An open letter to the anti-war crowd

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
This is an excerpt from today's news:
April 9 — Iraqis took to the streets Wednesday to tear down a statue of Saddam Hussein as his regime lost control of Baghdad, three weeks to the day that President Bush launched a war to oust the Iraqi leader.

"I'm 49, but I never lived a single day. Only now will I start living," said Yussuf Abed Kazim, a mosque preacher, as he bashed the statue's pedestal with a sledgehammer, knocking off tile and concrete. "That Saddam Hussein is a murderer and a criminal."

In images showed live across the Arab world, Iraqis danced in the streets, waving rifles, palm fronds and flags, and defaced posters of the longtime Iraqi president.

American troops moving through the Iraqi capital drew instant crowds. One unit was swarmed by cheering Iraqis, with women lifting their babies for the soldiers to kiss. Young men shouted, "Bush No. 1, Bush No. 1."

With the Iraqis themselves cheering in the streets, celebrating the first sweet taste of freedom they've ever known, who are we to question this war? Perhaps the Iraqis WANTED this! If they are happy to see Saddam ousted, then who are the French, the Germans, the Russians, or the Chinese to say that he must be allowed to remain in power?? The people of Iraq certainly were not able to oust him themselves, or it would have been done decades ago.

Where are all of you who people who were saying this war would be a civilian bloodbath? That US and British forces would be carting off tankers full of stolen Iraqi oil? In particular, who was the obnoxious fool on this message board who predicted that Saddam would "kick Bush's ass" ????

Let the Iraqi people decide what is best for the Iraqi people. It seems to me they are already doing so.

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
There's a thing called Revolution, where the people of a country fight to free THEMSELVES from THEIR OWN bad and opressive government.... Most of the time has happened without other countries intermission... :rolleyes:

Duh

Brilliant! I can see you still read a lot of comic books, dumbass.

Go ask the Iraqi Kurds about revolution. Ask them if they've finished counting the over 100,000 that died from Saddam's use of chemical weapons against them. How in the world do you expect poor, untrained, unarmed civilians to even defend themself against (much less defeat) a ruthless dictator armed with tanks, rifles, chemical weapons, and an organized army?

You, sir, are a jackass.

Again I say to you, let the IRAQI people tell you if they are happy about the US effort. Why should your opinion count more than their own? They are the ones suffering at Saddam's feet, and they are the ones longing for freedom.

I'm sorry, but I have to say it again, you are FUCKING STUPID!
Time to move out of mom's basement, sell your comic books, get a girlfriend, and try picking your way through a newspaper once in a while. Fool.

Duh x 2

Another thing, my uneducated, ignorant 'sir'. After the 1991 Gulf War, there WAS an attempted revolution. Until Saddam slaughtered every last person who dared to speak out against him, which is precisely why he must go. The Iraqis are now openly saying that they've lived in fear and oppression under Saddam for 3 decades wanting him gone, but unable to do it themselves. And they dared not act out publicy in support of the US led coalition until they knew it was safe, for fear of reprisals from Saddam later on (if he survives the war).

Go think about it.

Der Helm

W:O:A Metalmaster
2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Re: Duh

Originally posted by metal slut
Brilliant! I can see you still read a lot of comic books, dumbass.

Go ask the Iraqi Kurds about revolution. Ask them if they've finished counting the over 100,000 that died from Saddam's use of chemical weapons against them. How in the world do you expect poor, untrained, unarmed civilians to even defend themself against (much less defeat) a ruthless dictator armed with tanks, rifles, chemical weapons, and an organized army?
You, sir, are a jackass.
Good point, lets talk about the thousands of kurds that died because the United States promised them military and political aid if they join the USA in the first gulf war, I bet they where VERY happy when saddam was NOT banished last time.

btw. still NO proof for weapons of mass destruction.

And about the jackkass comment,
no comment from my side neccesary.

Der Helm

2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Re: Duh x 2

Another thing, my uneducated, ignorant 'sir'. After the 1991 Gulf War, there WAS an attempted revolution. Until Saddam slaughtered every last person who dared to speak out against him, which is precisely why he must go. The Iraqis are now openly saying that they've lived in fear and oppression under Saddam for 3 decades wanting him gone, but unable to do it themselves. And they dared not act out publicy in support of the US led coalition until they knew it was safe, for fear of reprisals from Saddam later on (if he survives the war).

Go think about it.

Oh, one more point, who supported Saddam i the early 80's in his war against the Iran ?

Re: Duh x 2

Go think about it.

*lol*
You are talking about uneducation :D
Every person who is able to think just a little bit knows, that you can´t believe everything that is shown on TV/Newspapers and so on, so think about that there must be a whole load of USA/British view of sight that is shown to us here.
And maybe you could think about why insulin was forbidden to get in Irak after the first war and that because of that thousands of people (mostly children) died of it...

Maybe you should think about being a bit more openminded to see what´s going on in the world and that yours Bush can´t preach his way to everyone on this planet.

Good point, knucklehead!

As for the Kurds, it was NEVER a condition of the Gulf War to get involved in Kurdish independance. The sole objective of that war was to restore Kuwaiti sovreignty by forcing Saddam's forces to retreat to Iraq where they belonged.

You're right, the US supported Saddam over 20 years ago. At the time, no one knew he was going to become a ruthless butcher. When that proved to be the case, the US changed their stance on Saddam, over 15 years ago!!

Question then: Why did the French and Germans change their stance to now SUPPORT Saddam, even as the whole world knows he is a criminal dictator? Boxes and boxes of ammunition and other military supplies, mainly from France, Germany, and Russia have been confiscated since the start of the war. Perhaps THAT is the real reason for their pre-war opposition! They simply didn't want the entire world community to know that they have been secretly aiding Saddam's regime in direct violation of the very UN mandates they helped to create!!! Who are the real hypocrites???

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
The Iraqis wanted saddam out of power. This has happened. The Anti-war people (me included) wanted this as well. Everyone but saddam wanted this.

The difference is that the anti-war people didn't want such a violent solution. I still doubt bombing the fuck out of iraq really did much to help anyone in any way. Saddam's dictatorship wasn't really the sturdiest of all time, now, was it?

I mean, this outcome was obviously gonna happen. The iraqi military is an apple compared to the US. Countries like France and Germany wanted a solution which would spare the lives of hundreds of iraqis and us/brit soldiers.

We cannot forget that America put Saddam there in the first place! The Americans gave all the guns to the Taliban as well, but that is something different.

of course...we're never gonna hear the end of it from america...

the problems we have now is taking care of Iraq.... and now america is REALLY gonna think they can do whatever the fuck they want. Don't forget this war was still against international law.

Der Helm

2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Re: Good point, knucklehead!

[/i]
As for the Kurds, it was NEVER a condition of the Gulf War to get involved in Kurdish independance. The sole objective of that war was to restore Kuwaiti sovreignty by forcing Saddam's forces to retreat to Iraq where they belonged. [/i]
So, why did the United States of A. choose to NOT support the kurds in THEIR struggle ? That might have prevented the use of weapons of massdestrcution in the first place. So the States changed their point of view 15 years ago and decide to put an end to Saddam now ? Why wait 15 years when there are millions of people suffering under a ruthless dictator ??? You see what I am aiming at ???

Question then: Why did the French and Germans change their stance to now SUPPORT Saddam, even as the whole world knows he is a criminal dictator?
[/QUOTE]
About the Ammo and other stuff, I don't think they where send there in the last 15 years. But there might be a black market for arms ?

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Ok... Now I believe you, the holder of the only truth. The light at the end of our ignorance tunnel. The Almighty.

Metal slut I love you, your information, your intelligence, and your good will towards all the people who disagree with you.

*kisses metal slut*

I hope you have find all those hoards of horny metal heads you were looking for before.

Let me tell you something, you've been quite successful when you come here looking for attention

*kisses metal slut again*

Originally posted by Rosk
Ok... Now I believe you, the holder of the only truth. The light at the end of our ignorance tunnel. The Almighty.

Metal slut I love you, your information, your intelligence, and your good will towards all the people who disagree with you.

*kisses metal slut*

I hope you have find all those hoards of horny metal heads you were looking for before.

Let me tell you something, you've been quite successful when you come here looking for attention

*kisses metal slut again*

AMEN my dear 76er Earbleederbrother ;)

Der Helm

2 Nov. 2002
Cologne/Germany
Re: Good point, knucklehead!

Question then: Why did the French and Germans change their stance to now SUPPORT Saddam, even as the whole world knows he is a criminal dictator?
I don't believe I ever heard one word of support for SADDAM from any of the european leaders, they said words like "Iraki People", "Convention of Genf","International Rights", stuff like that. Btw, we understand the difference between the citizens of a country and their Leader, in irak as well as in the U.S.A., do you ???

Re: Re: Good point, knucklehead!

Originally posted by Der Helm
I don't believe I ever heard one word of support for SADDAM from any of the european leaders, they said words like "Iraki People", "Convention of Genf","International Rights", stuff like that. Btw, we understand the difference between the citizens of a country and their Leader, in irak as well as in the U.S.A., do you ???

Seems like you forgot that if you don´t follow Bush, you are against him - he realy told this on tV AND that sluti realy believes everything that is told to him/her by the great leader Mr Bush junior...