• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

SPARKE

6 Sep. 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Going to WOA for the first time in 2015!!!! I like all metal, been to hundreds of concerts and festivals in Canada but nothing even close to this big! I can't friggn' wait!! I feel like a religious person going to the holy land. I'm travelling from western (Alberta) Canada and it will be my first time going to Europe. My family on both sides is of German decent, so it almost feels like this will be a homecoming, got just shy of a year to learn a little bit of functional German. Anybody got any advice? Will my Canadian drivers licence work for ID or will I have to drag around my passport and try to avoid damaging it in the pit for example.

Zachia

W:O:A Metalmaster
8 Mai 2012
Going to WOA for the first time in 2015!!!! I like all metal, been to hundreds of concerts and festivals in Canada but nothing even close to this big! I can't friggn' wait!! I feel like a religious person going to the holy land. I'm travelling from western (Alberta) Canada and it will be my first time going to Europe. My family on both sides is of German decent, so it almost feels like this will be a homecoming, got just shy of a year to learn a little bit of functional German. Anybody got any advice? Will my Canadian drivers licence work for ID or will I have to drag around my passport and try to avoid damaging it in the pit for example.

hello, wellcome here.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Going to WOA for the first time in 2015!!!! I like all metal, been to hundreds of concerts and festivals in Canada but nothing even close to this big! I can't friggn' wait!! I feel like a religious person going to the holy land. I'm travelling from western (Alberta) Canada and it will be my first time going to Europe. My family on both sides is of German decent, so it almost feels like this will be a homecoming, got just shy of a year to learn a little bit of functional German. Anybody got any advice? Will my Canadian drivers licence work for ID or will I have to drag around my passport and try to aoid damaging it in the pit for example.

Moien,

I'm afraid your drivers licence won't work as an ID in Europe. Better take it with you.

For the redt, ask your fellow countrymen! I'm not sure as what you have to take with you.

SPARKE

6 Sep. 2014
Thank you for your response, but I think my question regarding ID is more related to buying beer at WOA, and weather or not ID is asked for. I've travelled internationally before, and countries like US, Mexico and New Zealand for example, will allow you to buy booze with local licence, all they are really looking for is some proof that you are the legal drinking age.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Thank you for your response, but I think my question regarding ID is more related to buying beer at WOA, and whether or not ID is asked for. I've travelled internationally before, and countries like US, Mexico and New Zealand for example, will allow you to buy booze with local licence, all they are really looking for is some proof that you are the legal drinking age.

I've never been asked for ID to buy booze in Germany (or to enter a bar for that matter). If I recall correctly (not sure if the laws have changed), in Germany you can buy beer and wine from the age of 16, and hard liquor from the age of 18. In the UK they'll only ask for ID if you look younger than 25, so I can't imagine Germany having stricter policy. I say leave the licence at home, as you probably won't need to pull out your passport anywhere else apart from the airport.

SPARKE

6 Sep. 2014
That's close to what I thought, it's not like I'm a baby, I'm 36, but still get IDed from time to time at home. If you don't have it they will not sell. We all know what a mosh pit is like, little own a muddy one. Every thing in your pockets can turn to soggy mush. Good luck trying to go through any countries customs with a damaged passport.

Zachia

8 Mai 2012
I've never been asked for ID to buy booze in Germany (or to enter a bar for that matter). If I recall correctly (not sure if the laws have changed), in Germany you can buy beer and wine from the age of 16, and hard liquor from the age of 18. ort.
no,the law is still the same.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

Welcome! And do t worry about getting your beers. I've never been id'ed in germany in the past 10 years, and i had quite a few beers ;)

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
That's close to what I thought, it's not like I'm a baby, I'm 36, but still get IDed from time to time at home. If you don't have it they will not sell. We all know what a mosh pit is like, little own a muddy one. Every thing in your pockets can turn to soggy mush. Good luck trying to go through any countries customs with a damaged passport.

Yeah me too, but only when entering a bar/club, and only if it's the club's policy to ID every single person (even if they look 80 years old). I think the last time I had someone at the actual bar ask me for ID I was 18 or 19.

If you're worried about your passport getting damaged, they have security lockers in Wacken where you can store your valuables for the weekend. I personally keep all the stuff I can't afford to lose in a money belt (the passport is also in a protective sleeve that I got when I obtained it) and all the stuff I don't want to lose I keep in zipped/buttoned-up pockets. Even in 2012 when Wacken had the worst mud ever, the only things that really got damaged/ruined were my boots (unknowingly stood in mud holes a foot deep :(). Unless you enjoy rolling around in the mud, there shouldn't be a problem :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Welcome! And do t worry about getting your beers. I've never been id'ed in germany in the past 10 years, and i had quite a few beers ;)

But, Mr AP, there's a difference between a EU citizen and a non EU citizen. ? You can't use your drivers licence as an ID in eg the US or Canada either!

But I think you won't be asked for an ID if you're 35. If you were lkke 21, that'd be different.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
But, Mr AP, there's a difference between a EU citizen and a non EU citizen. ? You can't use your drivers licence as an ID in eg the US or Canada either!

But I think you won't be asked for an ID if you're 35. If you were lkke 21, that'd be different.

I didnt say you could, but if you dont get id'ed there is no need for it anyway....

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thanks for the info. Another question I have is, what are the lines to get in to the park and camp areas? How early before gates open should I think about getting in line?

The campgrounds open on Monday already. But you have to pay an extra fee to get in that early. I do recommend it though. Because the parties at the campground are insane :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Thanks for the info. Another question I have is, what are the lines to get in to the park and camp areas? How early before gates open should I think about getting in line?

2 questions.
How do you travel to Wacken, and when do you want to be there? If you rent a car, and you camp next to it, there are several gates you can get in. Gates open on Monday already, but a supplement for early arrival is required.
If you take a train to Itzehoe station, which is the nearest railway station, and a shuttle bus to Wacken, you could end up in a line. It's not that big, just annoying with all your luggage you have to carry. But camp A is close by, and not that far away from the festival site.