Not the cradle of filth pussies!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lord Horb

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Nov. 2001
Letmathe-Sauerland (NRW)
Originally posted by JonB666
Damn, System Of A Down lol

My definition of True-Metal and none-true metal is simple.

If you see it on MTV, It ain't true metal.
huh? Motörhead isn't true?

Originally posted by JonB666
Damn, System Of A Down, Fucking gay
True, but I do also think they're talented... just like the Red Hot Chili Peppers... but they suck even worse than SOAD ;)

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
haha, funny to read the discussions about what is metal and what isn't. What's true and what isn't. Everything has to have a name. but in the end it's all music and you like it or you don't.

And I think it's good the little kiddies get to know the so called MTV bands who make heavy music. They have to start with something to get to know the underground bands. And they end up in Wacken eventually just like the rest of us:)

putridtorture

14 Dez. 2002
Edinburgh. Scotland
www.putridtorture.com
These kids are just in-experienced in metal, but hopefully some of them will realize what metal really is. Personally, everyone has different tastes, and each should be to their own and should not have to be criticised. Give these kids a couple of years, it might not be so bad. Or maybe it will.

HectoR666

27 Okt. 2002
Liverpool, UK
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Lord Horb
huh? Motörhead isn't true?

True, but I do also think they're talented... just like the Red Hot Chili Peppers... but they suck even worse than SOAD ;)

To be fair I've never seen motorhead on MTV, maybe you have a special MTV but I would be happy to see motorhead on MTV.

As for Chili Peppers I also respect them because they're original, not easy these days. SOAD aren't exactly original. I honestly don't believe I'm having this discussion on the Wacken forum, I would have expected better. MTV is to blame for what's called "Nu-metal" today. In my opinion SOAD would never fit in at Wacken and any such suggestions make me laugh. If they did appear it would be the shortest set ever.

I was not the person who started labelling, I'm just voicing my opinion.

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
I really dislike MTV, not only because of the music but especially for taking over our national musicchannel, TMF.
TMF was very popular. And ofcourse, most of the music was that pop-crap but they had sometimes really nice live-concerts in the evening and on monday they an evening with an alternative program, a rock program and a metal/hardmusic program.
True, you can discuss about the contents of the last one because they had music from all bands that might play on Dynamo open air (also nu-metal, Hardcore, that kind of stuff) But it was something.
But TMF was too popular and the Dutch version of MTV couldn't compete with them. So they took over the whole shit. They used the popular programs for MTV and dumped the rest. And TMF is now a so called interactive music channel (no programs anymore, only music 24 hours a day. Only popular ofcourse and very irritating useless polls where you can sms your opinion about something (costs like €0,70 a message) can't believe people are stupid enough to do that)

Anyway, the little quality there was on national television is killed by MTV. OK, they have jackass. But I've seen them all by now and watching the replays again and again don't excite me anymore.

so this were my frustrations about MTV, and it's absolutely offtopic
You're welcome!:D

JonB666

13 Apr. 2002
Liverpool,England
Website besuchen
I totally agree with all the comments about MTV.
It's name Music TeleVision but does not cater to all types of music, they are failing in their task. MTV now stands for Money TeleVision because they play only the things that are selling. when they do have a "rock" show and talk about "Extreme" music they show us bands like Slipknot and Cradle Of Filth. They have lost touch with reality to make some quick money.

Am I correct in thinking that MTV was started by one of the Monkees, a band who never wrote their own songs or performed them either. This would explain a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong.