Languages?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xpet

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Brat

I can't remember...what is 'sth'?

If that is the market that's open from 3 am to about lunchtime (good place to go after a night out) and sells fresh fish, I remember reading about it, but not the drink. I will have to check.

yeah, sth means someting, sorry.

That thing you´re talking about is the famous fish market. But its not near the main station.
What I was talkin about is just a stupid supermarket. Sorry, maybe that was an insider joke. It referred to the fact that lonely planet says the drinks are that expensive at german restaurants so you´d better go and buy them in the supermarkets. ;)

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
oh, ok...I don't remember reading that, but I remember reading something about it's cheaper to buy drinks in drink/bottle/wine shops than supermarkets.

Is that all drinks or just alcoholic? Is it true?

It's a little confusing, because you can only purchase alcohol in Australia in bottle/liquor stores or at a hotel (pub) takeaway shop. But they must have a takeaway licence.

And restaurants must have a licence to sell alcohol, otherwise you can bring your own...some allow both, so you end up saving about 50% by bringing the same wine as the restaurant sells.

I do remember LP also saying, that alcohol is expensive in restaurants for people from US/Aus because we are so used to BYO and it's not accepted in Germany.

Suwarin

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
Well yes you got a kind of in drink/bottle/wine shops they are called: Getränkeläden or Getränkemarkt... but they are not allways cheaper than supermarkets. Of course it depends on the kind and/or brand you are buying...
Basically you can buy alcohol nearly everywhere so no problem with that, as long as you have the legal drinking age.. that is you can drink beer if you are over 16 and the rest (harder stuff, so everything over 5% as a guideline) follows with over 18.

And BYO (if that is bring your own) is not accepted. That is true.

All in all I would say that there is really nothing to worry about.

@allothershowknow If anybody else has different information please correct me..

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Brat
oh, ok...I don't remember reading that, but I remember reading something about it's cheaper to buy drinks in drink/bottle/wine shops than supermarkets.

Is that all drinks or just alcoholic? Is it true?

I do remember LP also saying, that alcohol is expensive in restaurants for people from US/Aus because we are so used to BYO and it's not accepted in Germany.

Well, its really true that all drinks in restaurants are rather expensive. The same with festivals, gigs, events and so on.
Its much cheaper to buy at the supermarkets, Getränkemarkets or even at the gas stations* (many of them are also open in the night/weekends when the other shops are closed). And its the same for alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. Compared with other countries its rather expensive :(

*beware: Gas station prices are about double supermarket prices, but the opening hours are cool.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
ah danke :D

I must have misread. I thought they were saying Getränkemarkets were much cheaper than supermarkets. I'm reading all the LP guides a second time now. Yes I always plan this much :rolleyes: