ticket holders to vote to kick bands out of Wacken 09

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

grandbernan

29 März 2009
Canada
www.myspace.com
Would it be possible to start a petition to get some bands off of the bill completely to allow room for better ones?

So far on the forums not one word of praise has been said in bullet for my valentines, walls of jericho, or bring me the horizons name.

How has management not noticed this? What happened to one of the greatest 'metal' festivals of all time? So far, and I know I am not alone in stating this, Wacken 09 is turning out to be a disappointment.

So I propose an agreement with all those in charge, that there should be a critical mass of fan votes to get rid of agreed on individual band that has only been receiving criticism. Why can't certain positions be freed up for an act not only that people want to see, but that people paid good money for? OR at the very least just get rid of some bands. Then at least the overall quality of the show would improve.

These are just my thoughts, but I could honestly see this happening and think that it would be a great step in improving Wacken 09.

XX00

W:O:A Metalmaster
22 Mai 2008
ok, I'll try my best to answer in english :D

Yes, you are right here on the forum aren't many words of praise for bands like bullet for my valentine, and personally I don't like them, too.
But more than enough people will be there, when Bullet for My Valentine, Bring me the Horizon and the others playing at wacken.

So let them have fun and drink a beer while they are playing, so everything will be okay :D

(Sorry for my english, i'm german :D)

carburetor

W:O:A Metalhead
1 Mai 2006
Norway
no, must have some crapy bands on the bill. can`t see them all anyway and it will to much to see bands from 10 in the morning to 3 at night. at least 60% of the band should bee bad!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Seatiger

W:O:A Metalmaster
1 Dez. 2008
no, must have some crapy bands on the bill. can`t see them all anyway and it will to much to see bands from 10 in the morning to 3 at night. at least 60% of the band should bee bad!

That means they are bad for YOU. But if you don't like Endstille, you don't go and watch. But some others do! But if BfmV is playing, approximately nobody is going.

If nobody was interested in 60% of the bands, you could totally leave them out and enjoy the silence :D

Korax

20 Aug. 2008
That means they are bad for YOU. But if you don't like Endstille, you don't go and watch. But some others do! But if BfmV is playing, approximately nobody is going.

If nobody was interested in 60% of the bands, you could totally leave them out and enjoy the silence :D

I didn't have payed 130 Euro for silence !

carburetor

1 Mai 2006
Norway

for me of course. I`m talking about me and no others!

Master-of-Desaster91

24 Apr. 2007
Freiburg

Yeah your right, if you don't like bands like BMTH, BFMV or Callejon or whatever, just sit back and relax on the campground...

They can't make a perfect billing for everyone and because there are a lot of Metalheads that like BFMV, BFMV has the right to play there. It was the same 2007 when Sonic Syndicate came. Everyone said nobody will watch them because Sonic Syndicate is just something for Emo-Kiddies but in fact there were enough metalheads to enjoy a nice concert of Sonic Syndicate...

BierBaron666

21 Feb. 2008
Nattheim :o
www.lastfm.de
I think that's impossible.
Would be great, but it will never happen..
I'm sure that bands like BfmV were one of the reasons for the early sold-out of the festival.
Many "fashion-metalers" bought their tickets because they saw all the things about the festival on TV last year.. And when bands like BfmV are confirmed they are like wooow what an awesome billing :D
All these people would be against kicking these bands out of the billing..
And I think this year there are MANY of those "kiddies".

grandbernan

29 März 2009
Canada
www.myspace.com
I think thats right about there having to be some bad bands, and now I'm seeing that makes more sense...I didn't think about the whole day of bands factor since I've never been to a festival of this proportion before.

If those fashion-metallers like BfmV and what not, I guess that will just filter them out of the good bands crowds:D

Needless to say there are some great bands on this bill, but when they mix the great bands with the ones that make everybody wonder what the hell is happening with the music industry today, its just confusing.

Although, I'm still really going to push for and bother management about bringing some goddamn death metal to this show, as so far there is really NONE! what the fuck!