Gay metalheads @ Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Mind

9 Juni 2009
ROFL :D :D

You´re so damned right!!! But that´s the same to us hetero girls. I guess I don´t need to explain any further WHAT kind of guy we both think of...

At least you have a decent selection of ... I would say... targets to give one’s eyes a rest...
What is the female-male ratio on metal festivals? Something like 20-80 or even lower?

In my opinion it doesn't matter if someone is gay. I go to Wacken to have a great time and to meet a bunch of new people, the more different they are the better. I love Wacken for its internationality, people come from all other countrys and we all have the same love for metal in our hearts.
The last thing I care about when drinking with someone are his sexual preferences.
And as you, Weeping Willow, said: "You would not guess I was gay if I was standing next to you, trust me.". If it came up in a conversation, it would just be a topic to talk about.

... my english is a bit rusty, i should use it more often.

Weeping Willow, i really admire you courage!

i have nothing against homesexuality as long as i am respected, but that works for everything..

i respect everybody that respects me

good luck! \mm/

I agree, I think the same

I'm against of any kind of discrimination measure, (gender, race, nationality, colour skin, religion, sexual preferences)

Reiji

21 Juli 2009
Netherlands
Weeping Willy@

Well i'm self bi (but even i have Boyfriend).
The most people that are talking here are right, just be yourself.

My bf goes already 3 years to wacken and this year is mine first time.

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
i am descriminated to, not because of my sexual orientation, but the way i look
you know, the metal stuff, long hair, boots, crazy t shirts, and people talk shit on my back. you know what? fuck them! i am a metal fan! i was born to be wild and free! fuck society rules!!!

you know, the metal stuff, long hair, boots, crazy t shirts, and people talk shit on my back. you know what? fuck them! i am a metal fan! i was born to be wild and free! fuck society rules!!!

I understand you..
Something like that happens to me, here in Mexico mostly people are so close about it, I'm forced to have short hair, and wearing normal clothes. Because if I dress like a metalhead.. I lost my job :(
and would be hard to find a new job, dressing like metalhead :(

Im only dress like Metalhead in my free time or when Im go to concerts or festivals :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

Nothing new.

And especially if you have a disabillity like me. (sighted)

But I don't care.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com

but also not the same.

Imho it is not the same if you get discriminated for something you choose to getting discriminated for something you do not choose.

If you are going (example) to a bar where the doorguy says you can not enter because of you clothes, doesnt that mean you are wanting to go to the wrong kind of bar in the first place?
You have the choice of wearing those clothes. And a risk of people thinking weird stuff about it.
Metal is a wanting-to-shock-kinda-genre and people who are not used to that could easily be turned off by that kind of stuff.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
but also not the same.

Imho it is not the same if you get discriminated for something you choose to getting discriminated for something you do not choose.

If you are going (example) to a bar where the doorguy says you can not enter because of you clothes, doesnt that mean you are wanting to go to the wrong kind of bar in the first place?
You have the choice of wearing those clothes. And a risk of people thinking weird stuff about it.
Metal is a wanting-to-shock-kinda-genre and people who are not used to that could easily be turned off by that kind of stuff.

True. I have to agree on that one.

L

Lord Soth

but also not the same.

I understand you..
Something like that happens to me, here in Mexico mostly people are so close about it, I'm forced to have short hair, and wearing normal clothes. Because if I dress like a metalhead.. I lost my job :(
and would be hard to find a new job, dressing like metalhead :(

Im only dress like Metalhead in my free time or when Im go to concerts or festivals :D

Well, the same goes for about almost every job, don't you think? AAMOF there's almost no job, where you can wear want you want to (uniforms, working clothes, safety issues, etc.). Long hair for males is another issue, either you work in the blue collar section (handicrafts...) or in the white collar section, where this is mostly forbidden out of tradition, company image, etc. - ppl. do not trust other males with long hair, for example in a bank, they're kinda old fashioned, but that's the way it is. Either you bow to those rules and stick to dressing alternatively in your free time, or you might not get a job at all.

Even quite harmless (by our standards) shirts might offend others at your job who are not familiar with this subculture or even afraid of "us", or have prejudices without knowing why. Or it is simply a matter of company appearance towards customers who might turn away if someone dressed like a hellroadie (even if he had nice manners) would serve them.

Luckily Metal is not only defined by outward appearance but mainly by a way of thinking - and this no company or individual can forbid you. ;)