Travelling from the UK

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

oflustandevil

2 Feb. 2003
London, UK
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Carpathian_Wolf
I think ill just fly direct! i really dont wanna be stuck on a fucken coach for ages! it will nacker me! i just wanna get there pretty easy! :D

thats the thing it WAS totally knackering sitting on your ass on the coach for that amount of time. although that could've been due to the fact that some guy on our coach kept playing jazz fusion all the way!!! WHHHHHHHY??? I was ready to kill by the time we got there!

we flew last year and it was much more fun! and we'll get there early on weds in time for the metal sing-along

oflustandevil

2 Feb. 2003
London, UK
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Warthog
Hmm, jazz fusion? I'd rather ride the Vomit Comet, lol.

theres always someone vomits on those coaches!!

not to sound spooky, but i heard about you last year..travelling from the usa, then being dragged to the campsite instead of the hotel so you wouldn't miss anything!!

(not to worry a couple of mates were on your coach..you're quite the legend :) )

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Ahhh, fame is such a burden! :) Ask your mates if they're tired of watching Jackass episodes yet! But yeah, that was fun...the driver looking at me like an idiot when I wanted my bag put back on the bus after stopping at the hotel, an Irishman named Dave saying, "You paid all that extra money for nothing?!?", staying the first soggy night in a cramped tent ...but fuck missing a whole night of the fest, damnit!

Come to think of it, I wouldn't have missed that first night for the world! :D

Aegir

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Dez. 2002
UK
Originally posted by Warthog
Ahhh, fame is such a burden! :) Ask your mates if they're tired of watching Jackass episodes yet! But yeah, that was fun...the driver looking at me like an idiot when I wanted my bag put back on the bus after stopping at the hotel, an Irishman named Dave saying, "You paid all that extra money for nothing?!?", staying the first soggy night in a cramped tent ...but fuck missing a whole night of the fest, damnit!

Come to think of it, I wouldn't have missed that first night for the world! :D

Why is the first night always the best? Last year was my first WOA and the Thursday night was amazing. I was on coach #3 by the way :)

I didn't know how friendly the festival would be, but I met some really cool people, saw some great live music. I was sooo drunk... I ended up going from one group of people to the next, sharing beer with them, me and my friend not knowing anybody but still managing to make new friends and have the times of our lives :) I didn't get back to my tent until 9am on the Friday morning, when I passed out... I was woken at midday by Iron Saviour, I believe, or a similar band :)

Don't you just love Wacken? :p

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Yes! Mass quantities of viking mead shall be drunk!

But yeah, I knew I was gonna have fun at Wacken, but I had no idea how much fun. My first night was the same - wandering around the campsites stumbling drunk, falling over tents and what have you, screaming Manowar lyrics at 5 am with people from five different countries. Good beer, good booze, good people, good times! :D

Shit, now I wonder what happened to that poor Polish bastard who didn't know any English, haha.

Spewman

5 Feb. 2003
Shropshire, England
Website besuchen
If you fly, that means no alcohol in your bags, right?

Not sure what I'm going to do. Argon are no good and turn up late? Hmm.

Apparently there's another bus tourer that does hotel stays for the same price.

Any chance of compensation (if there is any compensation for missing such an experience) if they turn up late when they said they would be on time?

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
That's a damn good question...I suppose it would rest on how much they deviate from the schedule they give you?

Definitely camp if you're up for it! You will have more fun, you will get (relatively) more sleep, and you will spend less money. Argon is worth it for that, because they take care of transport, ticket, etc. If you're adept enough to make your own arrangements, though, you'll probably save even more money.

@Carp - damn straight Mulkster! :D Next year is going to be a fuckin' blast!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

ebbo98

20 Jan. 2003
Coventry, England
Website besuchen
I have finally deceided to go by plane. Its going to be cheaper for me and the missus that way than by one of us gong by coach.

One more question which I am sure has been asked a million times. When do people arrive and leave? I was thinking about getting to the campsite on Wednseday afternoon and leaving early Monday. Is this the norm or does everyone leave on Sunday?

Aegir

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Dez. 2002
UK
Originally posted by Carpathian_Wolf
Well whatever way we go then we all must meet for large amounst of ale and viking mead! :D:D:D

Aegir are you still up for that wacken pre show party ? :D

Hopefully - I'm not organising it any more, a guy that I met last year is taking care of it all, when I hear something (which will be nearer the time) I'll post :)

Spewman

5 Feb. 2003
Shropshire, England
Website besuchen
I think I'll just brave it and take the bus. Then I'll complain my ass off if it does go wrong and take them to Watchdog or something. ;)

And I'll make sure beforehand that nothing will go wrong.

Me and about 5 mates are going, should be fun!

Where do they pick up from in the UK?