiet by the orga......no mention in the news or even in the side strip of bands....shit even Wacken orga are embarrassed...
Just want to fan the flames a little more.....
Dragonforce......a one trick pony and also thought of as a bit of a joke band in the UK....they go down well with the BFMV fans i think.....GWAR....pure comedy.
Positives....CATHEDRAL..MACHINE HEAD....NAPALM DEATH....TESTAMENT....these are the only bands so far that i am really looking forward to and i've seen 2 of them several times live before....
There are so many bands on the bill that i really feel are simply not very good representatives of their genre.....
Awaiting the next announcement with interest......Subway to fuckin Sally no doubt!!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Well, big announcement on Monday 18h. Let's hope all of this (delays, lack of major bands, lack of communication from the Orga, etc) was worth it.

I'm expecting some major bands from all metal genres (doom, black, death, thrash, folk) and not just a bunch of bands like subway to sally or bring me the horizon. A few from this list would be nice:

Manowar
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Candlemass
Samael
Immortal
Opeth
Exodus
Onslaught
Kreator
Slayer
Ensiferum
Finntroll
Moonsorrow
Primordial
Dimmu Borgir
Rotting Christ
Arch Enemy
Carcass
Deicide
Anthrax

(list based on my personal band preferences but note they are all major bands in their style, i guess they would make the majority pleased)

Jordan

25 März 2009
Well, big announcement on Monday 18h. Let's hope all of this (delays, lack of major bands, lack of communication from the Orga, etc) was worth it.
I can only agree, cross my fingers and... wait.

As for the bands you listed, too bad Primoridal and Opeth already played last year... Well this didn't prevent Airbourne (pfff) from coming back again... But any hope to get Opeth is gone, I guess...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Guallamalla

19 Aug. 2008
Cheydinhal

I'm expecting some major bands from all metal genres (doom, black, death, thrash, folk) and not just a bunch of bands like subway to sally or bring me the horizon. A few from this list would be nice:

Manowar
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Candlemass
Samael
Immortal
Opeth
Exodus
Onslaught
Kreator
Slayer
Ensiferum
Finntroll
Moonsorrow
Primordial
Dimmu Borgir
Rotting Christ
Arch Enemy
Carcass
Deicide
Anthrax

(list based on my personal band preferences but note they are all major bands in their style, i guess they would make the majority pleased)

Hmm .... well ... lol, can I have your ticket in that case? :D