THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING TO WACKEN

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
13 Jan. 2008
Cornwall, UK
Oh, so cyber was wrong. Sorry, I didn´t proof his statement i.e. "sold out for metal shuttle from Lübeck"...

So you have a shuttle directly from Lübeck airport to Wacken? Cool :)

yeah it was 28 euro each way was hoping someone would know something cheaper but had to book it as its gona sell out soon and my mates decided to go for it anyway. see you at wacken!!!

PandiTaWVerDe

23 Juni 2009
.l.
Just wondering people if you could help me out.
I'm arriving to Berlin from Mexico. Then i thought I could take a train, but I if you could help me out a little; the page which its supposed to be in Spanish and/or in English its half in German D:!I cant understand at all, so anyone knows which train(s) I could take and what to do when I get to Wacken? I mean, is the train station inside Wacken, or in the outside of the town, and when I arrive am I supposed to get into a bus or something? or just I get of the train and ta-dda! I'm in wacken =)
Thanks for your help!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I'm arriving to Berlin from Mexico. Then i thought I could take a train, but I if you could help me out a little; the page which its supposed to be in Spanish and/or in English its half in German D:!I cant understand at all, so anyone knows which train(s) I could take and what to do when I get to Wacken? I mean, is the train station inside Wacken, or in the outside of the town, and when I arrive am I supposed to get into a bus or something? or just I get of the train and ta-dda! I'm in wacken =)
Thanks for your help!

From Berlin you go to Hamburg (either Hbf which is main station or Altona)
From Hamburg, you go to Itzehoe. This is the station nearest to Wacken.

It could be that you have to change in Elmshorn from the Hbf but that shouldn't be a problem.

Since I don't know when you'll be arriving....

Undomiel

W:O:A Metalmaster
27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
Thanks for your help!

From Berlin you can´t go directly to Hamburg-Altona, you will arrive at Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (central station). There you have to switch into the S-Bahn, go to Altona. Wait, just send me you arrival dates and I can give you the schedules how to go. :)

cyber999

20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
ok, i think i got this right:

so, first thing to do is to go the s bahn station (hamburg aiport (flughafen) to ohlsdorf. than to get another train to altona or hamburg bhf S1 direction wedel, than a regional train to itzehoe (r60), than the shuttle bus to wacken

is this right?

danke schon

Undomiel

27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
ok, i think i got this right:

so, first thing to do is to go the s bahn station (hamburg aiport (flughafen) to ohlsdorf. than to get another train to altona or hamburg bhf S1 direction wedel, than a regional train to itzehoe (r60), than the shuttle bus to wacken

is this right?

danke schon

errr...didn´t I explain that some pages before???

1.) S-Bahn 1 (green line) from Airport Hamburg to ALTONA (train station). This takes 37 Minutes.
2.) Regional Train to Itzehoe (about 46 to 56 minutes)
3.) Shuttle Bus to WOA.

-R4-

W:O:A Metalhead
26 März 2006
Italy, Rome
errr...didn´t I explain that some pages before???

1.) S-Bahn 1 (green line) from Airport Hamburg to ALTONA (train station). This takes 37 Minutes.
2.) Regional Train to Itzehoe (about 46 to 56 minutes)
3.) Shuttle Bus to WOA.

just 37 minutes from airport to altona? really?

and another question, i saw shuttle buses from itzehoe and the page is all in german so i cant understand it very well

from what i've understood there are buses on wednesday each 30 minutes up to 20.00

then there is just one at 22 and the last at 24

so, people like me, arriving at 21, will have to wait one hour hoping to be able to get in that shuttle bus?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

-R4-

W:O:A Metalhead
26 März 2006
Italy, Rome
and another question, i saw shuttle buses from itzehoe and the page is all in german so i cant understand it very well

from what i've understood there are buses on wednesday each 30 minutes up to 20.00

then there is just one at 22 and the last at 24

so, people like me, arriving at 21, will have to wait one hour hoping to be able to get in that shuttle bus?

ok i've an official answer for this one:

this schedule is only "rough"!
you ll be able to catch a bus anyway!

from kai of the wacken's hq :D

toastie

11 Juli 2008
Is someone's going to arrive on Monday- join our "pre-Wacken garden party" from Saturday evening to Monday morning. It's about a quarter an hour away from the campgrounds. The more people, the more epic. :D

Fuck yes, John. Say goodbye to your garden.:D:D

Thanks for your help!

Hola... la primera vez que fui a Wacken tambien de Berlin me traslade a Wacken, la segunda y ahora la tercera lo hare desde Hamburgo, te dejé un mensaje privado con mis datos, para que me contactes y pueda explicarte mejor, mi correo electronico y messanger es como mi nick en el correo caliente mas famoso jeje.. saludos