Languages?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Wackianne

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Oh, contemplating anything?
Yes! - I´d love to discuss the general relativity theory with you in the tent!!! Or the effects of alcohol on the bending of space and time... What about doing some algebra?

Zombi

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
algebras not really my kind of thing...

but i'll be glad to study alcohol with you.

then, when we're in the mood... we can hit the physics books!

Suwarin

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
Originally posted by Brat

Nothing! but I've spoken it all my life (even before English) so it doen't feel like I know a second language. I know it sounds weird. I take it for granted that I can speak 2 languages, but it doesn't feel like I've worked to learn the language like someone in Germany would for instance learn Spanish..
..uhm.. well.. let me get this right...you feel ... well kind of guilty because you grew up with two languages and it came naturally without too much work??..

TC 2000

13 Mai 2002
Netherlands
Website besuchen
well, I'm not sure about a BETTER time abroad.... but at least a more comprehensable time :)
however, being completely illiterate to the vacation resort of your choice can be very amusing though. especially when you hear your dad order dinner in France while he really doesn't speak french that well... :D

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
Originally posted by Zombi
algebras not really my kind of thing...

but i'll be glad to study alcohol with you.

then, when we're in the mood... we can hit the physics books!

Oh yeah - Wacken is going to be better than I had thought - now we don´t have to watch all those silly, loud bands anymore but can sit in my tent and read physics books (great suggestion, btw) - how exciting!! I guess, you agree with me that we should rather drink milk than *alcohol*?!?

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by Suwarin

..uhm.. well.. let me get this right...you feel ... well kind of guilty because you grew up with two languages and it came naturally without too much work??..

Exactly.

And, when I went to high school, I studied maths and sciences instead of arts subjects (I think not doing German had something to do with program clashing or no teacher).

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Brat, you are lucky with speaking two languages fluently without having to work for that! And there´s no need to excuse yourself for not speaking German - German is really not a very important language.
I can only speak about myself - I really hate my only-school English and the fact that I´ve forgotten half of it during the past 10 years. And I´ve tried to learn Spanish several times, but I´m afraid my knowledge will always be on a very basic level. :(
So enjoy your Russian knowledge and if you want, we teach you some more important German phrases :D