Merchandise and all that stuff

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
What is the average spending budget at WOA including beer, food, beer, beer and food, beer and maybe a t-shirt?

Generally speaking food and drink is pretty inexpensive for a festival (unless you're buying from the bars in/around the arena areas). It kind of depends how bonkers you think you'll get over merch like CD's, T-shirts, hoodies, drinking horns, etc., but from memory a couple hundred euros usually lasts me. I buy my own healthy snacks in Hamburg, breakfast from the Wacken neighbours, 2 main meals in the market area and midnight/miscellaneous snacks from the 24hr supermarket.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
What is the average spending budget at WOA including beer, food, beer, beer and food, beer and maybe a t-shirt?
Varies from person to person.

I for instance can live with a total of €50 during the 4 days, with food I buy in the (village!) supermarket. (not the festival markets!!!)
A BBQ is always available so to prepare it is no issue. (it was at least when I went to Wacken ;))

And beer is taken from home. But then again, I have the advantage to live in Europe.
I'd advise you however to buy beer in the VILLAGE supermarket(s). Just pay attention you also pay deposit! (refundable on Sunday at the same supermarket(s) )
And then one T-shirt (around €16 I think) and some beers in the festival/beergarden area. So.. it depends on what you want, or do not want.
Generally speaking food and drink is pretty inexpensive for a festival (unless you're buying from the bars in/around the arena areas). It kind of depends how bonkers you think you'll get over merch like CD's, T-shirts, hoodies, drinking horns, etc., but from memory a couple hundred euros usually lasts me. I buy my own healthy snacks in Hamburg, breakfast from the Wacken neighbours, 2 main meals in the market area and midnight/miscellaneous snacks from the 24hr supermarket.

Beer cheap/expensive depends on the living standards of where you live.

As far as my memory goes (infield!):
Beer is €3.50 per 0.4l with €1 deposit (per mug)
Soft is also €3.50 per 0.4l (always with deposit per mug)
Bkg beer is €7.00 per liter (with €3 deposit)
Weizen (white beer) €4(?) (with €1 deposit)

And beer in the supermarket (village) is from €0.25 to €0.55 or more, depending on the brand you take, (with 25cts deposit per can!!!) per either 33cl or 50cl. Depends also on the brand.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Varies from person to person.

I for instance can live with a total of €50 during the 4 days, with food I buy in the (village!) supermarket. (not the festival markets!!!)
A BBQ is always available so to prepare it is no issue. (it was at least when I went to Wacken ;))

And beer is taken from home. But then again, I have the advantage to live in Europe.
I'd advise you however to buy beer in the VILLAGE supermarket(s). Just pay attention you also pay deposit! (refundable on Sunday at the same supermarket(s) )
And then one T-shirt (around €16 I think) and some beers in the festival/beergarden area. So.. it depends on what you want, or do not want.

As far as my memory goes (infield!):
Beer is €3.50 per 0.4l with €1 deposit (per mug)
Soft is also €3.50 per 0.4l (always with deposit per mug)
Bkg beer is €7.00 per liter (with €3 deposit)
Weizen (white beer) €4(?) (with €1 deposit)

And beer in the supermarket (village) is from €0.25 to €0.55 or more, depending on the brand you take, (with 25cts deposit per can!!!) per either 33cl or 50cl. Depends also on the brand.

I spend 50 euro's a day easily.

the big beers where 8 euro's as far as I remember.

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

Well that's beer, but I'm also talking non-alcoholic drinks and food. Like at Bloodstock Open Air, I always ran out of money, and that was mostly to cover food. Also, comparing drink prices at Wacken alone, I paid something like 4 euros for 400mL cup of Coke (including deposit) in the beergarden near the main stages, then on my way back to camp I bought a (cold) 1.5L bottle of Coke from the Wacken supermarket for 3 euros I think.

Obviously it's not the cheapest festival to buy food, but it didn't seem too reasonably over priced for fast (festival) food.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Well that's beer, but I'm also talking non-alcoholic drinks and food. Like at Bloodstock Open Air, I always ran out of money, and that was mostly to cover food. Also, comparing drink prices at Wacken alone, I paid something like 4 euros for 400mL cup of Coke (including deposit) in the beergarden near the main stages, then on my way back to camp I bought a (cold) 1.5L bottle of Coke from the Wacken supermarket for 3 euros I think.

Obviously it's not the cheapest festival to buy food, but it didn't seem too reasonably over priced for fast (festival) food.

Dunno about softs, I take my own. ;)

But 3€ is expensive for a bottle that cost around €1.25 in a normal supermarket. (plus the €0.15 deposit)

And I don't know Bloodstock, but I know the UK is expensive anyways. Regardless of what you take (for someone who's not used to pay in £)

ThunderZtorm

10 Aug. 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark

Unlike the other guys, I tend to spend money..

The first year (2011) I spent about 500 euro in total. I did go nuts and bought like 8 t-shirts and CDs etc etc though.

Last year I think I spent about 300 or so.

I'm the type who doesn't go all out on boozing, I'm mainly at Wacken for the music and a good time with my gf, so we don't really get hardcore drunk. I drink maybe around 10-15ish beers in a day, most of them bought at the festival area. Beer is definitely my primary expense in that sense :D

My goal is always to have about 400 euro with me, that gives me 100 euro a day (wed-thu-fri-sat), and that tends to work out for me. It can be done cheaper, of course, but if I'm going, I might as well enjoy myself properly instead of worrying about "can I afford this" ;)

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Dunno about softs, I take my own. ;)

But 3€ is expensive for a bottle that cost around €1.25 in a normal supermarket. (plus the €0.15 deposit)

And I don't know Bloodstock, but I know the UK is expensive anyways. Regardless of what you take (for someone who's not used to pay in £)

Festival food is almost always overpriced, but I've seen way worse.

Tri-6

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Aug. 2012
St. Louis, MO USA

The first year (2011) I spent about 500 euro in total. I did go nuts and bought like 8 t-shirts and CDs etc etc though.

I'm the type who doesn't go all out on boozing, I'm mainly at Wacken for the music and a good time with my gf, so we don't really get hardcore drunk. I drink maybe around 10-15ish beers in a day, most of them bought at the festival area. Beer is definitely my primary expense in that sense :D

My goal is always to have about 400 euro with me, that gives me 100 euro a day (wed-thu-fri-sat), and that tends to work out for me. It can be done cheaper, of course, but if I'm going, I might as well enjoy myself properly instead of worrying about "can I afford this" ;)

That's my POV. I figure I'll spend a lot the first day on merch then the rest will just be food and beer. Probably stock up on some stuff in Hamburg for the trip up though to cut back on food costs. I should buy a small BBQ grill or something. You can bring those right?

Zachia

8 Mai 2012
That's my POV. I figure I'll spend a lot the first day on merch then the rest will just be food and beer. Probably stock up on some stuff in Hamburg for the trip up though to cut back on food costs. I should buy a small BBQ grill or something. You can bring those right?

yee,you can bring grills to the campground.

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA

They sell the disposable grills there, usually at the village market, then you can barter for charcoal with your neighbirs to reuse the grill rather than buy new. This will be my first wacken as a vegetarian so wish me luck haha

raylouie

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2013
Colorado

That what I estimated, about 400 euro since this is my first time at WOA. Since I'm a whiskey person, I'm guessing about 10 beers a day at the most.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I thought wacken was expensive, but actually prices aren't to bad compared to other festivals. graspop is way more expensive.

I did a quick calculation on SIMPLE beer.

WOA: 3.50 for 0.4l makes 8.75/liter
GMM: 2,50 for 0.25l makes 10.00/liter. (without boozebag, with boozebag it'll be 2.25 for 0.25l makes 9.00/liter. A boozebag is €50)

STANDARD MEASURES! I'm not talking about the 7€ liter mug!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: