Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Yanos666

W:O:A Metalhead
6 März 2009
Liverpool
Its a best of billing just because you didn't know them doesn't mean they are "best of" bands unless you've been going to wacken for the full 20 years which I dont think many of us have!

its a well rounded billing trying to encompass 20years of metal history here I cn't imagine thats an easy job for anyone to be doing, so I think the orga deserve a hell of a lot more credit than they're getting on here really tbh, I think fans of exetreme metal, heavy metal (old and new school) viking metal, power metal and which ever other types of metal you wanna list have all got something in there. Personally i'm happy about all the bagpipe bands except Extremo I think they're genuinely one of the worst bands I've every heard! But Korpiklaani, Schandmaul, etc will be good, shame Ensiferum aren't chucked back in again or Eluveitie i'd kinda expected them to play this year finally.

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
I don't need to have a look a the wacken history page because it's already written in the announcement the years in which these bands have played in Wacken.. (except for Nervecell and Insidious Disease that I know).. but, seriously, are they ''big names''??!! Or are you simply happy to see them only because ''they have played a lot of times or many years ago'' at Wacken?
Can't agree more. Every Wacken we have like 30% of the bands who are crap, that very few people like. But sometimes they get invited to the fest year after year for some reason (maybe they friends with the orga, maybe they just hole-closing-act for the lats moment line-up).
If the Orga would really like to bring to this anniversary big names through Wacken history we would see Hypocrisy, Immortal, CC, Kreator and many more.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
Can't agree more. Every Wacken we have like 30% of the bands who are crap, that very few people like. But sometimes they get invited to the fest year after year for some reason (maybe they friends with the orga, maybe they just hole-closing-act for the lats moment line-up).
If the Orga would really like to bring to this anniversary big names through Wacken history we would see Hypocrisy, Immortal, CC, Kreator and many more.

Again just listing Death Metal names ok except Immortal.

Maybe the orga ask bands to come that they like?! Since they started this whole thing for the music they liked to begin with.

Undomiel

W:O:A Metalmaster
27 Dez. 2001
Hamburg
They maybe one the pioneers of DM, but all they recorded are two uber-primitive demos in 80's. How does it make them great band?

Rehearsal Tape Demo, 1986
Demo l Demo, 1987
Fatal Prediction/Demoniac Possession EP, 1987
Demo #2 Demo, 1987
White Hell Demo, 1991
Pentagram Best of/Compilation, 2000
Reborn 2001 Live album, 2001
Under The Spell Of The Pentagram Best of/Compilation, 2008

They did a little bit more....

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
Rehearsal Tape Demo, 1986
Demo l Demo, 1987
Fatal Prediction/Demoniac Possession EP, 1987
Demo #2 Demo, 1987
White Hell Demo, 1991
Pentagram Best of/Compilation, 2000
Reborn 2001 Live album, 2001
Under The Spell Of The Pentagram Best of/Compilation, 2008

They did a little bit more....
As far as I know they didn't record anything new after those demos. The rest is just re-recorded and remixed stuff.

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
they are a great band simply for the smell of old holy fucking thrash/death metal shit that they have in their music! :)
Even me being a huge old-school DM cannot listen to their stuff. There is barely any structure in their songs, they barely knew how to handle their instruments when they recorded those demos. I love old school, but well recorded and well played (as Death, Obituary, Morbid Angel etc.)

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
Never the less its far more than "two demos" you mentioned before...:rolleyes:
I don't consider re-recorded and reissued songs as "new material".
Anyway, such announcements as Anthrax and Onkel Tom makes this billing to look better. To bad there are almost no slots left for some extreme act, just couple of minor bands.
I've noticed that Orga for some reason invites side projects of known musicians instead of their major acts. We have Sarke instead of Darkthrone, Insidious Disease instead of Nile/Old's Man Child/Dimmu Borgir, KoS (canceled) isntead of Dawn/Hatebreed, Pain instead of Hypocrisy. Is it because side projects are cheaper?