Virus spreadin..

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

blasht

26 Apr. 2009
Does anyone know what the chances of Wacken being cancelled due to this new virus spreading are? If countries have to close airports most people wont be able to make it.. and I know that it was almost cancelled a few years ago from the foot and mouth disease. Anyone know anything about this?

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Honestly, I don't think this will be as big of a deal as people think it will. Remember a couple years ago when everybody was going crazy talking about the Avian flu? It never spread as far or as fast as people thought of it.

Sure, this might be a problem if governments don't secure boarders and such, but Mexico seems to be handling it very well as it stands and from what I've seen America is too with quarantining.

Odds are it'll be gone by then anyways; these sorts of things don't usually last months.

I don't think that this new virus becomes a pandemic, here in Mexico the problem is in the center of the country, to be exact in Mexico City and some states near it. 80 people have died by the virus :(

But the goverment took many measures, stadiums, concerts, theaters, cinemas, places of agglomerations were suspended, schools are closed and return to class until may 6th, also the goverment has published many preventive measures and information in the media.

I live 1000 kms to the north from Mexico City, and 100 kms to the border with Texas, here we have take some preventive measures, although even here it is not a problem....yet, in fact, i went to McAllen Texas this weekend, and i had not any problem to cross the border

I hope this ends soon.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I guess we'll see in a few days I guess.
but yeah if this think goes global festivals might suffer from it.
but nothing to do about it.

but lets first wait before jumping to conclusions people ;)

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
I was short before to ask the same question....
That maybe such mass events would be cancelled, cause of
the disease....

But lets wait...

more then 100 people died already and it's in the US and canada too, so looks like we're not going to stop this flu this easily.
but still it's only know for a few days yet, I think next week we can tell more.. if we didn't all die of it yet :p

FromTheToedden

15 Mai 2007
Wald von Dunwyn
more then 100 people died already and it's in the US and canada too, so looks like we're not going to stop this flu this easily.
but still it's only know for a few days yet, I think next week we can tell more.. if we didn't all die of it yet :p

And we are in the critical age...

But on the other hand they told in the news, that they can handle
the virus with standard flu drugs.

Deathbringer

13 März 2009
Massachusetts
Well, on the bright side, everything I've heard says the people who do get this flu don't have it badly unless they had direct contact with a source. As it spreads from person to person it appears to get weaker.

Mexico has it bad because Mexico City indeed was the epicenter. As it spreads, nobody is getting seriously ill. The people who have it here, which is only like 15, are all recovering well and aren't doing as badly as those in Mexico did.

It might reach a global scale, but I doubt it's going to last much longer with a high severity.

Sipyloidea

19 März 2007
Just heard that there's three new cases of the virus in Germany/Nordrhein westfalen :eek: