Your thoughts about Bush!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Hi all,

I have to write an essay for a college course about how Bush's foreign policy has affected U.S. relations with Europe. I was hoping some of you could share your thoughts about what you think of him, his actions in Iraq, his public image, and how he has changed your view of the United States and Americans as a people.

I'm just looking for some quotable material, and thought maybe my WOA forum friends could help! :) If you have anything to share, even just a sentence or two, I'd really appreciate it! Feel free to be offensive if you feel that way. Please post here or email me at scotty@wacken.us

And can anyone post this in the German forum? Thanks!!

calonderiel

W:O:A Metalhead
8 Jan. 2003
Near Paris, France
Website besuchen
Well, I can't really say his actions have changed my views of the americans in general, they're not responsible for his being a total ass, and since the last french elections, I know for a fact sometimes you've got no choice as to whom you're going to vote for...

As for him, well he's the greatest ass this sad world has ever been at the command of the world (because le's face it, it's the truth).
The fact that rattles the most imho is that although the high and mighty of the world spend their time talking about laws and respecting them, the US (and Bush) are the first to break them.

The US clammored for an UN action against Irak because they allegedly possessed mass destruction weapons (we still need to see those). The biggest and first possesser of mass destruction weapons in the world is the US. That shows a lot. Do what I say, not what I do.

Secondly, Bush also tried to justify his action by saying Saddam Hussein was violating UN decision by refusing the inspectors. But when UN refused, Bush still went on and attacked Irak. So much for respecting UN decision.

According to Bush own action, by possessing, for a sure thing in this case, mass destruction weapon and for violating UN decision by attacking a country, the world should be attacking the US.

It's not. So, not only is Bush a bloody warmonger, but he puts the whole UN to shame by showing it's just a puppet organization.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Awesome! That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for! Thanks so much, calon!!

And I'd agree - being the most heavily armed country in the world is a position of great responsibility, it shouldn't be used to bully other countries around.

I'm writing about how Bush hasn't really screwed up foreign policy by accident - he's deliberately ignored what the rest of the world thinks. Just looking for some ideas for points to bring up.

Anyhow, thanks again for the input!!

Anyone else? :)

Total agrre with calonderiel!!!

But there are some more big points AGAINST this asshole of a president you have.

His politics of the emission from the factories. Almost every country signed to stop the polution of the world but he broke it afterwards, because it´s cheaper that way they work now and the rest of the world produces in a more expensive way. Especialy in the "heavy-industrie"

The taxes he put on European steel, to get the US steel again as konkurrence on the worldmarket - that´forbidden and he gives a shit!

Before he came president, he NEVER came out of the states.

All that and more shows, that he gives a shit about the rest of the world and that he wants to spread the importance of the states much more. This is so fucking dangerous and I hope that you US people (I know there can´t just be 230 mio idiots) shows him that you dislike that and you choose someone else next election.

Sorry for my bad english, but I´m still half-sleeping ;)

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Sure. For me, Mr. Bush has mostly been a concern of great sadness. I spent much time in America, my father used to do business there, and I think its an awesome, beautiful and wondurful country. I also like a lot of the people, I like the mixture and the fact that you can find the whole world in one country. I think I met the most intelligent people in the US.
So what exactly have you been doing? Voting for this obviously incompetent person? And why the total confrontation with the world, why is the UN seen as sth bad, why not accept one treaty that invests in the future? The message is sad for countries like France and Germany - it is basically that the most powerful nation in the world is not a force of good, or even logic, to reckon with. We'd need a very democratic, liberal and freedom-loving America right now, and we get an egocentric, childish, dumb-asshole kind of America.
Why is your country getting more and more conservative? How can someone like Ashcroft happen in a democratic state in the 21st century? Why does anyone listen to people like him? Why does anyone listen to creationism-advocators for that matter?

I'll do a translated version of this thread in the german forum later.

Supercharger

26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
First of all..America as a whole can't be blamed for the actions of one particulair government. The sad thing is that somebody with the biggest budget wins the elections and not the most competent person. The candidate who controls the airwaves useally wins. It's all about physical appearance and not about political sound ideas and a good policital program with vision. And I think is very naive of the Bush administration to believe that everything can be solved with American might and weapons and that's the case. What's a militairy victory worth when it can't be cashed in at the negotation table? I just hope that the American people will use their heads and make sure that Bush won't win the coming elections. That would be catastrophic for the world and the US itself.

dh|away

4 Dez. 2002
ostfriesland/eastfrisia
Website besuchen
i don't like the politics of the us government and it's stupid dictator...sorry leader... george w. [the "w" in my name stands for victory *lol*] bush. :(

he doesn't know how to spell the word "politics"!!!!!!!
he's just a little queer farmerboy from texas who has to end daddy's incomplete wargame...

he doesn't know anything about economics...
"oh yes, put taxes on german steel... fuck the
free market economy... and fuck the rules of the
WTO... i'm the law, because i'm the dictator of the world... everybody who doesn't accept what the usa wants to do is our enemy... and must be destroyed..."

he's a friend of war like saddam, bin laden and
all the other sick terrorists in the world... don't
elect him (again) ;) next year...

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
Originally posted by Supercharger
First of all..America as a whole can't be blamed for the actions of one particulair government. The sad thing is that somebody with the biggest budget wins the elections and not the most competent person. The candidate who controls the airwaves useally wins. It's all about physical appearance and not about political sound ideas and a good policital program with vision. And I think is very naive of the Bush administration to believe that everything can be solved with American might and weapons and that's the case. What's a militairy victory worth when it can't be cashed in at the negotation table? I just hope that the American people will use their heads and make sure that Bush won't win the coming elections. That would be catastrophic for the world and the US itself.

I couldn't agree more brah

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Everything about Dubya is nauseating. From the way he got elected to the way he kills indiscriminately for oil control. The way he ignores international treaties. The way he's re-introduced the flag-waving hate-mongering. The way he actively supports the right-wing christian lunatic fringe. The way he invades sovereign states on the grounds of his own pampered intelligence reports. The way he bombs Afghanistan and Iraq to oblivion while Saudi Arabia is seen as an ally. The way he vetos resolutions against the oppression of Israel in the U.N. The way the same occupying state is getting billions of dollars in military support. The way he's cutting schooling and welfare funding to facilitate tax cuts for the rich. The way he's keeping foreign citizens in concentration camps in Cuba without them being charged with anything. The way he's gotten the country to support him in anything he does, by scaring them, Goebbels-stylee. The way he's introduced the Patriot Act, SS-stylee.

I really could go on for hours. The antipathies of mine extend to Rumsfeld, Fleischer, Cheney and Rice, btw.

Zarborg

The threat is old, but I'll reply anywway, because some of what mugabe and Supercharger remember me a conference on anti-americanism I have seen one month ago by a political science teacher of the State U of massachusset (not a big and important university, anyway). First, we have said that the people are not there gouvernement. It's not because Bush is a shit that every american is shit.
Second, the reason why a lot of people is angry against americain, is because they have the power (economics, politics, military) to stop every problem in the world; world stavartion, war, polutions, etc. But they do nothing to stop it. If Bush wan Sharon to sign a peace treaty with palestinian, he just call him and said : You sign the fucking paper or I'll stop sending you money and I'll not protect you anymore at the UN. This just a example that a war that the americain can stop is they wan. The price of the war in Irak is enough to feed Africa for a lot of year. The year against terrorist cost 365 billion by year, and the US give 500 million by year against AIDS. A half day of war against terrorist and AIDS kill a lot more of terrorist, but terrorist kill americain and AIDS africain.
I can got on for a lot more, but I think you get the point : The US can make this planet a perfect world, but they're to selfish to do it.

p.s. Sorry for my crap english

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Zarborg

Originally posted by Hammered_gods
Dont forget that there must be war, suffering and so on, cuz otherwise the planet will be soon overpopulated. And that will cause another wars and you know, people are born to suffer and die...

Stop reading Nietzsche :p
In a way you're maybe right (but they're still room for a lot of people), but I don't think that the US gouvernement think of that when the decide to kill innocent people