THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

MBH

18 Nov. 2008
Denmark
I got lost. Much :D Think our camp was i area R. It can take a lost of time to reach the scenes . And non of us could deutch, so hands is great to have :D

VENO

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Ehe I believe you. I can do enough Deutsch to survive, but still it'll be useless. Let's see how it goes :D I even have friends who only found their tent aqfter the festival!!! :eek: VIVA LA DRUNKNESS!!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
One thing I thought about for next year was taking a small compass.

You can see the Wacken tower next to the arena from absolutely everywhere. So knowing the rough direction to and from this tower to your tent has to be helpful.

Maybe this is a bit over the top!!

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
Camping

I have another question. We get to Germany this year on the Tuesday before Wacken. If we arrive then, will they allow us to camp?. Otherwise we will have to find a hostel in Hamburg.

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
I remember the train was pretty packed with people going to Wacken on Tuesday. We stayed in Itzehoe on Tuesday which turned out to be a great great idea.

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
We reserved a taxi on Tuesday at the desk for a pick up time of 8 am on Wed. Unlike here in the US they actually are on time, including the trains and buses. He took a bunch of side roads from the hotel and we were at wacken in 15 minutes, probably a few minutes less then 15. For the 3 of us it was 35 Euro. It was a good idea for my first Wacken and I would definetly do it again,taking the stress out of grabbing the shuttle and sitting in traffic.

metal_martin

16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
We reserved a taxi on Tuesday at the desk for a pick up time of 8 am on Wed. Unlike here in the US they actually are on time, including the trains and buses. He took a bunch of side roads from the hotel and we were at wacken in 15 minutes, probably a few minutes less then 15. For the 3 of us it was 35 Euro. It was a good idea for my first Wacken and I would definetly do it again,taking the stress out of grabbing the shuttle and sitting in traffic.

35 Euro each? Where was this from and to. This seems like a sensible suggestion.

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
It was 35 Euro's for the 3 of us combined from the hotel Mercure and dropped us off right at the front of the fest area where the buses load and unload. I am sure its more if you get a taxi right at the train station.

The Rockit's

6 Jan. 2008
New England Sea Coast
From the Itzhoe train station directly to the Campground A Entrance... 30 Euros. We got to Itzhoe around 8:30 PM Wednesday. It was a lot easier to grab a cab than to wait in line for the buses.

As far as trying to get to and from our camp. We walked in to campground A and immediately took a right. We ended up next to the path on the edge. There was a good 5 yards between us and the fence next to the corn field. Someone said "don't camp too close to the fences" because they become a men's toilette. But it wasn't bad where we were. :D There was a young woman crying half the night somewhere near the fence. Other than that it was fairly peaceful.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

rice

11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
camp

never been before but looking at that overall sky shot of Wacken, that IS the campsite in the back of the main fest area correct? or is that just a parking lot? I cant tell. If not how far away is the camp area located?:confused:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
never been before but looking at that overall sky shot of Wacken, that IS the campsite in the back of the main fest area correct? or is that just a parking lot? I cant tell. If not how far away is the camp area located?:confused:

if arriving early enough you may get to camp within 2 minutes walking distance of the festival area.

if arriving late you may need to walk for perhaps 15 minutes

The camping area does spread out from right by the festival area, mroe or less, and onwards very very long

say about 80,000 ppl camping, and a lot of them has campers, cars, tents, party pavillions etc