Camping at Wacken 2004

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

The Raven

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Jan. 2004
Bangalore, India
www.kryptos.net
This is going to be my first time at Wacken. Goddamn, am waiting fot July! Looking forward to some heavy binges and not so heavy purges.

Didn't want to bring this up - I was talking to this guy, Eddie something, he was telling me there is a lot of racism and I should watch my back. I don't believe him. Tell me I'm right not to have believed him.

As you guys might know, am from India, where should i head to - Frankfurt?

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
I haven't seen any racism in Wacken. There may be racists, but I don't think racism is a problem in Wacken.

And you'd better fly to Hamburg, cause Frankfurt is quite far from Wacken, and german trains are a bit expensive. Well, if money is not a problem for you, then you can travel in an Intercity Express to Hamburg :)

The Raven

21 Jan. 2004
Bangalore, India
www.kryptos.net
Originally posted by Sodomy&Lust
I haven't seen any racism in Wacken. There may be racists, but I don't think racism is a problem in Wacken.

And you'd better fly to Hamburg, cause Frankfurt is quite far from Wacken, and german trains are a bit expensive. Well, if money is not a problem for you, then you can travel in an Intercity Express to Hamburg :)

Hate to bother. In euros, could you tell me how much it's going to cost me to get from hamburg to wacken? and what are the most economical modes of transport?

Now i need to find out if there's a flight from Bangalore to Hamburg or Mumbai to Hamburg.

Thanks S&L, if we meet at Wacken a beer on me.

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Hamburg-Wacken? That's not very expensive.

Airport - Altona Train Station: 3-4 € (by bus)

Altona Train Station - Itzehoe : 8 € but there's one ticket which costs 21 € and up to 5 people can travel with it. Just ask any metalhead you see in the station to share one of those tickets :)

Itzehoe - Wacken: I'm not sure, but maybe 2 €

Hope that can be useful!

Bye!

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
One more thing: the shared ticket cost 21 € from Monday to Friday, and 29 on weekends, but you can travel with it as much as you like along Germany during the day you've bought the ticket :)

No problem, dude!

This forum was really useful to me before WOA 2002 and 2003, when I still lived in Spain. It's nice being useful now :)

The Raven

21 Jan. 2004
Bangalore, India
www.kryptos.net
One more thing: the shared ticket cost 21 € from Monday to Friday, and 29 on weekends, but you can travel with it as much as you like along Germany during the day you've bought the ticket :)

No problem, dude!

This forum was really useful to me before WOA 2002 and 2003, when I still lived in Spain. It's nice being useful now :)

:) thanks again, dude....

whether i make it or not....a beer's on the way (B)

LooseCannon

3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Hamburg-Wacken? That's not very expensive.

Airport - Altona Train Station: 3-4 € (by bus)

Altona Train Station - Itzehoe : 8 € but there's one ticket which costs 21 € and up to 5 people can travel with it. Just ask any metalhead you see in the station to share one of those tickets :)

Itzehoe - Wacken: I'm not sure, but maybe 2 €

Hope that can be useful!

Bye!

My train ticket from Altona to Itzehoe cost me 9 Euro.

There's going to be "hack" (Unlicenced Taxi Drivers) Drivers there.Me & 3 guys from Ireland put 5 Euro's each for a ride to Wacken.

miss_terre4

28 Jan. 2004
France
Website besuchen
Yeah, but if you're completely drunk, and can't even buy tickets, the only thing is to buy them before (but by the way, loool, is it possible?)...

Be careful, waking up the last day at 6 am to catch a train, it can be a huge problem!!

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
all train information within Germany including ticket costs

www.bahn.de

there is an international guest section

Also, if you fly with Lufthansa, most of the time, the cost to fly from Frankfurt to another major German city is included in the initial cost - that was what I got last year.

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Originally posted by The Raven
wow! that's a lot of information! thanks everybody!

shit, I've only noticed this thread now - feel free to ask anything. Also, there are a lot of people from Hamburg in the Forum (including me) who'd be sure to help out if anything goes wrong. So you'll get some phone numbers (We usually do a list of forum members cellular phone numbers shortly before Wacken) from local people. If you are afraid of racism (It is very few at Wacken, much better than in normal life), camp in the forum camp. There is people from everywhere in the camp, no racism and it's always good to know some people on a festival.

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Originally posted by Brat

in 2002 I bought a BBQ at the Walmart near Hamburg before WOA and found only 1 time to use it at about 2 am... the rest of the time I was too busy watching all the bands

well, you can borrow a bbq form your campground neighbors anyways or just ask them if you can put your food onto theirs - so no need to carry it the long way from Sydney, Bangalore or wherever :D

@ The Raven
Not sure if there are any direct flights form Hamburg to India, I guess you´ll might have to fly via Paris or so...
And I remember that some airlines are selling "fly & rail"-tickets, which would mean that the costs for the train are included, so you could also fly to Frankfurt or any other German airport without extra costs :)

and of couse mono is right, camping in the forum camp is the best thing to do anyway :)

The Raven

21 Jan. 2004
Bangalore, India
www.kryptos.net
Originally posted by Lucretia
@ The Raven
Not sure if there are any direct flights form Hamburg to India, I guess you´ll might have to fly via Paris or so...
And I remember that some airlines are selling "fly & rail"-tickets, which would mean that the costs for the train are included, so you could also fly to Frankfurt or any other German airport without extra costs :)[/B]

well, there's lufthansa flying to Frankfurt....so.. i guess i need to book a mumbai-frankfurt-hamburg ticket