Virus spreadin..

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

moonwort

23 Juni 2008
Cumbria. uk
Don't worry too much, you know what modern media is like, they have to fill the 24 hours news shows with something, and they just pick something and then cause blind panic among the general population. worry about it if you get it, lifes too short to waste stressing out.

metal_martin

W:O:A Metalhead
16 Nov. 2008
Peterborough, England
When people start dieing outside of Mexico, then there is a need to worry. All the evidence outside of Mexico so far is that if it is treated early there is no danger.

Feel sorry for anyone in Mexico at the moment - must be scary. Hope it starts to settle down there soon - that would be good for everyone!!

rice

W:O:A Metalhead
11 Dez. 2008
NJ "garbage state"
Don't worry too much, you know what modern media is like, they have to fill the 24 hours news shows with something, and they just pick something and then cause blind panic among the general population. worry about it if you get it, lifes too short to waste stressing out.

If anything the media usually EMPHASIZES the truth. Sometimes to the point of insanity but that it does. As history goes, we are long overdue for another epidemic and its only a matter of time before it happens to become that way. (no biblical undertones here). With the amount of people crammed into this planet it is inevitable. As of yet I am not really worried personally (only that I better make it to Wacken!), I have enough problems in my own life to occupy my mind.
I dont know about other countries but here I doubt that the gov will actually admit to this being an epidemic (if it were) until the point where it gets out of control to where its so obvious to everyone, because thats just the way they are. Especially if there is no vaccine present. I believe alot of shit is kept from the public, but thats another story.

Deathbringer

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 März 2009
Massachusetts
If it hits hard in my area I wonder if the fact everybody except me in my region gets the flu yearly will help or harm me.

Yea, another epidemic is bound to happen eventually; it seems to happen every few decades or so. The last one we had was in the 60's, the one before that was in the 20's (or was it early 30's? I know WWI helped spread it, I'm just terrible with dates). So, technically we're a bit overdue.

I doubt the government will do much of anything here in the States. As it stands they're basically telling people to do the obvious such as washing hands and not panic without even quarantining except in some airports or boosting the boarder security to prevent illegal entry. Seeing Mexico is a neighboring country and the chances of spreading are higher here than elsewhere they would boost quarantining and such like Japan and other Asian countries are.

The media usually emphases some things; but they will report things that aren't only partially true if they believe it's something people would want to hear.

By the way; what I've heard is two in California have died. It's not official yet however.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
didn't hear anything yet about people dying in the US.

actually it seems like this flu is less dangerous then first reported...
instead of 20 confirmed deaths the Mexican government is now talking about 7....