• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Hi! how are you doing!?
I actually thought about you the other day, when Atlanta was mentioned in cyberpunk2077, was wondering what you were doing nowadays?

I'm alright, no storm damage around my house, but haven't been outside so don't know how the neighbourhood is doing.
I'm planning to go to a restaurant in Amsterdam later today, but as of now the trains stil aren't riding.
so hopefully they will in a few hours.
Glad it's just delays rather than damage. The vids were pretty crazy.

I'm working and playing games these days mostly. Still in Atlanta but I have my own place downtown (and a mortgage) rather than out in the suburbs. Not much else going on, especially since COVID's still a thing. Haven't been to a show in ages. Hoping that this year it'll be relatively safe to do that again.

Anything else interesting going on there?

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

I'm working and playing games these days mostly. Still in Atlanta but I have my own place downtown (and a mortgage) rather than out in the suburbs. Not much else going on, especially since COVID's still a thing. Haven't been to a show in ages. Hoping that this year it'll be relatively safe to do that again.

Not much going over here either.
we're getting out of lockdown step by step, so things will probably be a lot better in a few weeks when we can finally do everything again and the weather will become a bit nicer.

So this downtown place. is it an apartment or a house?
Is the downtown area a walkable place or is it one of those giant traffic jams kind of places?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

Covid, there it is again.

I seem to have recovered from it.
But stuck for another 5 days.

O yeah, I moved to francophonia! 'Bout 10 years ago.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Not much going over here either.
we're getting out of lockdown step by step, so things will probably be a lot better in a few weeks when we can finally do everything again and the weather will become a bit nicer.

So this downtown place. is it an apartment or a house?
Is the downtown area a walkable place or is it one of those giant traffic jams kind of places?

It's a condo, so basically it's an apartment I own rather than pay rent on. It's relatively walkable, at least by non-NYC US standards. My new place is right next to a pretty nice park, which I'll be able to take more advantage of once the weather warms up. There are also a lot of restaurants around here. But on the other hand, bus services have gotten even worse since I moved down here, which I'm guessing is related to COVID risks and the more general trend of people quitting low pay jobs that probably should have paid better in the first place.

Covid, there it is again.

I seem to have recovered from it.
But stuck for another 5 days.

O yeah, I moved to francophonia! 'Bout 10 years ago.

Glad you've recovered. I think I might have caught it very briefly around Christmas, since a lot of people in my building got it around then, but if it was COVID, it was both milder and shorter than even a normal cold. Either way I'm glad to have vaccines.

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
It's a condo, so basically it's an apartment I own rather than pay rent on. It's relatively walkable, at least by non-NYC US standards. My new place is right next to a pretty nice park, which I'll be able to take more advantage of once the weather warms up. There are also a lot of restaurants around here. But on the other hand, bus services have gotten even worse since I moved down here, which I'm guessing is related to COVID risks and the more general trend of people quitting low pay jobs that probably should have paid better in the first place.

Glad you've recovered. I think I might have caught it very briefly around Christmas, since a lot of people in my building got it around then, but if it was COVID, it was both milder and shorter than even a normal cold. Either way I'm glad to have vaccines.

Bus services over here also have gotten worse since covid.
But I'm sure they'll be upgraded again once more people start to use them again.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Open a new internet tab: read about conflict in Ukraine.
Turn on TV: watch live footage of a natural disaster in my area.
Open window: watch where my hopes and plans for the day went, and also said dangerous weather event unfolding in real time.
Open Facebook: all of the above plus a gig I thought about attending getting cancelled cos the venue is flooded.

Looks like Friday will be a bit exciting though.

I kind of miss when life was mundane. :ugly:

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
To be clear, my place is fine, apart from a small leak in the roof. The whole "2 months worth of rain in a day" business has cut off a LOT of roads in this corner of the state so I'm pretty much forced to lock myself in the house. It's one of those weather events where you want to help but you won't be able to do a single thing until it's over.

It's raining heavier the more I type. Coincidence? I think NOT!

Reaktionen: agresionpower

agresionpower

22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Open a new internet tab: read about conflict in Ukraine.
Turn on TV: watch live footage of a natural disaster in my area.
Open window: watch where my hopes and plans for the day went, and also said dangerous weather event unfolding in real time.
Open Facebook: all of the above plus a gig I thought about attending getting cancelled cos the venue is flooded.

Looks like Friday will be a bit exciting though.

I kind of miss when life was mundane. :ugly:

that's 2022 for ya... :ugly:

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
There's a golf course half way between home and our rehearsal space. The main road there was the one I was most concerned about crossing in the rain cos I know there's a river nearby. WELL, the flooding got so bad over the weekend that 6 bull sharks got washed into a lake at one of the holes. Yeah, you're not retrieving anything out of there. :ugly: