• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
While making some food for christmas, I started to wonder what do people prepare for christmas in other countries?

Here in Finland we have ham, different casseroles, salmon, herring, peas and so on. And I know in Germany mom eats cheese fondue with the family, but I don't know if there is a traditional food in Germany as well?

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
While making some food for christmas, I started to wonder what do people prepare for christmas in other countries?

Here in Finland we have ham, different casseroles, salmon, herring, peas and so on. And I know in Germany mom eats cheese fondue with the family, but I don't know if there is a traditional food in Germany as well?

I actually don't know! I have even no idea if we have a "national" meal in Belgium!

Alix

12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia

Since it's summer here, seasonal summer fruit is very popular (mangos, cherries, nectarines, etc.). As for mains, any kind of roasts, seafood, salads, etc. Rum balls and gingerbread are super popular too.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

Over here we do "gourmetten" which bassically means you you have a grillplate with or without tiny pans, or small spirtusburners with pans and everybody cookes there on miniture stuff on it.
And pretty much everybody does it atleast on one of the chrismas days. (We have two chrismasdays following christmaseve.
https://www.google.nl/search?q=gour...mN7AbIvIDoDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
Since it's summer here, seasonal summer fruit is very popular (mangos, cherries, nectarines, etc.). As for mains, any kind of roasts, seafood, salads, etc. Rum balls and gingerbread are super popular too.

Ohh, sounds good! Would be so weird to spend christmas somewhere else and eat totally different kind of food.

Over here we do "gourmetten" which bassically means you you have a grillplate with or without tiny pans, or small spirtusburners with pans and everybody cookes there on miniture stuff on it.
And pretty much everybody does it atleast on one of the chrismas days. (We have two chrismasdays following christmaseve.
https://www.google.nl/search?q=gour...mN7AbIvIDoDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672

That looks good! We also celebrate christmas on eve and the two following days. Well I don't know about celebrating but we eat the christmas food for three days.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
Ohh, sounds good! Would be so weird to spend christmas somewhere else and eat totally different kind of food.

That looks good! We also celebrate christmas on eve and the two following days. Well I don't know about celebrating but we eat the christmas food for three days.

Yeah in a differend country is one thing. But in a differend season just feels weird to me.
My father told me that back in south africa they used to have a christmas braai (BBQ)

Milkie

23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
My best Christmas was in germany :)
You should definitely check out the german Christmas market. It just had such a nice atmosphere.

Yeah I really want to! We have some here too but I doubt they're as nice as in Germany. And I totally forgot to go this year... Oops.

So is anybody interested in the full metal mountain thing? Seems interesting. I just wonder about how expensive it'll be

Heck yes! And probably quite expensive... But it'd be nice to go.