An open letter to the anti-war crowd

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
Originally posted by Warthog
thanks guys, I appreciate...I still talk to one of them by email, he's doing ok....they still have him sitting in Bahrain, he doesn't know what's going on. The others, I don't know.

@RnR - I'm sorry about your friend :( My friend's father was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident a few years ago...I can only imagine. Don't let it stop you from riding, your friend wouldn't want it that way!
No, I'm not stopping. I got it on the road last week, great... My friend was driving his new bike, and they think the breaks or the wheel locked up somehow...

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Smeagol
All their anti-french or anti-german propagands were full of xenophobic hatred against us. Here, we criticize the governement and the war-like americans, not the whole people.

Just remember that not all of us are for this war, and I won't blame you for the Paris taxi-driver who was trying to overcharge me just because I was American. :D :D :D

Speaking of all the boycotts, I read this article in the paper the other day, pretty funny:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37450-2003Apr5.html

Just goes to show that it's hard to boycott one country without hurting your own sometimes.

P.S. : where are the so-called massive destruction weapons?

In the US Army missile silos in Nevada, of course! :D

Good point though...after all this talk about chemical weapons, all I've heard about are some 55-gallon drums which *might* have chemical weapons...but are probably filled with oil or water for all we know...

Der Helm

2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knuck

Do you still have problems with a lot of these over there? There are some pretty active skinhead movements around here. Though they usually know better than to crawl out of the hills.
Actually I meet more than enough of them, you know, having almost non-existent hair and wearing boots,black clothes and leather gives the wrong impression sometimes. Sad thing is, most of the times I meet them in public ,but I can have a pretty sharp tongue if I want.

"The Feather is truly more powerfull that the sword"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

That's *almost* true. We did lose Vietnam...or rather, we backed out of it. For many years, people denied that Vietnam even happened, because they didn't want to admit that the US ever lost a war. Vietnam vets lost their jobs, lost their homes, lost their families...even though most of them were drafted into the army and didn't want to fight in the first place.

I heard that it´s very difficult to get the truth about Vietnam and Korea in the States because in historybooks stands that you´ve won em. I know some people who´ve been to the states and they met lot of people who still thought that Hitler rules in Germany, we have no electricity in Europe, cars are an american invention and Europe has non and so on..... a lot of Americans aren´t interessted to watch just one meter out of the country to see the rest of the world :(

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knuck

Originally posted by Der Helm
Don't worry, you can apply for Asylum in germany once you are on wacken :D

About that evil genius, I would not agree, he was a madman, but a madman who could SPEAK

Staying in Germany after Wacken? Drinking good beer all the time with REAL metalheads? That doesn't sound so bad. :D

Good point, I guess that's really what I meant. Bush can't even speak his own language properly without tripping over every syllable. "Subliminable"?!?!? "Is our children learning?" heheheh...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knuck

Originally posted by Der Helm
Don't worry, you can apply for Asylum in germany once you are on wacken :D

About that evil genius, I would not agree, he was a madman, but a madman who could SPEAK

Disagree with you, the speaker was Göbbels and Hitler was a tactical genious what belongs getting the masses and fighting war - before he got totaly insane...

But sure Warthog can get asylum here :D:D:D

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knuck

Staying in Germany after Wacken? Drinking good beer all the time with REAL metalheads? That doesn't sound so bad. :D

I moved to germany because of the great metalheads here...and the wonderful beer.....and the mead....

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Lots of Re's: Good point, knucklehead!

Originally posted by ShizzoKrause
I heard that it´s very difficult to get the truth about Vietnam and Korea in the States because in historybooks stands that you´ve won em. I know some people who´ve been to the states and they met lot of people who still thought that Hitler rules in Germany, we have no electricity in Europe, cars are an american invention and Europe has non and so on..... a lot of Americans aren´t interessted to watch just one meter out of the country to see the rest of the world :(

hahahaha, yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, that's pretty much how it is. :) They think that a 110-y/o Hitler rules Germany. And that every German goes to work in a horse-drawn carriage wearing full NSDAP-regalia, red armband and all. Oh yes, and you dance around in lederhosen (sp?) all the time and drink bier out of mugs the size of barrels. Ok, maybe that last part is true! :D :D :D

Smeagol

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Dez. 2001
Website besuchen
A bad fact we have heard here is that we would have forgotten the american soldiers fallen for the free Europe. That's incredibly false. I can assure you that we criticize a lot the american way of life but there is nothing xenophobic against the americans in the whole, actually the french love americans, perhaps not in a good way.

Smeagol

Re: Lots of Re's: Good point, knucklehead!

hahahaha, yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, that's pretty much how it is. :) They think that a 110-y/o Hitler rules Germany. And that every German goes to work in a horse-drawn carriage wearing full NSDAP-regalia, red armband and all. Oh yes, and you dance around in lederhosen (sp?) all the time and drink bier out of mugs the size of barrels. Ok, maybe that last part is true! :D :D :D

I guess we all have some kind of bad thoughts about other countrys/cultures but we have to know, that there is something more behind this so called "truth"
But about the Bier....that´s true :D:D:D:D:D
Want some?

Der Helm

2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good poin

Originally posted by ShizzoKrause
Disagree with you, the speaker was Göbbels and Hitler was a tactical genious what belongs getting the masses and fighting war - before he got totaly insane...
Hitler = tactical genius ? No way. I know my former occupation far to well to leave that statement uncommented.
You remember that he was just a private "Gefreiter" in WW1 ?
He was already insane when he wrote Mein Kampf

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good point, knuc

And the women. Ah yes, the women!

I´ve found beautiful women in every country I have been to and from most other countrys I met girls here or somewhere else and I can´t remember a country with just ugly girls :D:D:D:D