Justify Our Existence

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
ah, a nice discussion about something not useless! pity I'm again late to give my opinian.

What justifies our existence? well, nothing I think. We are just here, nothing we can do about it (but that's already clear here)
But, like all animals we want to continue our specie, that's in our genes. We also have got the brains and the ability to think further of the consequences of our actions. Ofcourse most people don't think of that. So eventually we will destroy our own specie with that and make us an evolutionary failure:)

I agree with warthog that searching for an answer of this is useless. Thinking of just things only have lead to things like Gods and everything.

My justification to be here is having a good time. have others a good time and eventually reproduce so more people can have a good time!:)

about the horny bacteria:sexual reproduction had without doubt an advantage to exist. ofcourse, we wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. And I'm glad it is the way it is!:)

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Alessa
To me anything spiritual or artistic is just an escape from the ordinary to make us feel more individual, when in reality we're just another group of organisms. I thnk it's just 'excess thought' which justifies our existance, for example believing 'love' is something other than just chemical reactions and the need for a feeling of worth. If everyone looked at things in a totally logical and scientific way we would look at ourselves as being mechanical, which for some reason seems to lessen our worth.

I don't agree - I try to look at the world in a logical and scientific way and I think it is beautiful and endlessly interesting.