THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TheToecutter

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Jan. 2017
I actually can't wait for Wacken. This is how I've been spending my days
1012-come-on.jpg

murmandamus

13 Mai 2017
Any idea how to get to Wacken when the train will arrive on 1st august on 21:10?
one shuttle bus start on 1st but only ride till 17:31 and also what is the ride on demand on 6th of august to return to itzenhoe?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Any idea how to get to Wacken when the train will arrive on 1st august on 21:10?
one shuttle bus start on 1st but only ride till 17:31 and also what is the ride on demand on 6th of august to return to itzenhoe?
If the 14 isn't running anymore, and there's no shuttle (which I doubt, to be honest), there's always a taxi. If you can find people to share a cab with, it' around €10 as well. (provided you have a full cab)
For the return, there is a shuttle on demand, which means, it runs whenever a bus is complete, and the next one will be there as well. That's like a continuous bus shuttle. No worries there.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
It's not weird!
Between 12 and 18h tgere is a bus every 45 minutes.
After that interval, there are 3 buses. One at 20:30, one at 21:30, and the last shuttle bus is at 12:15am!
So... arriving in Itzehoe station at 21:15, means, you have 15 minutes time to change. (And I suspect it'll be waiting for the train from Hamburg)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
I think that's what he meant :D
It can be weirder then!
Try to catch a train from Couvin, or Marienbourg to Charleroi! It is always a direct train. So... so far, so good.
However.... There's NO interval! It runs as it goes! And sometimes it stops at all stations, sometimes only at (starting from Couvin) Marienbourg, Philipville, Walcourt and Charleroi-Sud!
To make it more complicated; the other way around (Charleroi-Sud -> Couvin) has an interval of 1 train per hour!