THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

alemarr

25 Aug. 2016
Hamburg > Wacken: Any people travelling on 31st July 2017??

I'm travelling from Argentina and finding it very difficult to get to Wacken from Hamburg that day.

Any suggestions? Or maybe anyone travelling that same day from Hamburg?

Thanks!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Have you read this thread here? http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=122556

Second, it would be helpful if you could tell us if you arrive at daytime (EU time) or nighttime. If you arrive at night, you'd better find a place to spend the night.
The easiest is, take the S-Bahn (city train from Hamburg Airport to Altona, and then take the REGIONAL train to Westerland (Sylt) and get off at Itzehoe. (info @ www.bahn.com -> choose English, or if available Spanish)
From there, shuttles will run to Wacken.

But there are more possibilities, that I do not know, nor have I tried them. I stick to the train.

But read the The SEMI definive guide to Wacken! (the same link as above!)

Edit Piaf zegt: I integrated the question into the thread I mentioned.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Have you read this thread here? http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=122556

Second, it would be helpful if you could tell us if you arrive at daytime (EU time) or nighttime. If you arrive at night, you'd better find a place to spend the night.
The easiest is, take the S-Bahn (city train from Hamburg Airport to Altona, and then take the REGIONAL train to Westerland (Sylt) and get off at Itzehoe. (info @ www.bahn.com -> choose English, or if available Spanish)
From there, shuttles will run to Wacken.

But there are more possibilities, that I do not know, nor have I tried them. I stick to the train.

But read the The SEMI definive guide to Wacken! (the same link as above!)

Edit Piaf zegt: I integrated the question into the thread I mentioned.

an spanish version is available over here: https://www.bahn.com/es/view/index.shtml

Dimes

7 Feb. 2017
Greetings! Is there a way to safely store somewhere my expensive DSLR camera I'm bringing with me? I`ll need it before and after WOA.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
There are lockers in the big Hamburg stations (Altona and Main / Hbf). But you need to check how long you can keep it there. Otherwise the lockers in the festival itself. Look at the website for the price.

Andrei

W:O:A Metalhead
21 März 2013
We are planning to rent a car from Hamburg airport on Thursday, and arrive at the festival area around 12.00
Is there a huge traffic jam expected on the entrance at this time?
Since we arrive quite late, will we definitely stay far away from the Infield area?
Since the non-car parking area is quite close to the festival entrance and the Wacken village itself, might it just be better to come to the festival with a shuttle to avoid all the possible problems?

Thanks for any feedback and comments in advance!

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
We are planning to rent a car from Hamburg airport on Thursday, and arrive at the festival area around 12.00
1. Is there a huge traffic jam expected on the entrance at this time?
2. Since we arrive quite late, will we definitely stay far away from the Infield area?
3. Since the non-car parking area is quite close to the festival entrance and the Wacken village itself, might it just be better to come to the festival with a shuttle to avoid all the possible problems?

1. no
2. yes
3. if you come by plane I wouldn't botter renting a car for the festival.

May I ask why you are arriving on thursday? You'll missa lot of the fun. and also quite a lot of bands.

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Is there a huge traffic jam expected on the entrance at this time?
Since we arrive quite late, will we definitely stay far away from the Infield area?
Since the non-car parking area is quite close to the festival entrance and the Wacken village itself, might it just be better to come to the festival with a shuttle to avoid all the possible problems?

I agree with agresionpower, it'll be easier without a car. :) If you arrive without a car, you could find a spot closer to the infield, depending on how big your group is (max 5 I assume?).

And also like ap said, you'll miss a lot of fun stuff by arriving on thursday (for example metal battle bands on wednesday!), but of course if you have booked your tickets already, you can't really change the plans anymore. :)

Andrei

21 März 2013
Thank you for the replies!

We arrive on Thursday, since it is quite an effort to convince my friends to come for 3 days xD. And yeah, the tickets for the plane are bought.
The car was planned to be used to help bring us to the camping area, and on the way to festival it would be great to visit some supermarket :D

There is also an option to leave the car at the camping, and move tents to a different place...

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Thank you for the replies!

We arrive on Thursday, since it is quite an effort to convince my friends to come for 3 days xD. And yeah, the tickets for the plane are bought.
The car was planned to be used to help bring us to the camping area, and on the way to festival it would be great to visit some supermarket :D

There is also an option to leave the car at the camping, and move tents to a different place...

the supermarket in wacken is at walking distance from the tent only camp.

parking your car somewhere and then moving your tents somewhere else doesn't really sound like a viable option.
since there won't be space closer to the festival besides the tent only camp. and in that case you better just come with public transport.

Andrei

21 März 2013
Or you can just leave people to set up tents and bring boxes with beer to the tent only area, while parking in the regular camping ground.
Faster, more versatile and even cheaper than the public transport xD.