THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

stachelmohn

W:O:A Metalhead
16 Juli 2008
Hedwich Holzbein
Yeah but cheaper than train. And when I wrote that I didn't know that there are trains that go from Altona to Itzehoe without changing.
I thought it might be better than getting lost in Hamburgs subway-stations. Just wanted to be helpful. *shrug*

Edit: and there are NO long ways here, Northern Germany is ***ing tiny.

slayerofrage

26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
Yeah but cheaper than train. And when I wrote that I didn't know that there are trains that go from Altona to Itzehoe without changing.
I thought it might be better than getting lost in Hamburgs subway-stations. Just wanted to be helpful. *shrug*

Edit: and there are NO long ways here, Northern Germany is ***ing tiny.

Its hard to get lost on the U Bahn or S Bahn most trains go from Hauptbahnof to Altona, There is a big circle line!!

The train is dirt cheap it's about 10 euros from altona to itzehoe, the bus from the flugahaffen (airport) is only 5 euro..

Kiel is a way out from wacken.

Sam Przyborowski

2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
The easiest way to Altona from the airport is take the Jasper Airport Express bus (About €5) to Hauptbahnof (central station). From there, there is a U-Bahn right next to the stop just get off the bus walk ahead and go down the steps I think it's U3 that goes to altona.

Theres also a shuttle bus, I believe that drops you off at Ohlsdorf, from there you can get on the train to the Hauptbahnof or wherever you need to go.

slayerofrage

26 Juli 2006
Stockport
www.isitbeeroclock.com
Theres also a shuttle bus, I believe that drops you off at Ohlsdorf, from there you can get on the train to the Hauptbahnof or wherever you need to go.

aye you can get that one as well, but I always recomend newbies get the Jasper bus to hamburg as its easy.

Ohlsdorf route can be quite complex for people who have never been to wacken hamburg or germany before lol

Sam Przyborowski

2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I'm a bit apprehensive as my mate has seemingly pulled out at the last minute and I'll be traversing my way to Hamburg on my own. But its pretty simple so I shouldn't be.

Once I get to Hamburg I just need to find the hotel and meet up with some mate in the pub and normal service will be resumed.

Sinders

10 Juni 2008
Australia
www.myspace.com
Thanks again for the help.

Turns out the Metaltravel guys did email me after my first request, but I didn't get the email. So I have got my full travel arrangements booked. Didn't have to shout at anyone, didn't have to use my very limited knowledge of German to book trains or anything.

Very happy.:D:D:D

Especially since last year it took us almost 24 hours to get to Wacken from Edinburgh.

Once again, thanks to all who helped, and especially to Quark for being such a fountain of knowledge and good advice.

(Urgh, did I just use smileys? I'm going home.)

Hey !! I am in Bremen now, but no one here at the station knows where at the hbf the wacken shuttle bus leaves from (for tomorrow)!! arrrggghh!!

Can anyone help?? When i get off here i´ll go and ask some more questions and have more of a look around. My ph no is +61 438 173 833 if anyone can msg me which area or platform the bus leaves from. I dont want to miss it!!

The Rockit's

6 Jan. 2008
New England Sea Coast
I'll say it here too.

I can't thank you all enough for the most EXCELLENT guide and tips for Wacken!! We just got home from our two week extravaganza.

We actually decided to take a cab from Itzhoe to Wacken. Some very nice young German men assisted in the verbage. :D

A) Toilet paper!!! Carried it around all festival. Came in handy in a number of situations. heheh!

B) Flashlight!!

C) BOOTS! I brought my motorcycle boots - even tho they were a bit toasty in the heat it was nice having a 2 inch thick heal and soul whilst walking at night and then in the mud on Friday.

We ducked out on Saturday early evening. As we say... We made our exodus after Exodus, before the mass exodus! Heard the scene can be insane on Sunday so decided to find a hotel and shower in Hamburg Saturday night. Had dinner at the Block House. Delicious!

I have to say, we LOVED Germany. Heidelberg was incredible. Saw a few Wacken-folks bopping around. Also saw a few at the the Giger Museum in Gruyere (Switzerland).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
The Jasper shuttle bus from Hamburg airport was awesome. We took the train from the main station and transfered at Elmstrom to get to Itzehoe.

VENO

12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
My biggest fear is to get lost inside the camping area, it has happened in a pretty much smaller festival... so things like that are expected, i hope the wacken boogie man doesnt get me :D maybe I shoud buy a bright pink tent or some silly color :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
My biggest fear is to get lost inside the camping area, it has happened in a pretty much smaller festival... so things like that are expected, i hope the wacken boogie man doesnt get me :D maybe I shoud buy a bright pink tent or some silly color :D

There are maps everywhere.I got lost on the 1st day there till I studied that map.

And there are stewards everywhere (at least, the 1st day)

Only condition: you must see good. If not, like me, you'll definitely get lost. :D