• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

tDa

5 Mai 2013
Holy crap!
...yeah, that discomfort thing regarding couchsurfing... it didn't exactly shrink.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Anyone with couchsurfing experience? The above discussion reminded me of the concept, which always intrigued me - yet seemed *ahem* uncomfortable. :p

Should the answer be "yes", please share your experiences, impressions, etc! :)

I haven't (besides with friends from the forum) but I've considered it. I've heard of a similar thing - if you're uncomfortable with the idea of a free night - where people rent out rooms or their entire house/apartment for cheap. Might be worth looking into.

I've only really couch-surfed with friends/people I kinda knew from forums. Only one of them turned out to be a murderer (I wish I was making that up).

:eek: What happened?

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Ok, so if the paperwork has been signed off and what-not, I'll have a reliever next week and we have a name. She's completely brand-new, so training is going to be a lot of fun :rolleyes:

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Hotels are excessive, I'd be doing hostels the entire time. :p And it's impossible to take into account what I'm doing every day, except at festivals, because the rest of the time I'd be travelling entirely on impulse. No plans at all - except for having to be in certain festivals at a certain time. :D

Ah to be young again.. I'm too old and bitchy to have to suffer noisy hostels. I honestly don't know that I am going to even enjoy camping at Wacken but I am going to make my boyfriend happy. To be honest I wanted to get a camper van, at least to have my own secure place. As it is I am probably not going to be getting ANY sleep at all.

We're going for 3 weeks and I think so far we have shelled out about 10k - will be closer to 15 by the time all is said and done I think. That includes everything though... Rail passes, tent rentals and Wacken tickets alone made up about 5k of that. Add another 3k for flights and misc day passes, taxi, admissions to places like the Louvre and Versailles and then another couple grand for food, booze, souvenirs and all those other expenses that just happen to pop up then top it off with hotels for the rest of the time that we aren't at Wacken. I couldn't do it on 10€ / day... not in a million years!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Moien!

You'd think more time during vacation, but in the end I'm busier than normally during a working period. And I do not work for the time being! :D

But Monday was rest. Tuesday to Brussels (exam) and Pairi Daisa (Brugelette/Cambron-Casteau), Wednesday to Morceau-s/Sambre for a (boring) meeting and then up to Bruges (Brugge) and back.

And I haven't stopped this morning either.

Pff :uff:

Next week: Dong. I'm looking forward to that!

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Moien!

You'd think more time during vacation, but in the end I'm busier than normally during a working period. And I do not work for the time being! :D

But Monday was rest. Tuesday to Brussels (exam) and Pairi Daisa (Brugelette/Cambron-Casteau), Wednesday to Morceau-s/Sambre for a (boring) meeting and then up to Bruges (Brugge) and back.

And I haven't stopped this morning either.

Pff :uff:

Next week: Dong. I'm looking forward to that!
'

Wow not kidding! You are a busy guy!

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Ah to be young again.. I'm too old and bitchy to have to suffer noisy hostels. I honestly don't know that I am going to even enjoy camping at Wacken but I am going to make my boyfriend happy. To be honest I wanted to get a camper van, at least to have my own secure place. As it is I am probably not going to be getting ANY sleep at all.

We're going for 3 weeks and I think so far we have shelled out about 10k - will be closer to 15 by the time all is said and done I think. That includes everything though... Rail passes, tent rentals and Wacken tickets alone made up about 5k of that. Add another 3k for flights and misc day passes, taxi, admissions to places like the Louvre and Versailles and then another couple grand for food, booze, souvenirs and all those other expenses that just happen to pop up then top it off with hotels for the rest of the time that we aren't at Wacken. I couldn't do it on 10€ / day... not in a million years!

Haha wow. You and I are completely different when it comes to travelling. :D The Europe trip I was talking about for 2015 will be a three month trip going everywhere. Only at the worst case scenario at 100€ a day with another $3K for the flight and rail pass and another 1K for festival tickets am I spending $15K. :D