Gay metalheads @ Wacken?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Talk" wurde erstellt von Weeping Willow, 19. Juli 2009.

1. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

Unfortunately he's gone again.
    And this thread is from 2009, I might consider closing it. Even though I could harm the serious discussion about gay metalheads. Hard choice.

2. agresionpower

agresionpower W:O:A Metalgod

gone again as in removed because he's a spambot? :p
    if not, I'd leave it open.

3. Quark

Removed by my "boss", because he was annoying us on the German side.

4. agresionpower

annoying you in what way?

5. Quark

Me? Not me.
    He was trolling. And I had to remove a nazi like post of him. But that's all I could do.

6. agresionpower

ah, good riddance than!

thesubtleknife gefällt das.
  7. untilthelight

untilthelight Newbie

Sorry if this post notification got your hopes up, I'm straight - despite the fact that my avatar may suggest otherwise :p I just wanted to comment on a few things you wrote. "...will never become kvlt and grim because of this"

Excuse me Sir, but you do know who the headliner this year is? Judas fucking Priest. That's right, the metal God himself. And he's gay. Your statement is invalid!

"...I can't be the only one, right?"

Amongst 80k people, I seriously doubt that you are! But like you said, we'd never guess that you were gay if we stood next to you. So that probably goes for the rest of the gays at Wacken, I bet they're not wearing pink and carrying man-purses :p

While we're on the subject, me and my friend you'd probably never guess were metalheads. We don't wear denim vests with bandpatches, have long hair and wear army-boots. Will we be frowned upon unless we suit up in KVLT clothing? lol

Heavy metal thunder und threshold gefällt das.
  8. threshold

threshold Member

I'd never have guessed there's a topic like this, as I've never read in this room before.
    As this seems to be so extraordinary: I am a gay man. And I've been to the last 7 Wacken festivals with my husband ( OK, we only married November 2015, but we've been together and together at Wacken before.)
    We are openly gay. This doesn't mean we'd behave in very strange gay ways ( is it we should? ;) ) , but it means, you may already have seen us holding hands while watching a great performance, like Dimmu this year, or kissing each other at Knorkator to "Wir werden alle sterben" - or shouting loudly "Schatz" ( this is "darling" ) from a distance to each other to get the attention of the beloved at some random nice band when we get out of touch.
    We don't look gay ( concerning common prejudices) of course (most gays don't btw) . But there is no doubt we +behave+ gay at times.
    I've never ever experienced +as+ much as even a weird look by *anybody* during all these years. So I would have +always+ voted for the Metal scene to be +as+ gay-friendly as you can imagine.
    Maybe to the wrong.
    If you are scared to come-out to your own metal friends, my personal vote would thus always be: "Just do it."
    Actually we are in a camp with heterosexuals, and we have always been out to them. At times they even become cuddly and teasy when we are very drunk. Never ever have I heard a single unfriendly word - OK, we got our fair share of random gay jokes, but this is very much OK with me.;)
    So: I hope you find some courage in your heart to come out to your metal friends soon - it won't hurt so much.
    This text was written to:

threshold

9. Quark

Why shouldn't there be gay metalheads? I mean, it's just a (small) reflection of society. And honestly, I don't care what someone is. As long as they're happy about it, it's fine.

SchwarzerKaffee und Lokilein gefällt das.

Diese Seite empfehlen