From Haburg to Wacken

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

bronson

21 Jan. 2004
Canada
Website besuchen
Hi, we will be flying into Hamburg from Canada on the 3rd of August and were wondering how we can get to Wacken from there? Is there a train or bus that can get us there and back?

Originally posted by bronson
Hi, we will be flying into Hamburg from Canada on the 3rd of August and were wondering how we can get to Wacken from there? Is there a train or bus that can get us there and back?

It´s vers easy, just go to the page. www.bahn.de it´s also in english and there you can get the train from Hamburg Altona to Itzehoe and from there there are shuttlebusses to the festivalarea :)

bronson

21 Jan. 2004
Canada
Website besuchen
Yeah it said No pricing info available and it said that you cannot purchase tickets online. Since its only an hour trip would it be safe to assume its less than 30 euros?

Yeah it said No pricing info available and it said that you cannot purchase tickets online. Since its only an hour trip would it be safe to assume its less than 30 euros?

Oh, so I was wrong.....but yes definately less than 30€ I would say round about 10€ per person..how many are you, there is a ticket for 28€ up to five persons.

only 2 of us. I guess we'll be able to get tickets there no problem, since the train seems to run non-stop. Thanks alot for your help

I just tried, seems like this train has another owner then the DB, but it´s no problem buying a ticket at the trainstation :)

No problem for that, see you in Wacken :)

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
bronson

have a good look at the official wacken site where there is plenty of info and options on how to get the Wacken

plus more info on the BD site - there is a ticket called the Schleswig-Holstein which up to a certain number of adults to travel in a group for less than 2 adult single fares....

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
there are also shuttle busses going from Hamburg directly to Wacken, usually organized by Remedy Records:

Tickets available at Remedy Records in Hamburg, or contact@remedyrecords.de

Wednesday, 30.07.2003 - 16:00 o´clock from Hamburg Holstenstraße to Wacken
Thursday, 31.07.2003 - 13:00 o´clock from Hamburg Holstenstraße to Wacken

Sunday, 03.08.2003 - 11:00 o´clock Wacken to Hamburg Holstenstraße

Price (To Wacken and return) = 20, - EUR

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Brat

have a good look at the official wacken site where there is plenty of info and options on how to get the Wacken

yeah, just checked it, see my posting above - but isn´t it a great laugh for all you native english speakers to read things like "click to watch the map" and so on? :D