Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

HellGoesOn

15 Mai 2009
Passau
I'm reading this forum now since over 3 years and never felt like writing something because everything was fine. Now, its not.
Why are there even more crappy medieval bands (Rabenschrey, Feuerschwanz) anounced, after already getting In Extremo, Subway to Sally and Schandmaul into the billing?
This is a metal festival so whats the matter with all this medieval crap?!

Neilpeart1

11 Mai 2009
I'm reading this forum now since over 3 years and never felt like writing something because everything was fine. Now, its not.
Why are there even more crappy medieval bands (Rabenschrey, Feuerschwanz) anounced, after already getting In Extremo, Subway to Sally and Schandmaul into the billing?
This is a metal festival so whats the matter with all this medieval crap?!

It's just cool, medieval is a part of the metal scene, so accept it or beat it !

Next !

FlauschiHasi

W:O:A Metalhead
18 Okt. 2008
bayern D;
so I've gone through the billing one more time and.. it's ok. There are more bands that I want to see than I'll probably be able to see, so I'm quite satisfied.
But there certainly are too much bagpipe-bands like subway, schandmaul etc. So one more real BIG thrash /death/black metal band would be really great.

<bitching>
Oh yeah and there are 3 bands which really piss me off and I think none of them should play at a Festival like Wacken.
</bitching>

<<we are happy to announce the next big block with confirmed bands:
VICTIMS OF MADNESS, 5th AVENUE (a band of the first hour), THE WALTONS (on board since the beginnings as well), DRONE, BLOODWORK, RETROSPECT, BAI BANG and UK SUBS (played both at the W:O:A in 1994), INSIDIOUS DESEASE, THE FADING (winner of Metal Battle 2008), NERVECELL, TORMENT (with anniversary-show), RABENSCHREY and FEUERSCHWANZ. >>

One question: who they are???!!

L

Lord Soth

VICTIMS OF MADNESS, 5th AVENUE (a band of the first hour), THE WALTONS (on board since the beginnings as well), DRONE, BLOODWORK, RETROSPECT, BAI BANG and UK SUBS (played both at the W:O:A in 1994), INSIDIOUS DESEASE, THE FADING (winner of Metal Battle 2008), NERVECELL, TORMENT (with anniversary-show), RABENSCHREY and FEUERSCHWANZ. >>

In times of internet, youtube, google and numerous other sites to inform oneself about bands and even to listen to them this question seems quite out of place.:o;)

Just have a look. At least UK Subs, and (if you are not a WOA newbie) Victims of Madness should be known, if only their names....:)

baci

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Aug. 2007
Hamburg

maybe you should have a look at the wacken history page.

DrunkGromit

22 Jan. 2009
Many bands were already self confirmed but for Nervecell and Insidious Desease it's good to see them officially confirmed.

I understand HeavyMezza89s' point, beacause if you don't know some bands like Victims of Madness, 5th Avenue, The Waltons by wacken history it's quitte hard to get some informations about them since I can't find their myspace or their pages on webzines have a look on wacken history page only shows which years they played at Wacken you can't do anything with that to say if these are great announcement for you or not ^^'

grandbernan

29 März 2009
Canada
www.myspace.com
As a primary fan of Death Metal, I am really excited to see Nervecell and Insidious Disease announced for the billing. It is a sort of redemption for Wacken, if at all. There are definitly a lot of bands I will watch, and great acts like Motorhead, Napalm Death and Thin Lizzy really are helping to round out this billing...but seriously, its still like management is really beating around the bush here not getting the real 'best' bands from the past 20 years!!

maybe you should have a look at the wacken history page.
I don't need to have a look a the wacken history page because it's already written in the announcement the years in which these bands have played in Wacken.. (except for Nervecell and Insidious Disease that I know).. but, seriously, are they ''big names''??!! Or are you simply happy to see them only because ''they have played a lot of times or many years ago'' at Wacken?