W T FFFFFFFF.......

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

LaAuryn

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Dez. 2008
Italy
italian films seem to disagree. :confused: I suppose I meant the italien version of the word?

well, it's also the romanised japanese version as well, so i'm safe :D

yes, i really think so o_O 'zombie' comes from foreing languages, maybe 'zombie' is an adaptation for the pronunciation

In italian zombie is 'morto vivente' (literally: living dead)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
I realize this can be a touchy subject. While i personally disregard all religion I dont mean to offend anyone and their beliefs.
In the US the heavy right wing (very Christian) side is always advocating arguments against music among other things and especially rock and metal. Then i see Christian DEATH metal bands, same everything just different lyrics which are in favor of religion, then it is "ok" in their eyes while everything else is shit.

Lady_Wolf

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
but if anybody here knows enough christian bands, it is her..

I really do not care about the "religion"
I always use the band Falconer as an example, they have songs which involve God, but also song about "the gods" I think they just use the thing that sounds the best.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Somehow I miss Kris in this discussion

I was thinking the same :p But she probably thinks that we know her oppinion on that anyways

I actually think she hasn't been online since this thread started... ;)

*hrhr* :D

Nothing against her, but would give a interesting opinion about it ;)

lol, thanks guys :D

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
well basically I can agree with Zombi on most of this... you just can't generalize all Christians or on the other hand, all kinds of metal.
I'm both a very dedicated Christian... specifically Mormon... and a metalhead.
my religion comes first... sooo I use my beliefs to judge what metal I listen to.
but anyway... metal is an extremely diverse kind of music, sooo why not include Christian metal?
yea, there are some Christian churches that condemn metal and rock and whatever, but not all. which is in itself generalizing, because there's plenty of good metal even outside Christian metal. but some churches fail to see that... as you've said... they'll just tell off anything that they think is 'bad' or 'evil', when it's just not that black and white. which is why even I have a problem with that kind of thinking... but anyway, not the point.
it's not like the churches are changing their mind or anything... some still generalize. it's the people that know better that are forming these bands... that know metal and Christianity aren't complete opposites and can be combined. the existence Christian black metal isn't hypocrisy, it's more of a sign that both Christians and metalheads are starting to see outside their little holes.
and as for why to combine them... well, because we love both our religion and metal. they're both a huge part of my life, sooo of course we're going to figure out a way to make it work sooo we don't have to give up either. it may require sacrifice on the metal end... at least for me... but it's a lot better than saying 'screw it' and giving it up completely. I don't have to choose one or the other... I get both. and it's amazing. :]

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
well basically I can agree with Zombi on most of this... you just can't generalize all Christians or on the other hand, all kinds of metal.
I'm both a very dedicated Christian... specifically Mormon... and a metalhead.
my religion comes first... sooo I use my beliefs to judge what metal I listen to.
but anyway... metal is an extremely diverse kind of music, sooo why not include Christian metal?
yea, there are some Christian churches that condemn metal and rock and whatever, but not all. which is in itself generalizing, because there's plenty of good metal even outside Christian metal. but some churches fail to see that... as you've said... they'll just tell off anything that they think is 'bad' or 'evil', when it's just not that black and white. which is why even I have a problem with that kind of thinking... but anyway, not the point.
it's not like the churches are changing their mind or anything... some still generalize. it's the people that know better that are forming these bands... that know metal and Christianity aren't complete opposites and can be combined. the existence Christian black metal isn't hypocrisy, it's more of a sign that both Christians and metalheads are starting to see outside their little holes.
and as for why to combine them... well, because we love both our religion and metal. they're both a huge part of my life, sooo of course we're going to figure out a way to make it work sooo we don't have to give up either. it may require sacrifice on the metal end... at least for me... but it's a lot better than saying 'screw it' and giving it up completely. I don't have to choose one or the other... I get both. and it's amazing. :]

Well said!
² (a big one)