Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Pumpkinhead

25 Feb. 2009
I can promise you they won't fuck it up, although major bands will be missing this year. Think about what's going to happen in the future, if this festival will be fucked up? Wacken has so far the reputation of the best metal festival in the world, and they know they're gambling high this year - 130€, early sold out, anniversary etc. So if it's going to be a messed up festival the news will spread very fast and they could lose their reputation very fast (Metalcamp for example is on the run recently), and I think that's not what theese guys have in mind.

I think manowar will headline this year (although you do not think, they're a major act, but look around....they have still a HUGE fanbase, so from my point of view they are - which does not mean I like em) and after their confirmation, many other bands will follow. Let's see what happens, but I'm sure it'll be great!

wattie

6 März 2009
Dijon / BURGUNDY
Yes, the lack of communication from the orga is properly unacceptable ...
When you spend 130 €, you're allowed to know for what you have paid for ...
Most festivals have already complete their bills ...
I don't see the point of wating that much, considering that the fest il sold out for ages ... what are they waiting for ? to get a deal with a good band ?

Usually, headliners are known before tickets are for sale ...
Anyway, they can announce whatever band they want, people still will be upset and disappointed, specially when you know that the bands you have been waiting for won't come ...
What was fun in the beginning " guess who's coming ? " is indeed a total disaster and a big masquerade ...
For sure, this one will be my last Wacken, though i've been faithfull for 9 years

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
Endlich, nach 65 Jahren bekommen wir wieder einen guten Ruf. Sogar mit althergebrachten Tugenden wie Ordnung und Sauberkeit. :D:rolleyes::cool:

Finally, after 65 years we´re begining to get a good reputation again. Even with olden virtues like order and cleanliness. :D:rolleyes::cool:

LOL yes after all that time finally we're a clean people lol

Definitely agree with what's being said about the orga not communicating whats going on an we did spend our money on the tickets.

An 20th Anniversary of WACKEN can't be just good it needs to be fantastic!

I think though with GWAR it will be very entertaining, and I dunno who will headline, personally i think it would be better to have say Blind Guardian and Immortal (same as 2007 i know) to headline rather than just Man'o'War or something like that. Though are bands like Hammer Fall and Epica not so big on the continent in UK no one really knows who they are but i presume in Europe it is different?

But surely In Flames could be a headline act? or Machine Head? I dont know what is big on the continent like I said.

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
I can promise you they won't fuck it up, although major bands will be missing this year.

I'm sorry but that's a major fuck up. Wacken is supposedly the world biggest metal festival, meaning, major bands must be present! If I wanted to see a couple of major bands and some other ones I would go to underground fests and pay like 30 or 40€.

If there are no major bands there, how will they explain the ticket price increase? Infrastructure? That's laughable! Some of you talk about the Wacken spirit, the good times there, etc but let me remind you this is a metal fest, we're all there to see the best metal bands from all corners of the world!

The XX anniversary edition should be a giant metal celebration, with all the best bands from every metal genre. Bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax (yes, the big four!), Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Manowar, Carcass, Candlemass, ..., all the charismatic bands!

Instead of this celebration, they decided to keep us on hold, throwing us a bone instead, with bands like Testament, Amon Amarth, Korpiklaani, etc. They are good but they're not enough to say 'wow' because most of them can be found in other fests, cheaper ones. And then they put in there shitty bands like Bullet! And i'm guessing they ain't that cheap :mad:

About this anniversary thing, they were the ones that emphasized it, they hyped it like hell and we corresponded. The fest sold out in December. And more, last year they said they had it all arranged, every single band signed up and shit! Meanwhile, they keep us in the dark three months and we're seeing major bands slip through our fingers to other fests: cheaper fests, closer fests, whatever.

And last weak they even joked with us saying they were negotiation with Metallica, considering Manowar and Slipknot if they wanted to try new things. BULLSHIT!

It is time for them to stop jerking around and announce the full line-up, most of us have to decide now if we're still going to Wacken or if we're changing to other festivals, after all money doesn't grow on trees for me to pick it up so I want the best fest I can find. Wacken was the best. This year that is yet to be proved...

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
Endlich, nach 65 Jahren bekommen wir wieder einen guten Ruf. Sogar mit althergebrachten Tugenden wie Ordnung und Sauberkeit. :D:rolleyes::cool:

Finally, after 65 years we´re begining to get a good reputation again. Even with olden virtues like order and cleanliness. :D:rolleyes::cool:
Well, this is one of the reasons I love Wacken - great logistics, order, clean toilets :), non-violent party atmosphere. From what I've heard about Hellfest for example - it's all missing there.
But still, lack of explanation of the current situation pisses me off. The site itself is barely maintained, there no news, no updates. For the first time there is no picture gallery from WOA 2008.
And yes, the line up is still sucks wild miles of dicks. Even those good bands we have this year have been on Wacken once, twice or even more. I wanna see some fresh meat! The only bands this year I didn't see and I intend to see are WOJ, Ejnherjer, Testament.
Me personally is praying to all gods for Lamb of God, Down, Devildriver, Slayer, Skinless and Dying Fetus.

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
explanation.jpg

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
The XX anniversary edition should be a giant metal celebration, with all the best bands from every metal genre. Bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax (yes, the big four!), Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Manowar, Carcass, Candlemass, ..., all the charismatic bands!

You see to me those are the bands I dont wanna see added! lol they're pound to a penny I can go any big fest or tour an see those bands, metallica toured UK a couple of times doing stadiums, and have headlined download a couple of times, so what, wacken is about seeing bands that're metal yeh but tallica have been shit ever since the black album, they're jus not relevant anymore. Megadeth and slayer and testament too, its all thrash crap from the states. Wacken is a european festival should be full of european metal in my mind infact every bands u mentioned apart from Maiden and priest there is american. Oh and Carcass who live in my home town! :p I was well impressed they mentioned the Swan at Wacken! Its the tiny little metal pub we all drink in :)

But seriously ok Maiden was fantastic but I really dont give a shit about seeing those other bands an if wackens line up started having all mainstream american shit in it ie; devil driver LoG Mastodon, tallica slayer etc every year i'd jus stop going an i'd go somewhere else.

Certainly Slipknot an BfmV is taking the piss right? i hope.

If wacken turns mainstream it looses all its credibility instantly, an with inflated prices it just wont work, I hope the orga know this.

I'm kinda worried too.
We're a group of aproximately 25 people but we're currently discussing about going to Summer Breeze instead of Wacken. I mean yeah there are several bands worth seeing. Heaven Hell are pretty cool but after Iron Maiden last year I expected something bigger for 20th anniversary. Just have a look at other German/European Festivals all of them provide a better billing than Wacken. Why the fuck are only 32 Bands confirmed? Where are the other bands? Hiding in the Wacken mud?^^
An additional problem I reckon is that ordinarily the bands confirmed last at Wacken are less famous/known and the bands already confirmed are not quite a blast yet. Furthermore: Why did I pay 130 Euros? What for? Far worse bands than last year but I have to pay more? Just habe a look at Summer Breeze for example. They got a better billing but they only demand about 70 Euros...
I love Wacken but what the hell is happening here? The organization needs to do something otherwise they'll lose a lot of old fans/customers like me.
Sad but true...

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
You see to me those are the bands I dont wanna see added!

Sorry if I misled you. I was just stating the Organization this year should be able to draw big bands such as Metallica and Iron Maiden (not 'or' but AND, both bands) PLUS the normal bands we see at Wacken.

Meaning, extra investment. I choose those bands because they are expensive (well, maybe not Anthrax) and that would mean the Organization is willing to spend some money to make a good line-up. Right now it seems more like the opposite...

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
HEY! You don´t seem to know that there is a band called "Bullet" an they damnly rock!:D I think you were complaining about those faggots "BfmV".;)

I would suggest that they cancel the "For My Valentine" and confirm whats left. :D:cool:

looooooooooooooooooool :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I definitely agree :cool:

Best way forward!

UNKNOWNONE sorry yes I see your point actually and your right really they should have that budget to add some bigger bands as well as the smaller more alternative ones, and give the extra 30euro each we payed you would think they would lol!

Jordan

25 März 2009
Since they don't seem to be spent to bill a few major acts, maybe the extra 30 euros could be used to get a good website with up-to-date announcement ?... :rolleyes: